Start by marking “King Of The Desert, Captive Bride (Desert Kings, #2)” as Want to Read:
King Of The Desert, Captive Bride (Desert Kings, #2)

King Of The Desert, Captive Bride (Desert Kings #2)

When Sheikh Khalid Fehr rescues innocent Olivia Morse from the hands of his country's enemies, he guarantees her freedom by announcing she is his betrothed....Khalid has vouched for Liv with his honor... and this desert king is determined that his new wife will fulfill her marital duties, by his side as his regal queen...and as his captive virgin bride!
Published May 1st 2008 by Harlequin (first published March 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about King Of The Desert, Captive Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about King Of The Desert, Captive Bride

Alex is The Romance Fox
Okay, so I’m on a roll with Desert Sheiks stories…but only because they’re written by one of my favorite Mills & Boon authors, Jane Porter.
This is the 2nd book in her Desert Kings series and it was absolutely amazing….actually stunning!!!!
We met Khalid Fehr in the previous book, Sheikh's Chosen Queen and he’s King Sharif Fehr’s brother, who has found his HEA with Jesslyn…. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...
Khalid turns out to be quite an amazing hero….something I wasn’t too sure about
Jacqueline
This is my 1500th review here on Goodreads! I'm happy it's for a book that I enjoyed. Typically, I am not much of a fan of sheikh romances but if you read HPs you'll probably read a few. This one was probably one of the best, if not the best, of this subgenre that I've read.

It had an interesting premise of a woman arrested for drug smuggling and who had spent over a month in a brutal middle eastern prison. She is rescued by a prince/sheikh of a neighboring country. The hero/sheikh, Khalid, was
Jenny
Jun 08, 2017 Jenny rated it did not like it
Shelves: heroine-i-hated
DNF! Heroine was so unlikable!
MelissaB
The plot was thin and had quite a few holes in it but some parts were good. The romance was only okay, I thought the end part where he sent her away was very sudden and abrupt for no reason. The plot jumped around, one minute the heroine wants to turn herself in to save a girl from jail, the next she suddenly decides to marry Khalid despite protesting up to this point. There was no real explanation of who would want to frame Olivia for drugs and there was hardly any attention given to mental iss ...more
Mary
Apr 20, 2016 Mary rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: people who are interested in reading this story?
I have read a lot of these Sheikh Romance books in the past two weeks: twelve, including one by Jane Porter that I did enjoy. And I feel like I have a lot of tolerance and read these stories always with the mindset not to take them too seriously, but this story is by far the least favourite of the ones I've read so far.

TLDR: Mainly because the female protagonist is absolutely, smh, I-can't-even unbearable. Her overwhelming unlikeability(?) ruins any/all redeeming points of this book.

The Good:
Pam
Nov 16, 2010 Pam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had a great story and I loved the detail of the historic Egyptian sites they visited. I learned quite a bit about Egyptian history and gods while reading this small book....only 179 pages.

The story opens up with Sheikh Khalid rescuing Liv from a horrible prison called Ozr in a middle eastern country. She was arrested for having drugs in her backpack. She allowed a "friend" to put her bag inside her backpack without knowing what was in it. Stupid, stupid move! Khalid gives "his word" th
Marilyn
Nov 14, 2008 Marilyn rated it it was amazing
In Jane's the Sheikh's Chosen Queen (book 1) you were introduced to King Sharif Fehr and his wife Jesslyn. Jesslyn was friends with Sharif's two sisters who were killed when they were all three on a trip. The family was devastated, especially his brother Khalid Fehr, who now resides in the Great Sarq Desert.

Khalid has never gotten over the loss so when he reads a post on the Internet from a brother who lives in the US,looking for his sister, Khalid's heart twists. After some research and inves
Andrea Guy
Jun 12, 2010 Andrea Guy rated it really liked it
Jane Porter's King Of The Desert, Captive Bride, is probably one of the best Presents novels I've read. The story revolves around Sheikh Khalid Fehr and Olivia Morse. Olivia is imprisoned in Jabar for smuggling drugs into the country. Thanks to a plea from her brother, Khalid manages to get her out of the prison but not without consequences. He has to marry her.

Khalid is not your typical Presents hero. He's not super arrogant. He's not nasty. In fact, Khalid is the kind of hero, most women dream
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Sheikh Khalid Fehr lost his sisters years ago and now tries to help others that have family members in trouble. So when he see on the internet that Olivia Morse has been arrested in his country and that her family is asking for help he comes forward. Olivia was on a trip by herself but on a group tour when she was asked to hold a backpack for someone and then arrested. Khaild comes to help her but he finds the only way to get her out is to say that she is his women. This starts their journey to ...more
Maura
AelixRage
Sep 18, 2012 AelixRage rated it liked it
I have mixed feelings about this novella. I don't know, it just didn't reach the high that I wanted it to. It started out strong, then somewhere in the middle it seemed to go bland. The romance between the two would've been better if we got to read more of Khalid's thoughts, but most of the story was so focused on Olivia, I kind of debated whether I like her or not.

Olivia wasn't made to be strong at all, she was too emotional and prone to outbursts. A bit imbalanced to be exact. I mean, she was
Yvette
Aug 29, 2011 Yvette rated it really liked it
I would say this book is pretty well plotted and different in some ways from a lot of other Presents. The ending though was very similar to other Presents, which I suppose should be no surprise!

Overall I liked the characters.
Chinablue_25 West Bostedor
Jan 10, 2011 Chinablue_25 West Bostedor rated it really liked it
This book has solidified that I will NEVER go to the middle east!!! Very good book. Hard to put down. On the edge of your seat!
Tjoel2
Sep 26, 2011 Tjoel2 rated it liked it
Read September 2011
Lady Raven RAVE!
Feb 05, 2011 Lady Raven RAVE! rated it really liked it
Shelves: sheikhs-romance
Lovable story i think i'm leaning more to this brother's story i like it good fast read for me.
Brittany Mcglothlin
Brittany Mcglothlin rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2015
Ezema Linda
Ezema Linda rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2017
Gretchen
Gretchen rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2015
Janet
Janet rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2014
Carol Brandt
Carol Brandt rated it liked it
Oct 14, 2014
Marie
Marie rated it did not like it
Apr 06, 2014
Janice
Janice rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2014
Loren
Loren rated it did not like it
Jan 27, 2012
Shaneque
Shaneque rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2012
Cari
Cari rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2013
Lizzie
Lizzie rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2012
Lynne
Lynne rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2015
Mairena
Mairena rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2013
N.G
N.G rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2016
  • Stolen by the Sheikh (Clemenger Sisters #2)
  • For the Sheikh's Pleasure (Surrender to the Sheikh) (Harlequin Presents, #2656)
  • The Arabian Love-Child
  • The Inherited Bride
  • The Sheikh's Defiant Bride (Sheikh Tycoons, #1)
  • The Tarnished Jewel of Jazaar
  • Bella and the Merciless Sheikh (The Balfour Brides #7)
  • The Desert Lord's Bride (Throne of Judar, #2)
  • The Sheikh's Innocent Bride
  • Hired: The Sheikh's Secretary Mistress (Royal Brides, #8)
  • The Italian's Wedding Ultimatum (Modern Romance S.)
  • The Sheikh's Forbidden Virgin (The Royal House of Karedes #4)
  • The Desert King's Virgin Bride
  • Tamed: The Barbarian King (Dark-Hearted Desert Men #2)
Born in Visalia, California, I'm a small town girl at heart. I love central California's golden foothills, oak trees, and the miles of farmland. In my mind, there's nothing sweeter in the world than the heady fragrance of orange blossoms on a sultry summer night.

As a little girl I spent hours on my bed, staring out the window, dreaming of far off places, fearless knights, and happy-ever-after endi
More about Jane Porter...

Desert Kings (3 books)
  • The Sheikh's Chosen Queen (Desert Kings, #1)
  • Duty, Desire and the Desert King (Desert Kings, #3)