Start by marking “Lone Calder Star” as Want to Read:
Lone Calder Star

Lone Calder Star (Calder Saga #9)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  447 ratings  ·  15 reviews
For more than one hundred years, the Cee Bar Ranch on the northern plains of Texas has been run by the Calder family. They might live in Montana, but their hearts are never far from the blue skies and hard-working hands at home in the Lone Star state. But now, there's trouble at the Cee Bar. The ranch has been all but abandoned, the horses left to starve, the ranch hands r ...more
Audio, 0 pages
Published July 1st 2005 by Sound Library (first published June 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Lone Calder Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lone Calder Star

MsMica
Feb 08, 2011 MsMica rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of (comparably chaste) contemporary romance
I really liked the story but I could have used a little more romance... (for someone who cut her Romance babyteeth on the likes of J.R. Ward and Sherrilyn Kenyon, mere 'intense' kisses and allusions to a night full of 'passionate lovemaking' just do not fill the bill.... if you know what I'm saying. And I think you do....;-)

I'm smitten with all things cowboy and western these days so it was right up my alley.
I have heard things (good and bad) about Janet Dailey, but I thoroughly enjoyed this qui
Dana
The Cee Bar ranch in Texas has been run by the Calders for over 100 years. So when the Calders are having difficulty keeping foremen to run the ranch, Quint is sent to investigate. Quint pretends to be a simple cowboy and as soon as he hits town everyone is warning him off the Cee Bar.

Max Rutledge and his grandson, Boone are wanting to buy the ranch at any cost. Quint be-friends "Empty" Garner and his granddaughter Dallas. Things turn very ugly and there is a suspicious fire and anthrax.

The very
John Foxjohn
Lone Star Calder was the first book I read in the Calder series, and actually, the first book I'd read by Janet Dailey. This book made me a fan of the series and her writing.

I highly recommend it.
Mary
Started reading this series in the 80's. I think the last one was published just a couple of years ago. I've enjoyed them all, especially the early ones set in the old west. The newer one's are contemporary. It follows a large ranch owning family through the generations.
Lynne
Jul 26, 2007 Lynne added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all
I have read the whole series of the Calder series very well written. The first of the series start in Texas and it follows the families from the start to the finish where it ends in the modern era. Also love story but enjoyable light reading
Ginny
This is a quick read romance. I picked it up because years ago I was reading the Calder saga, that Janet Dailey has put together. I like the way she puts her characters into a situation and solves the problem.
Beth
Can only say I enjoy all the Calder storues! Times were different then!
Trey is sent to Texas to investigate CEE Bar problems & meets Dallas
Leah
This is a series by Janet Daily. It follows a family through decades and generations. It is well told and I have read it more than once.
Barb
This one is definitely a keeper. Starting off strong. Already had one twist that I wasn't expecting.
Ursula

Review: What a great book I really loved Quint and Dallas. I loved the way they worked together.
Tai Tran Quoc
Mong đợi tình tiết kết thúc hoành tráng hơn, nhưng có vẻ kết thúc của truyện cũng khá hợp lí.
Sandie
Again Janet Dailey writes a compelling book. It is a book that is difficult to put down.
The characters were good. The plot, not so much.
Marjorie
I liked all of the Calder series books.
Dnv
Dnv marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Sherrill
Sherrill marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Marya
Marya marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
  • Southern Comfort
  • A Texan's Honor (The Cowboys, #11)
  • Garrett (McKettricks of Texas, #2)(McKettricks, #12)
  • The Last True Cowboy
  • An Unexpected Pleasure (The Mad Morelands, #4)
  • Sisters Found
  • Kentucky Sunrise (Kentucky, #3)
  • Luke (Louisiana Gentleman #2)
  • The Innocents Club
  • Lancaster Brides (Brides of Lancaster County, #1-4)
  • Reluctant Father
  • Some Like It Sinful (Hellion's Den, #2)
  • Human Capital
Janet Anne Haradon Dailey was an American author of numerous romance novels as Janet Dailey (her married name). Her novels have been translated into nineteen languages and have sold over 300 million copies worldwide.

Born in 1944 in Storm Lake, Iowa, she attended secretarial school in Omaha, Nebraska before meeting her husband, Bill. Bill and Janet worked together in construction and land developme
More about Janet Dailey...
This Calder Sky (Calder Saga #3) This Calder Range (Calder Saga #1) Calder Pride (Calder Saga #5) Stands A Calder Man (Calder Saga #2) Calder Born, Calder Bred (Calder Saga #4)