Start by marking “Secret Baby, Convenient Wife” as Want to Read:
Secret Baby, Convenient Wife

Secret Baby, Convenient Wife

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  218 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Dervla was the nurse who'd tended his wounds when he was injured. He was the sexy billionaire who'd seduced her. She refused to be his mistress, so Gianfranco made her his wife....He had only one condition when they wed: no children...

For a year they were blissfully happy, making lazy love in the mornings, hot passionate love by night. But Dervla was carrying a secret. She
Published May 1st 2008 by Harlequin (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Secret Baby, Convenient Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret Baby, Convenient Wife

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
This was a cute, quick read. Dervla and Gianfranco are married when the book starts, and their fast courtship is told in flashbacks. Dervla has the usual inferiority complex of the ordinary heroine who can't understand why the Italian God has fallen for her. Especially since she cannot conceive, although Gianfranco doesn't want any other kids anyway. She meets him when his son and he comes into the emergency room at the hospital where she works as a nurse. Initially, Gianfranco is arrogant and b ...more
Jenny
Wonderful read,loved both the hero and the heroine. Dervla touched my heart she is such a great stepmother to Gianfranco's son and so patient with the hero who is not a bad guy at all just totally oblivious to his deep feelings about his wife. Still he respected her, took his marriage vows seriously and when he finally realized he was in love with Dervla and the way he told her, well that was the best scene in the whole book. The epilogue was also adorable beyond words! Heartwarming story!
Jacqueline
I like Kim Lawrence's writing style for the most part. This one had too many flashbacks that disrupted the story for me. There wasn't really any secret baby here. The title is a bit misleading. The hero was stubbornly and willfully blind about his feelings. The heroine had a TSTL moment at the end which was totally and blatantly just a way to but the characters where the author wanted them for drama. It was totally out of character and something that no sane woman would have done.
Tia
Some of this book was absolutely hilarious and I couldn't stop laughing. It frustrated me near the end though where we find out she is pregnant then she's all of a sudden due in four weeks or whatever, it was such a huge gap. Not to mention the whole Carla thing, the heroine should of been able to see through her manipulative bullshit before the end of the book.
Roub
this was light and entertaining! a fun romance! unfortunately, dervla was a doormat but it was obvious gianfranco was besotted wid her and had fallen hard for her, right from the first. so this did compensate for her lack of pride& self-respect! the story changed from the usual ones, it had a fresh touch to it and i enjoyed it very much..how gianfranco was obsessed wid his lil wife, how dervla wanted to shock him out of his shell but cud not get past her neediness. yes she was incredibly nee ...more
Erotic Horizon
Secret Baby, Convenient Wife by Kim Lawrence (2008)
Sandra
Ia a entrar no terceiro capítulo quando tive a certeza que já tinha lido esta história. No entanto, não me apeteceu parar. O que diz muito acerca daquilo que penso do livro...

A história é interessante e um pouco diferente, dentro do género. Começa com o casal já casado, depois de um namoro quase inexistente e um casamento apressado e muito vantajoso para ela, dado que ele é podre de rico, bem sucedido e, claro, sexy as hell!... São aparentemente felizes e, claro, a chama sexual e física é intens
Angy
well, you may find me narrow minded but i like my heroes to be bachelors not widowers or divorcees...
so was the first set back of this story for me.
rest of the story was ok.
loved the boy Alberto though.
Anita Santiago
I just love this book. The character were really well developed and have a good story line with sense of humor.
Tishke
The synopsis is a bit inaccurate. She actually was his son's nurse - yeah, he did have few scratches, but it was his son who was admitted to the hospital and in the critical care unit.

I did feel some emotion in this book but I really didn't care for how the book was arranged, with the flashbacks of how they met and the present day scenes. The transitions had lots of hiccups and were not flawless, so I found myself mostly skimming the flashbacks. The other woman's role and the added drama was goo
رومولا الن
رواية الام قلب

روايه جميله ورائعة
Tizah
great. ..!
Aruna Nandigama
Motherhood, a Distant Dream later becomes true to a woman but it comes at the cost of Love and Trust of her beloved. So what should she choose, and more importantly will she forced to choose?

A Good Book running between past and present, Touches your heart at many places. The emotional drama the attachment between the step son and Step Mom are really highlights of the Book.
Katelyn
This book was meh with me. There were too many flashbacks it made things confusing. But another thing that bugged me the title was misleading. I just founded unbelievable that they both got together in the first place.
Linda
Maybe not very realistic, but I enjoyed it just the same. The main character Dervla is a nurse who is married to a billionare.
Dhaverma
Just couldn't read it. A wife who runs away because she is pregnant and argues with her husband. Ick.
Loisa
Loisa added it
Jun 29, 2015
Rachel
Rachel is currently reading it
Jun 23, 2015
Bianca
Bianca added it
Jun 02, 2015
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Mathilda Koppel Eriksson
Mathilda Koppel Eriksson marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
  • Baby of Shame
  • Expecting His Love-Child (House of Kolovsky #1)
  • The Sheikh's Innocent Bride (Harlequin Presents, #2511)
  • Valentino's Love-Child
  • Chosen as the Frenchman's Bride
  • The Salvatore Marriage Deal
  • The Secret Baby Bargain
  • Pinangan Sang Milyarder (The Pregnancy Proposal)
  • The Mediterranean Billionaire's Secret Baby
  • The Sicilian's Christmas Bride
  • The Santangeli Marriage
  • The Desert King's Pregnant Bride (Unexpected Babies) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #50)
Though lacking much authentic Welsh blood, Kim Lawrence comes from English-Irish stock. She was born and brought up in North Wales. She returned there when she married, and her sons were both born on Anglesey, an island off the coast. Though not isolated, Anglesey is a little off the beaten track, but lively Dublin, which Kim loves, is only a short ferry ride away. Today they live on the farm her ...more
More about Kim Lawrence...
Pregnant by the Greek Tycoon Beauty and the Greek The Brunelli Baby Bargain Mistress: Pregnant by the Spanish Billionaire Sophie and the Scorching Sicilian (The Balfour Brides #4)