Start by marking “Miranda : Jangan Ambil Nyawaku (Cloning Miranda)” as Want to Read:
Miranda : Jangan Ambil Nyawaku (Cloning Miranda)

Miranda : Jangan Ambil Nyawaku (Clone #1)

3.36 of 5 stars 3.36  ·  rating details  ·  267 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Semua terbalik-balik. Semua yang kupikir benar ternyata dusta. Kupikir, orangtuaku adalah orang-orang rasional dan menekankan kejujuran di atas segalanya. Mereka memang jujur dalam setiap hal-hal kecil, tapi ternyata bohong tentang hal paling besar: kehidupanku. Seperti tokoh Prospero dari cerita The Tempest yang melakukan sihir demi putrinya. Itulah yang dilakukan Ibu dan ...more
Published 2003 by Mizan Pustaka (first published December 17th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Miranda , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miranda

Cogito_ergo_sum
Cloning Miranda contains a great plot (some might say adventurous), and the character goes through a life changing emotional ordeal. The revolving themes in this book pertain to ethics in the scientific community (mostly, and from what I can remember). In terms of character development, I wouldn't say that it was a significant change(speaking from memory).

I admit, I did read the book thoroughly when I was 12, but from what I remember of how I felt about it, I really liked it. I do remember the
Insomnia

Because this wasn't too long (86 pages) it wasn't too unpleasant to read. But still the solution feels a little ridiculous. Why would someone let anyone perform surgery on him to look like 10 years ago just to look less suspicious if he's having a ten year old child at the age of 55?

I like the message that your fate is not destined and you can choose yourself what you do (but the character 'Emma' said, she adapted the speech from a Stark Trek episode).
It was an o.k.-read.
PurplyCookie
Miranda has it all: beauty, brains, talent, perfect health. Then one day her vision gets a little blurry--and the doctor tells her it's the first symptom of a fatal genetic disease.

Her parents are prepared to fight for her life with everything they have: wealth, connections, determination. But how far would they actually go to keep their perfect daughter?

Miranda didn't lose her life or her sight, instead she'll begin to see things about her parents--in fact, about her entire life--that will sho
Annie
Ich denke das ist eines der wenigen Bücher von denen ich abraten würde sie zu lesen. Allein der Titel "Buch" ist für das Ding ein Witz. Gerade mal 100 Seiten kann man nicht als Buch beschreiben.
Durch das "Buch" ist hindurchgehetzt. Man bekommt keinen Einblick in die Gefühle von Miranda.. eine richtige Story ist nicht zu finden. Ich habe am Anfang auch nicht viel erwartet.. alleine dadurch, weil wir es in der Schule lesen mussten und bei 100 Seiten kann ich nicht an ein buch denken, welches mich
Rachelccameron
Reads quite juvenile. Her narration is stilted and too formal. The way she referred to her parents was odd
Brit
I read this book several times when I was growing up. A really great sci-fi for young girls.
Aj Keating
This book was an amazing book I really would like it if they made a movie
Katie
An interesting book about how a girl gets sick and when her parents have to transplant her liver, she realizes that she has a clone. It's one of those books that when u look at the cover, you think cheesy horror novel, but you will actually be surprised that when you start reading it, you will like it and realize that it's not some cheesy book, but actually a very un-cheesy novel that ends up being gripping and entertaining.
Samina Sultana
A thrilling book with long kept secrets. Miranda is a normal girl who becomes ill and eventually finds out she may not be human but a clone of her parents' creation and she isn't the first, or the last.
This book was a great read. I definitely recommend it. There is mystery and the plot kept me guessing the truth for a bit.
Ica Surjo
Entah mengapa saya sangat suka novel ini. Dalam terjemahan Bahasa Indonesia novel ini berjudul "MIRANDA Jangan Ambil Nyawaku". Ceritanya nggak jauh beda dengan film "The Island" yang bercerita tentang cloning manusia.
Jessie
I really liked this one. I read through it very quickly.
Kim Faendrich
nice story line and quite creative subject
Felochiagmail.Com
Felochiagmail.Com marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Leonard
Leonard marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Aj Keating
Aj Keating marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Zepe
Zepe added it
Jun 09, 2015
Samuel Lizotte
Samuel Lizotte marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
  • The Double Life of Zoe Flynn
  • Not a Trace (Chloe & Levesque, #7)
  • Of Sound Mind
  • The Hollow Tree
  • Willow and Twig
  • Mark of the Succubus, vol. 1 (Mark of the Succubus, #1)
  • Trials for the Chalet School (The Chalet School, #45)
  • Angeline
  • Transformers: The Ultimate Guide
  • Slavecraft: Roadmaps for Erotic Servitude, Principles, Skills and Tools
  • Zapped in Space (Give Yourself Goosebumps, #23)
  • The Towers Of February: A Diary By An Anonymous (For The Time Being) Author With Added Punctuation And Footnotes
  • The Story Girl Earns Her Name (Road to Avonlea, #2)
  • Karen's Mermaid (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #52)
  • Time Spiral (Magic: The Gathering: Time Spiral Cycle, #1)
  • Brother Termite
  • Codex Magica: Secret Signs, Mysterious Symbols, and Hidden Codes of the Illuminati
  • Spirit Seeker

Clone (3 books)
  • The Second Clone (Clone, #2)
  • The Dark Clone (Clone, #3)
Daniel's Story Of Two Minds (Minds, #1) After the War More Minds (Minds, #2) Footsteps in the Snow: The Red River Diary of Isobel Scott