Miranda : Jangan Ambil Nyawaku (Cloning Miranda)

Miranda : Jangan Ambil Nyawaku (Clone #1)

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  244 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Semua terbalik-balik. Semua yang kupikir benar ternyata dusta. Kupikir, orangtuaku adalah orang-orang rasional dan menekankan kejujuran di atas segalanya. Mereka memang jujur dalam setiap hal-hal kecil, tapi ternyata bohong tentang hal paling besar: kehidupanku. Seperti tokoh Prospero dari cerita The Tempest yang melakukan sihir demi putrinya. Itulah yang dilakukan Ibu dan...more
Published 2003 by Mizan Pustaka (first published December 17th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Miranda , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miranda

Cogito_ergo_sum
Cloning Miranda contains a great plot (some might say adventurous), and the character goes through a life changing emotional ordeal. The revolving themes in this book pertain to ethics in the scientific community (mostly, and from what I can remember). In terms of character development, I wouldn't say that it was a significant change(speaking from memory).

I admit, I did read the book thoroughly when I was 12, but from what I remember of how I felt about it, I really liked it. I do remember the...more
Insomnia

Because this wasn't too long (86 pages) it wasn't too unpleasant to read. But still the solution feels a little ridiculous. Why would someone let anyone perform surgery on him to look like 10 years ago just to look less suspicious if he's having a ten year old child at the age of 55?

I like the message that your fate is not destined and you can choose yourself what you do (but the character 'Emma' said, she adapted the speech from a Stark Trek episode).
It was an o.k.-read.
PurplyCookie
Miranda has it all: beauty, brains, talent, perfect health. Then one day her vision gets a little blurry--and the doctor tells her it's the first symptom of a fatal genetic disease.

Her parents are prepared to fight for her life with everything they have: wealth, connections, determination. But how far would they actually go to keep their perfect daughter?

Miranda didn't lose her life or her sight, instead she'll begin to see things about her parents--in fact, about her entire life--that will sho...more
Annie
Ich denke das ist eines der wenigen Bücher von denen ich abraten würde sie zu lesen. Allein der Titel "Buch" ist für das Ding ein Witz. Gerade mal 100 Seiten kann man nicht als Buch beschreiben.
Durch das "Buch" ist hindurchgehetzt. Man bekommt keinen Einblick in die Gefühle von Miranda.. eine richtige Story ist nicht zu finden. Ich habe am Anfang auch nicht viel erwartet.. alleine dadurch, weil wir es in der Schule lesen mussten und bei 100 Seiten kann ich nicht an ein buch denken, welches mich...more
Rachelccameron
Reads quite juvenile. Her narration is stilted and too formal. The way she referred to her parents was odd
Brit
I read this book several times when I was growing up. A really great sci-fi for young girls.
Katie
An interesting book about how a girl gets sick and when her parents have to transplant her liver, she realizes that she has a clone. It's one of those books that when u look at the cover, you think cheesy horror novel, but you will actually be surprised that when you start reading it, you will like it and realize that it's not some cheesy book, but actually a very un-cheesy novel that ends up being gripping and entertaining.
Yudith Fabiola
Asyik juga ide ceritanya. Tapi, menurut saya masih bisa dikembangkan. Novel untuk remaja yang agak bingung dimasukkan ke genre apa. Genre Sci-fi tidak terlalu cocok karena pemaparan tentang science dan hal-hal ilmiah tidak mendalam. Lebih asyik membaca novel sci-fi karya penulis Indonesia seperti Tria Barmawi dengan Lost In Teleporter atau NSJ 2122 Mumi Legenda dan sekuelnya.
Samina Sultana
A thrilling book with long kept secrets. Miranda is a normal girl who becomes ill and eventually finds out she may not be human but a clone of her parents' creation and she isn't the first, or the last.
This book was a great read. I definitely recommend it. There is mystery and the plot kept me guessing the truth for a bit.
Ica Surjo
Entah mengapa saya sangat suka novel ini. Dalam terjemahan Bahasa Indonesia novel ini berjudul "MIRANDA Jangan Ambil Nyawaku". Ceritanya nggak jauh beda dengan film "The Island" yang bercerita tentang cloning manusia.
Jessie
I really liked this one. I read through it very quickly.
Kim Faendrich
nice story line and quite creative subject
Vhie Izumi
Vhie Izumi marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Roseanne
Roseanne marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Amy added it
Jun 17, 2014
  • Of Sound Mind
  • The Hollow Tree
  • My Anastasia (Beneath the Crown, #3)
  • The Towers Of February: A Diary By An Anonymous (For The Time Being) Author With Added Punctuation And Footnotes
  • A Handful of Time
  • Shiloh Season (Shiloh, #2)
  • The Family from One End Street: And Some of Their Adventures
  • Spirit Seeker
  • Wizard at Work
  • Stowaway to the Mushroom Planet (Mushroom Planet, #2)
  • The Twelve Dancing Princesses
  • Tree by Leaf
  • The Garbage King
  • Time Windows
  • Tweaked
  • The Fire-Eaters
  • Truth (Chasing Yesterday, #3)
  • The Discovery (Dive, #1)
Daniel's Story Of Two Minds (Minds, #1) More Minds (Minds, #2) After the War Footsteps in the Snow: The Red River Diary of Isobel Scott