Start by marking “The Zombie Zone (A to Z Mysteries, #26)” as Want to Read:
The Zombie Zone (A to Z Mysteries, #26)

The Zombie Zone (A to Z Mysteries #26)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  835 ratings  ·  42 reviews
Don't miss A to Z Mysteries--alphabetic adventures that are full of thrills, chills, and cases to crack!
"Z" is for "ZOMBIE" . . .
In the final book of the A to Z Mysteries--an early chapter book mystery series featuring strong boy and girl characters--Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose are excited to vacation in the Louisiana bayou country. But the small village they visit has a
Published April 26th 2005 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Zombie Zone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Zombie Zone

The Book Thief by Markus ZusakThe Kite Runner by Khaled HosseiniHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingA Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled HosseiniCutting Right to the Chase Vol.2, by Stefania Mattana
Books That I Rated "5 Stars"
44th out of 397 books — 51 voters
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingJ.R.R. Tolkien 4-Book Boxed Set by J.R.R. TolkienCan You Mend It? by Billy Wood-SmithThe Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas AdamsAngels & Demons by Dan Brown
Third person fiction
122nd out of 213 books — 24 voters

More lists with this book...

Amy
My niece enjoys these A to Z Mysteries by Ron Roy, so we decided to try reading a few in anticipation of Halloween.

My niece said that she enjoyed Zombie Zone and said that it was pretty scary. At first I didn't think that she was going to really care much for this story because she seemed to have a hard time tuning in. As the story grew, however, the book had her full attention and she began attempting to solve the mystery. She was paying attention to the clues, making deductions, and using logi
Kathleen
Ugg. Sometimes it's hard having a third grader. he loves to read which I'm so thankful for but some of these chapter books are killing me. I say how about you read that one to yourself and he says to me " mom I need to practice voice and fluency". ummm ok
Abigail
Do the zombies really come out at night or is someone pranking the town?
Pizza_Food :)
beware of zombie because they will kll you if you don't.
Sierra
I LEARNED NOTHING!!!! YAY!!!!
luhvBOOKS
Title: The Zombie Zone

Author: Ron Roy

Series: A to Z Mysteries #26

Rating: ★★★★

Summary: Z is for zombie... Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose are excited to vacation in the Louisiana bayou. But the small village they visit has a scary problem. The villagers tell stories of voodoo and a giant zombie with silver hair who has been digging up graves in the cemetery. Can the the tales be true? It’s up to Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose to unearth the secrets of the zombie zone.

Review: Ooooo, scary! I love it!

Things I
Marlee
My children enjoyed this book and were fully captivated while we were reading it. However, the ending seemed a bit abrupt to them. Many of the books in this series ended somewhat abruptly. They had been hoping for something more though, as it was the last letter book. They were excited to continue on with the other books about Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose.
Dolly
Dec 29, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
At the end of this book, the author mentions that he was trying to go for a scary book this time, but not too scary. He succeeded, but this story has a much different feel than most of the others in the series. It's an interesting look at some of the more rural areas surrounding New Orleans, but there's not much discussion about the city, the culture, or the French influence on it.

Our girls enjoyed hearing the story, especially toward the end, but it wasn't their favorite of the A to Z Mysterie
Brigida
Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose are excited to be taking a vacation. Their destination is the Louisiana Bayou. Upon their arrival, Jack takes them on a hike and they encounter a sign saying "Danger! Zombie Zone." No one knows who or how it got there but they think it's a hoax. Yet, when they hear the villagers talking about zombies digging up graves and stories about voodoo, their curiousity gets the best of them and they investigate. Can they crack the case before it is too late? Read to find out!

Int
Rowlak5
My 2nd graders liked this A to Z mystery the best so far! I was a bit hesitant b/c it seemed scary talking about zombies and grave robbing but we established there was no such thing as zombies before we began. Whenever we had our reading time with this one the students would say "it is time to get zombified!" and they wanted lights off so we read by sunlight only :) It was also fun to tie in bayous with our science study of habitats. Love Ron Roy!
Lisadunbar22
I thought this book was awesome! My favorite part was when they found out there was no zombie. Review by Evan.

It was crazy that Jack took the kids to see an alligator nest hours after his first child was born. I had to explain to Evan that no decent father would leave his new born baby and wife. Evan said it would be even worse if he took his new born baby to see the alligator nest! HA!
Clio
Its really exciitng
Khadeejah
i hv read all the books from a-z snd i loved them!!they were nice and to tell u the truth.....this story was actually scary!i would recommend it to all those young readers who love mystries!!!
Sherry
THE ZOMBIE ZONE

I LIKED THIS ONE A LITTLE BETTER THAN THE OTHER ONES BECAUSE IT WAS MORE INSPIRING TO ME BECAUSE IT WAS MORE SPOOKY. IT WAS ABOUT A ZOMBIE WHO HAS SIVERY GRAYISH HAIR WHOM THE VILLAGERS THINK ROBBED 2 GRAVES AND PUT UP A SIGN THAT SAID
DANGER! ZOMBIE ZONE. TO FIND OUT WHAT IT END LIKE YOU HAVE TO READ IT!!!!!!!

JOSH
AGE9
Lara
I liked it because they thought there was a zombie but there was no zombie. And there were three suspects, and one was their friend, Jack. And there was one from the woods. And there was a cemetery. And one of the suspects was the real person.
Sydney
when dink and his friends are excited to go to louisana and people are talking about this zombie with silver hair and is digging up graves dink and his friends are on the case to find out who is the zombie with the silver hair.
Brenda
This was a fun story, little spooky and creepy, but fun. One reason I love Ron Roy's books is because you get to be a kid again when reading them. I am definitely going to get more of his books in the very near future.
Lindsay
My 5 year old son loved to listen to this book. The mystery was simple enough for him to follow easily, and the book was short enough to be read in just 2 or 3 sittings. Loved it for him.
Julia
I loved the book it was Sooo awesome. I recommend this for people that like mysteries. I'm not gonna say what it is about because i want everybody to read it! =)
Sara
It was just a guy who was grave robbing and scaring people away so he won't get caught. He didn't succeed. I recommend this book to those that love mysteries.
Margot
I thought it was pretty cool because there were graves that were being robbed by a little town and a sign that looked like it was painted with blood.
Karen
This series was great for early readers! Dink, Josh & Ruth Rose have many adventures that this age group are interested in, but a bit unbelievable...
Rachelle Piatek
Wasn't my favorite A-Z book but my boys are into them....takes a while to get to the mystery but its fun to see my sons guess who done it
Kathy Lamonica
This book was awesome it was about a wite
wolf I have read allot of a to z mysteries Ron Roy is such a good author I LOVE THESE BOOKS
Misty
We like the books in this series, The A to Z Mysteries. They are interesting and not too scary. And there are 26 of them!
Sage (the Mage)
When I was a little girl in the 1st grade I loved these books so... i feel they deserved a place in my shelves.
Anica
I love this book because I love mysterie books my favorite part was when Josh,dink and rose saw a zombie
Catherine
Max read all 26 books in this series and really enjoyed them. Now we need to find a replacement.
  • The Case of Hermie the Missing Hamster (Jigsaw Jones Mystery #1)
  • The Scary Snake Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #17)
  • Nate the Great and the Mushy Valentine
  • Homework Hassles (Ready, Freddy!, #3)
  • Dark Day in the Deep Sea (Magic Tree House, #39)
  • Pony Problems (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #3)
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...
The Absent Author (A to Z Mysteries, #1) The Bald Bandit (A to Z Mysteries, #2) The Invisible Island (A to Z Mysteries, #9) The Canary Caper (A to Z Mysteries, #3) The Empty Envelope (A to Z Mysteries, #5)