The Celestine Vision: Living the New Spiritual Awareness

The Celestine Vision: Living the New Spiritual Awareness

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  3,113 ratings  ·  43 reviews
A Wonderful New Addition to the Vision that Began with the Celestine Prophecy... When James Redfield wrote The Celestine Prophecy and The Tenth Insight, he crystallized a new spiritual vision for millions of people around the globe. Since then people have been gathering together to discuss how spiritual experiences have touched their lives and to explore the global renaiss...more
Published November 1st 1999 by Grand Central Publishing (first published January 1st 1997)

Flavio Guell Casalvolone
This book delves into the emerging approach to spirituality that humankind is currently living and proves that those mystical experiences that were once laughed at can now be explained by science and are more ubiquitous than before. Synchronicity, the power of being in the present, premonitions, gut-feelings and intuitive behavior are just one of the few spiritual experiences Redfield explores. Not only science has been able to testify these are not the happenings of fools or dishonest hawkers b...more
Michiko
I just finished reading this book today. It was given to me by a good friend of mine at just the right time, when I needed spiritual guidance the most. This book went with me wherever I went for a week. Any free time I had I was reading. Listening. Learning. Highlighting. Applying. It has truly changed my life and made me learn more about myself than I ever thought I could in such a short amount of time. James Redfield gave me the back the knowledge of what I already knew, but forgotten along th...more
Madeline Ellis
Mar 13, 2008 Madeline Ellis rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people looking to learn about themselves in a new way
Recommended to Madeline by: a lady at a garage sale
Shelves: spirtual
i read this book on the big montana road trip and what a great companion book on a trip like that. basically they take the celestine prophecy book and turn it into a guide for how to live. may sound strange for it to be from a fiction book but i got so much out of it. it asks you tons of questions and forces you to look at your life, childhood and future and all in a totally fresh perspective. for example it asks you at one point to pretend that you are a fetus about to pick parents and to list...more
Magnus Itland
Another leftover from my bookshelf of the 20th century. A companion book to some fiction that I have never read, I still enjoyed it thoroughly at the time. But the boundless optimism and the feeling that we were about to enter a bright new future came to a screeching halt on 9/11 2001, and I think anyone reading it today will feel a little wistful. That said, it is less superstitious than most New Age books, and the pseudoscience is mixed with portions of useful wisdom. Compared to the "get rich...more
Shelly K
Although I thoroughly enjoyed this book, it just compliments the original celestine prophecy. That is my all time favorite. If you are looking for more after that book I highly recommend this along with the 10th insight.
Rachel
Very good...but The Celestine Prophecy is still by far the best!
Linda Zunialvi
(buku yang kubeli tahun 2008, dan baru punya niat baca sekarang.)

Ini sama sekali bukan novel. Buku ini adalah buku tentang pengembangan spiritual. Pemahaman akan hidup yang memiliki visi dan misi. Kita dituntun untuk mengenal diri kita, menarik lebih banyak perhatian ke lingkungan di sekitar kita, dan berhubungan dengan orang lain.

Ini adalah buku terberat yang pernah aku baca. Bahkan, masih lebih asyik membaca buku Matematika dan Biologi. Meskipun demikian, ada beberapa bagian yang aku suka dala...more
Aug 30, 2010 Jennifer rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: meghan dunn, beth dunn, jenny dunn, berni dunn
so far, I am obsessed with this book. my mom has been pushing me to read it for YEARS now, and I thought I wouldn't be into it since it sounded wishy-washy spiritual-ish. However, it has given me great insight into the energies of others, as well as myself. This book also talks about "coincidences" and how positive thinking really controls your health, like blood pressure. Pretty fascinating stuff.

Now that I finished, there are definitely parts you can scan/skip based on your interest and needs....more
Tina
This book was exactly what I was looking for: it explains what the insights of the Celestine Prophecy is in more detail. His vision of the future is amazing and how I wish it would all come true! However I wish he had a section on the changing roles of males and females in the new world vision. Since we are actually moving into the feminine now, it would help to have some discussion and guidance on this. He touches on this a little on his section of romantic relationships but not nearly enough.
Kevin Orth
Life transforming. The trilogy is a must read for everyone.
Monica
Con lo que me gustan los libros con filosofía, lecciones de vida aplicables y mensaje...y éste un palo!
Aún recuerdo en qué página lo dejé (en la 100), y seguramente todavía tengo el marcador ahí.
El problema de la novela es que a pesar de ser interesante el planteamiento, se torna sumamente repetitivo. Por ejemplo, por cada revelación se la explican tres o cuatro veces( ...hola? emmm, yo con una tengo suficiente- y todo el mundo- ni que te estuviesen dando a devorar una auténtico galimatias..).

U...more
Joshua Kotzin
For those wishing to dive deeper into the insights buried with the fictional series. This book adds a whole new dimension of understanding as you place limits on your own perspective, diving deeper into your own inner psyche and what forms your personality, finding practical uses for these insights. Also, expands such insights to a global consciousness.. from understanding where we've come from and where we've been the last 200 years or so to the vision itself.. where we will be in the future.
If you've read the Celestine Prophecy and the sequels I'm not sure if you really need to r read this book. There were a couple interesting chapters but I think the subject matter is a repeat of the story he created with the Celestine Prophecy, only in non story mode. If you like 'guide' books then maybe this will interest you. I would say just read the series and you will get a better feel for the subject matter and skip this book.
Ангѣлъ
Тази книга всъщност не е художествена. В нея са разгледани и обяснени всички десет селестински откровения, извадени от контекста на литературната история. За мен беше излишна, след прочита на първите две, първо, защото всичко това беше прясно в главата ми и, второ, защото в типичен американски стил, 9/10 от текста е излишно разводняване.
Kenia Perez
The fiction novel, The Celestine Prophecy, does more justice to this new concept of spiritual awareness, energy, and growth, than this non-fiction telling. While the Celestine Vision is a good road map to the philosophy and ideas that this author believes in, it doesn't catch one's interest nearly as well.
Wilderquill
To me this is the book you should read if you're interested in what Redfield is getting at with the whole "Insight" series. Redfield gives you the reasons behind his writings, deeper understandings of the Insights, and excercises. Worth the read for those wanting to deepen their experiences.
totalwitch
having been a practicing pagan for years now and someone who studied psychology and development, most of the stuff in this book is already familiar,not ground breaking to me. For someone new to the concepts it covers its a good starting point.
Faythe Swanson
Very similar to "The Celestine Prophecy: An Experiential Guide". Seemed like more of the same, repetitive stuff & didn't quite care for the political stuff towards the end of the book. Some of the chapters didn't interest me, either.
Acacia
It's an informative book for those who are starting the ascension process. A great book of validation for those already seeing this in action. Just confirms a lot of what I have already began to do on my own spiritual path.
Snorre Fjellvang
Although an extremely poorly written book, it has manny insights and views on things that for me helped me look on the interaction and things in the world in a new light.
Intresing concept.
Joelle Socransky
I was hooked on the first edition and wanted to continue the insight... However I reached my limit and was left thinking I should of stopped at the first book!
Rebecca
This book was one of the main factors that helped me realize that I am an atheist and not an anti-christian. I just couldn't wait to be done with it.
Bryan Richard
A fascinating book to be sure, about things I never really even thought about before. I will definitely be reading more books by James Redfield.
Hex
An interesting read and a chance to further explore the perspectives of the author, however, I prefer the fictional adventure series.
Alexander
A little more information about the vision promoted by the author of Celestine Prophesies, as well as how the book was written.
Frances
putting this one on hold, it's seemingly more about Einstein and the great thinkers and kinda losing me... I'll admit it.
Wendy Gumera
It tickled my imagination, just like James Redfield's 2 other books before it. Hope I would continue to be inspired.
Katie
Nov 27, 2011 Katie rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2003
New Age how-to mumbo jumbo. Okay, maybe there is some useful advice wrapped up in all the blather...
A.J. Aaron
The historic and scientific background of our current planetary awakening and how we can grow in it.
Diannsdenny
Great inspiration book about why we are here and our own individual purpose.
  • Out on a Limb
  • Living in the Light: A Guide to Personal and Planetary Transformation
  • Friendship with God: An Uncommon Dialogue
  • Edgar Cayce: The Sleeping Prophet
  • One Last Time
  • Soul Stories
  • Same Soul, Many Bodies: Discover the Healing Power of Future Lives through Progression Therapy
  • Talking to Heaven: A Medium's Message of Life After Death
  • Saved by the Light: The True Story of a Man Who Died Twice and the Profound Revelations He Received
  • Quantum Healing: Exploring the Frontiers of Mind Body Medicine
  • There is a River: The Story of Edgar Cayce
  • Destiny of Souls: New Case Studies of Life Between Lives
  • Manifest Your Destiny
  • Many Mansions: The Edgar Cayce Story on Reincarnation
  • Hands Of Light
  • Bringers of the Dawn: Teachings from the Pleiadians
  • Why People Don't Heal and How They Can: A Practical Programme for Healing Body, Mind and Spirit
  • Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior
James Redfield is the author of The Celestine Prophecy and The Tenth Insight. He writes widely on the topic of human spiritual awareness and is active in the worldwide effort to save our last remaining wilderness areas. James lives with his wife, Salle, and cat, Meredith, in Alabama and Arizona.

More about James Redfield...
The Celestine Prophecy (Celestine Prophecy, #1) The Tenth Insight: Holding the Vision (Celestine Prophecy, #2) The Secret of Shambhala: In Search of the Eleventh Insight (Celestine Prophecy, #3) The Celestine Prophecy: A Pocket Guide to the Nine Insights The Celestine Prophecy: AN EXPERIENTIAL GUIDE