Start by marking “Super Fly Guy (Fly Guy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Super Fly Guy (Fly Guy, #2)

Super Fly Guy (Fly Guy #2)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  862 ratings  ·  94 reviews
Tedd Arnold's hilarious SUPER FLY GUY, originally published in 2006, is now available in paperback with foil on the cover!
The second book in a humorous, award-winning series about a boy and his pet fly is now available as a Level 2 reader!
Fly Guy loves the school lunchroom. But when the lunch ladies discover there's a fly in the cafeteria, chaos ensues!
Using hyperbole,
Published May 1st 2009 by Scholastic Books (first published March 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Super Fly Guy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Super Fly Guy

Erin Lynn
Super cute story, and a great book for children who are learning those Z sounds!
Ericka
Category/Genre: Easy Reader/Fiction/Humorous stories/Animal stories

Estimate age level of interest: K-3

Estimated reading level: Scholastic Reader Level 2, ~1st-2nd grade

Brief description: Fly Guy is Buzz’s new pet. One day, Fly Guy decides to go to school with Buzz. During this trip at school Fly Guy learns all about writing and drawing before creating a messy situation with the school’s cafeteria worker.

Identify two characteristics and explain how they are used in this book:
-Illustrations add de
Charles
Super Fly Guy was about a fly who would go to school with Buzz, and he was smart cause he knew how to say people's names. The book was about how he could be getting in trouble due to liking the food and garbage and dirty mops. Until he got caught in the lunch room by Roz, but she was a nice lunch lady who made good food and served the fly food for him. Until the boss fired her because there can't be flies in the lunch room while feeding the children that food. So she was fired and they hired Mis ...more
Devin
The text was pretty lame as was the entire story line. However, I could see how kids would enjoy it and think it was funny. Very flashy, attractive cover.
Nicola Mansfield
Reason for Reading: Ds read to me as his reader. Over Christmas I will have him reading some short and easy books as his mind is on other things at this time. Plus going back to some easy stuff will boost his confidence.

Our whole family loves Fly Guy! Ds has had some of the books read to him when he was younger, has read a few himself when he was struggling with this stage of reading and now read this one again with almost no problems. He was more interested in the pictures than the words which
Demetria
Super Fly Guy is a story about a fly with a sense of humor. Fly Guy loves the school lunchroom and the garbage cans, but the lunch lady's discovery of Fly Guy causes chaos. This book appeals to kids because of the slapstick situational humor. Kids love when adults are made to look silly and this is exactly what Fly Guy accomplishes. The books are written with simple sentences and some repetition for beginning readers. Fly Guy books are short as well for those who are working on longer attention ...more
Marilyn Johnson
This is a classic childrens picture book in which children can easily relate. Children across the world all face the some problem. They all have school to deal with and they all want to be the hero. FLY GUY is off to school. Will he make trouble? Or will he save the day?
April Smith
This book is good for early readers. This is a good way to show how we should treat other and helps children learn morals and respect for others.
Chelsea Kimmey
This book would be a good book for transition readers because they would relate to it because they eat lunch at school too.
Lbrown107
I have seen many students reading this book in my field placements so I decided to check it out for myself. It is a pretty cute book about a boy and his pet fly and how the fly was not allowed in the lunchroom at school. I thought that this would be an interesting way to introduce some fun facts about flies. For example, every time a fly lands on something, it eliminates waste products and that is why Fly Guy was not allowed in the lunchroom. I think kids would find this really silly but they wo ...more
Leyla
This was an audiobook. We were expecting the pages to turn. Otherwise, the book was good. Next!
Kaethe
Good choice for kids at the early reader stage, funny, silly, with amusing art.
Kim T.
Fly Guy saves the day! My kids love these books and so do I.
Ms. Landrum's Class
why did flyguy get the lunchlady fire DB
Jennifer Burgett
My four year old daughter says "Good! I love it!".
Yasuko Takatsuki
2015.1.14 298words
Elizabeth
Super Fly Guy is an Easy Reader with short "chapters." This feature is great because it makes young children eager to read chapter books feel like they are really beginning to read true chapter books. This is the story of a fly who goes to school and befriends the lunch lady. Unfortunately, this friendship ends up getting the lunch lady fired. Super Fly Guy must then figure out how he can get his friend her job back. This is a great story for beginning readers.

Title: Super Fly Guy
Author: Tedd A
midnightfaerie
My children love the fly guy series. We've read a couple now and they never fail to excite my 6 yr old and my twin 3 yr olds. I find him somewhat disgusting, but then again, I have boys, so they are still asking for more fly guy. It's also a nice break because sometimes these are on audio and I get those for them to listen to while I'm making lunch. I still read other books as well to them, but lately, these are their favorites. Arnold is quickly becoming a well-known name in our household.
Rachel
Fly Guy loves to go to school and hang out near all the gross stuff in the cafeteria. One day the lunch lady finds him, and after she discovers he is smart, she likes him. She gets fired for having flies in the cafeteria, and Fly Guy helps to get her back. There wasn't a whole lot to the story, but I thought that the pictures in this book were really fun and funny, and Fly Guy is a very lovable character from the start. This is a fun book for beginning readers.
Kathy (Kindle-aholic)
Another in the Fly Guy series - a hit at my house. The eldest has a lot of fun reading these herself and having them read to her. I got a chuckle at the cover - sparkly gold with a "Super Fly" guy. What can I say, it's the little things sometimes. :) I almost expected a little disco scene at the end, but it was just Fly Guy's adventures in the school cafeteria. Still, happy kid enjoying reading gives this one high marks for me.
Kayla
This is a cute book about a fly who makes a friend named Buzz. Fly guy goes to school with Buzz and gets one of the lunch ladies fired because he wanted to hang out in the lunch room. This is a cute story that could teach consequences and making a difference. I enjoyed the fact that the two friends worked together to come up with a plan to get the teacher back because it was the right thing to do. Great illustrations!
Kasmarine
Fly Guy went to school with Buzz. Fly Guy befriended with the lunch lady, Ross. She fed him well but the boss didn't think it was a good idea to have flies in the cafeteria. He fired her and hired Miss Muzzle. Nobody liked her food. Fly Guy came to the rescue and Ross returned.
This is an easy short chapter book- I used this to help my younger reader who is afraid of chapter book...they love it.
Sam
This book is very creative and reminds children of the imaginary friends they once had. This is a simple chapter book, but it can be exciting for children to feel like they are reading a real book. You can use this book when teaching a lesson on sanitation. This can also show how important it is to be nice to those you are around. The illustrations are great.
Candice Call
I would reccommend this book for emerging readers who want to begin reading chapter books. The words are not too difficult and there are only a few sentences on each page yet the book is divided into chapters so that the student gets the feel of reading a chapter book. The pictures in the book are closely linked to what the words on the page say.
Maggie
Fly Guy comes to the rescue when Roz, the lunch lady, gets fired.
Emorie
I didn't really see any "wow" factor in this book other than the cover was flashy. It was an okay story, and I could see why children like it. But to me, it was really nothing special. It was a simply read which helps early learners to read. I would probably use this story in my classroom, but it wouldn't be my first choice.
June
Dec 11, 2013 June rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fly Guy fans
I usually don't do easy readers for programs, but finding a restaurant(they include cafeterias) picture book for prek 3's was a bit difficult on short notice since the teachers had checked most of the out. There were some students who were familiar with Fly Guy and I figured the school cafeteria would be a familiar setting...
Scottsdale Public Library
The adventures of Buzz and his pet, Fly Guy, always make me laugh. Fly Guy, like all flies, loves icky, smelly food. So his trip to the school cafeteria is no exception. As you can imagine, this type of gross humor appeals especially to young boys and err . . . middle-aged librarians. – Paula C.
Guin
We were entertained by this book and he was excited to read a chapter book and was not frustrated by unfamiliar words. We looked at the list of other Fly Guy books on the back and will seek out these titles for more independent reading. Fun illustrations that helped with reading.
  • Biscuit's New Trick
  • I Broke My Trunk!
  • Rabbit and Robot: The Sleepover
  • Puppy Mudge Takes a Bath
  • Houndsley and Catina (Houndsley and Catina, #1)
  • Max Spaniel: Dinosaur Hunt
  • It's a Tiger!
  • Mouse and Mole, Fine Feathered Friends
  • Wink: The Ninja Who Wanted to be Noticed
  • Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road?
Tedd grew up with three brothers. His family lived on a farm in Pennsylvania for several years then returned to Elmira until Tedd was ten years old. His father's work then required that they move to Gainesville, Florida. There, Tedd's first art lessons in an abandoned dentist's office over the Happy Hour pool hall eventually led to a fine arts degree from the University of Florida.

He and his wife,
More about Tedd Arnold...

Fly Guy (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Hi! Fly Guy (Fly Guy, #1)
  • Shoo, Fly Guy! (Fly Guy, #3)
  • There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Fly Guy (Fly Guy, #4)
  • Fly High, Fly Guy! (Fly Guy, #5)
  • Hooray For Fly Guy! (Fly Guy, #6)
  • I Spy Fly Guy! (Fly Guy, #7)
  • Fly Guy Meets Fly Girl (Fly Guy, #8)
  • Buzz Boy And Fly Guy (Fly Guy, #9)
  • Fly Guy vs. the Flyswatter! (Fly Guy, #10)
  • Ride, Fly Guy, Ride! (Fly Guy, #11)
Parts (Parts, #1) Hi! Fly Guy (Fly Guy, #1) More Parts (Parts, #2) There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Fly Guy (Fly Guy, #4) Shoo, Fly Guy! (Fly Guy, #3)