Start by marking “Lone Calder Star” as Want to Read:
Lone Calder Star

Lone Calder Star (Calder Saga #9)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  487 ratings  ·  18 reviews
For more than one hundred years, the Cee Bar Ranch on the northern plains of Texas has been run by the Calder family. They might live in Montana, but their hearts are never far from the blue skies and hard-working hands at home in the Lone Star state. But now, there's trouble at the Cee Bar. The ranch has been all but abandoned, the horses left to starve, the ranch hands r ...more
Audio, 0 pages
Published July 1st 2005 by Sound Library (first published June 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Lone Calder Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lone Calder Star

MsMica
Feb 08, 2011 MsMica rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of (comparably chaste) contemporary romance
I really liked the story but I could have used a little more romance... (for someone who cut her Romance babyteeth on the likes of J.R. Ward and Sherrilyn Kenyon, mere 'intense' kisses and allusions to a night full of 'passionate lovemaking' just do not fill the bill.... if you know what I'm saying. And I think you do....;-)

I'm smitten with all things cowboy and western these days so it was right up my alley.
I have heard things (good and bad) about Janet Dailey, but I thoroughly enjoyed this qui
Dana
The Cee Bar ranch in Texas has been run by the Calders for over 100 years. So when the Calders are having difficulty keeping foremen to run the ranch, Quint is sent to investigate. Quint pretends to be a simple cowboy and as soon as he hits town everyone is warning him off the Cee Bar.

Max Rutledge and his grandson, Boone are wanting to buy the ranch at any cost. Quint be-friends "Empty" Garner and his granddaughter Dallas. Things turn very ugly and there is a suspicious fire and anthrax.

The very
John Foxjohn
Lone Star Calder was the first book I read in the Calder series, and actually, the first book I'd read by Janet Dailey. This book made me a fan of the series and her writing.

I highly recommend it.
Tracy Canuck
Didn't know this book was one in a series. Light book with not much going on. I should have known it was a fluff book by the pic on the convert but mine was covered with sales stickers I couldn't tell. No desire to pick up the rest of the Calder ranch series
Dawn ♥ romance
This story had a good plot with plenty of action that moved right along but I didn't like how it dealt with the issue of trust and the bad guys got away with so much. It's hard to explain further without spoiling it but it just should have been stronger. Quint is sent to fix problems with family ranch and is attracted to waitress Dallas at local cafe.
Mary
Started reading this series in the 80's. I think the last one was published just a couple of years ago. I've enjoyed them all, especially the early ones set in the old west. The newer one's are contemporary. It follows a large ranch owning family through the generations.
Lynne
Jul 26, 2007 Lynne added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all
I have read the whole series of the Calder series very well written. The first of the series start in Texas and it follows the families from the start to the finish where it ends in the modern era. Also love story but enjoyable light reading
Ginny
This is a quick read romance. I picked it up because years ago I was reading the Calder saga, that Janet Dailey has put together. I like the way she puts her characters into a situation and solves the problem.
Beth
Can only say I enjoy all the Calder storues! Times were different then!
Trey is sent to Texas to investigate CEE Bar problems & meets Dallas
Leah
This is a series by Janet Daily. It follows a family through decades and generations. It is well told and I have read it more than once.
Barb
This one is definitely a keeper. Starting off strong. Already had one twist that I wasn't expecting.
Ursula

Review: What a great book I really loved Quint and Dallas. I loved the way they worked together.
Tai Tran Quoc
Mong đợi tình tiết kết thúc hoành tráng hơn, nhưng có vẻ kết thúc của truyện cũng khá hợp lí.
Sandie
Again Janet Dailey writes a compelling book. It is a book that is difficult to put down.
The characters were good. The plot, not so much.
Marjorie
I liked all of the Calder series books.
Candy
Candy marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Angie
Angie added it
Jun 24, 2015
Marilyn
Marilyn marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Selina Chua
Selina Chua marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Susan Bussey
Susan Bussey marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca is currently reading it
Jun 11, 2015
  • Southern Comfort (Southern, #1)
  • A Texan's Honor (The Cowboys, #11)
  • The Last True Cowboy
  • Undressed (Ashton/Rosemoor, #3)
  • Garrett (McKettricks of Texas, #2; McKettricks, #12)
  • Sisters Found (Hawk's Way, #13)
  • Some Like It Sinful (Hellion's Den, #2)
  • Luke (Louisiana Gentleman #2)
Janet Anne Haradon Dailey was an American author of numerous romance novels as Janet Dailey (her married name). Her novels have been translated into nineteen languages and have sold over 300 million copies worldwide.

Born in 1944 in Storm Lake, Iowa, she attended secretarial school in Omaha, Nebraska before meeting her husband, Bill. Bill and Janet worked together in construction and land developme
More about Janet Dailey...

Calder Saga (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • This Calder Range (Calder Saga #1)
  • Stands A Calder Man (Calder Saga #2)
  • This Calder Sky (Calder Saga #3)
  • Calder Born, Calder Bred (Calder Saga #4)
  • Calder Pride (Calder Saga #5)
  • Green Calder Grass (Calder Saga #6)
  • Shifting Calder Wind (Calder Saga #7)
  • Calder Promise (Calder Saga #8)
  • Calder Storm (Calder Saga #10)
  • Santa In Montana (Calder Saga #11)
Calder Pride (Calder Saga #5) This Calder Range (Calder Saga #1) This Calder Sky (Calder Saga #3) Stands A Calder Man (Calder Saga #2) Calder Born, Calder Bred (Calder Saga #4)