Start by marking “The Secret of Shambhala: In Search of the Eleventh Insight (Celestine Prophecy, #3)” as Want to Read:

The Secret of Shambhala: In Search of the Eleventh Insight (Celestine Prophecy #3)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  3,005 ratings  ·  106 reviews
Continuing the exciting adventures of The Celestine Prophecy and The Tenth Insight, this new book takes you to the snow-covered Himalayas, in search of the legendary Tibetan utopia of Shambhala. As you follow a child's instructions, are pursued by hostile Chinese agents, and look for a lost friend, you will experience a new awareness of synchronicity...and discover, hidden ...more
Published November 1st 2001 by Grand Central Publishing (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Secret of Shambhala, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret of Shambhala

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsVampire Academy by Richelle MeadCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareCity of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Best Books Ever.... Young Adult
173rd out of 391 books — 469 voters
The Secrets of Heavenly by Teresa RobisonLeviathan by Charbel TadrosLeviathan by Charbel TadrosWhen the Spirit Speaks by Charbel TadrosThe Destined Journey by Charbel Tadros
Initiation to Magick
7th out of 28 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Jess
I read this book when I first moved to Sacramento from San Francisco and was going through some major changes in my life. The authors intentions are clear throughout the Celestine Prophecy series: the world is in your hands, you can make of it what you please, the world is a wonderful place, and life is to short for negative thoughts.
Carrie
Let me start by saying that I loved The Celestine Prophesy. It's one of my favorite books of all time. I love how it talks about human relationships and interactions. Even though it's all presented in a very spiritual way, I also found it very relatable on a personal level.

I didn't understand the second book at all, since it felt so esoteric and there was nothing in it that I could relate to. I'd put this third book somewhere in the middle. In it our hero goes to Tibet, on a quest for the mythic
Susie
Jun 08, 2008 Susie added it
This book was a fairly easy read and pretty enjoyable. I did appreciate the insight into the situation with Tibet/China as well. While I don't buy into the whole "one day we'll all be vibrating at the highest level" thing I do think he makes some good points and I like the idea of setting positive intentions, being on the lookout for "coincidences" and sending out positive energy.

It has been a while since I read "The Celestine Prophecy" and "The Tenth Insight" but I seem to remember that I real
Jordan
Redfield's books are to spiritual seekers what the romance novel is to single women. They're so fun to read, even if they're a little over the top.

This one is infinitely better than the 10th Insight. I love the idea of the prayer field, although I don't care for the terminology, and how we must deal with our negative emotions or else we'll be running into our projections of them all over the "real world." The idea of paradise presented in this novel is exciting, creative, and inspiring. That al
Devika Koppikar
Of the three Celestine Prophesy series, I liked this best.... because it told of an ideal spiritual society. To me, it was a glimpse of spiritual potential, even if this is a fiction book. Since reading this book, I've had a fascination with Tibet, prayer flags, the Himalayas. Too bad Redfield won't have a sequel to until early 2011 next year...it is about time!
Acacia
This book gives a lot of insight into how we as individuals are responsible for our own energy and how it affects others. A look at the world's situation now and how it could change into something much greater whe we each learn compassion and look for the highest good in each other.
Flower
This is the best one of the series of 3. Very spiritual in a differnt sort of way. I don't know if you would call it new age or no, but maybe. Really interesting ideas even though of the 3 this on is the most far out for sure.
Kalyani Chandrasekar
This is a quite interesting book. This book deals more with synchronicity and energy extension. Beauty of Tibet and Himalayan regions has been wonderfully described. The most interesting part is the temples in Shambala. The American man, Yin and Tashi are wonderful characters. Their view of the Outer Worlds from the Shambala is simply wonderful. The current state of the Outer worlds and the limitations are revealed. However, questions like what made Dakinis to help people are unexplained. This i ...more
William Asiata
Why I read it:
My interest in themes of spiritual import has lead me to read the Celestine Prophecy series. I am very interested in understanding the design of the universe, and aligning my energies towards achieving the greatest, most attractive and pivotal outcomes that my life is capable of fulfilling. This book is an excellent tool for helping to conceptualise an ideal, appropriate, and attractive story of my life.

How it is written:
The novel is an adventure story that follows a man as he leav
Dani Noviandi

gw cuma ngerate buku ini 2/5...bukan, bukan gara2 buku ini jelek, buku ini bagus kok, tapi terlalu rumit, mungkin otak gw gak nyampe, sialnya buku ini layaknya obat tidur buat gw, baru baca sebentar udah bikin ngantuk dan mengawang2, kadang2 saking sampai ketidurannya, kata2 yg gw berhasil baca kok gak sama ama yg tertulis di bukunya..dan hebatnya lagi, baru dibaca beberapa saat, sebentar kemudian gw udah lupa isinya :hammer:

enough curhatnya...

so, garis besar buku ini terjadi di Tibet, berbeda d
Breakdown
Gail Testa
I read the Celestine Prophecy many years ago and loved it. Then I read the 10th insight, the follow-up to his original book and didn't care for it. It was like another person had written it. I saw that he has a new book out, the 12th Prophecy, and it seemed to be getting some ok reviews, so I decided to give the 11th Prophecy, otherwise known as "The Secret of Shambhala" a try (written after the 10th Prophecy). Not too far into it, but already it's more interesting that the last one.

Each of his
A. Gulden
"You will learn that at these higher levels of energy, our fields of prayer act very quickly to bring to us exactly what we expect. If we fear, it brings to us what we fear. If we hate, it brings us more of what we hate."

"You see, the energy fields of all of us mix together out there, and the strongest ones prevail. That’s the unconscious dynamic that characterizes the human world. The state of our energy, our prevailing expectations, no matter what they are, go out and influence everyone else’s
Andrew
Kelly O'Dowd
Better than the second.
Less GOD like. (if that makes sense)

There are things that made a lot of sense, but then (like all new age books like this that I read) there's this flaw, like. "Are you shitting me. You can't be really writing this can you?" Thankfully, there was less of that in the book.
Nektarios Kalogirou
Καλό βιβλίο, καλογραμμένο, με καλά μηνύματα για τον τρόπο που ο κάθε ένας αντιλαμβάνεται την καθημερινότητα. Εχει μερικά πολύ καλά σημεία που αναφέρονται κυρίως στον τρόπο ποιοτικής αναβάθμισης της ζωής μας, τα οποία μάλιστα τα δίνει μ' έναν αρκετά έξυπνο και μυθιστορηματικό τρόπο.
Αξίζει τον κόπο να διαβαστεί, με μυαλό και καρδιά ανοικτή.
Rivqah
This book contains some awesome ideas about the power of our minds being much more than we think it is...energy that actually extends beyond what most people think they are (the body, rather than the True Self, the Mindstream). The Buddha said that "we create our reality with our thoughts" and this book elaborates on that, discussing how we can learn to turn the world towards a higher plane using thoughts focused on positivity. Although it is couched in a fictional setting, the ideas are from th ...more
Original Doll (Lea Martinuš)
Not so interesting for me as The Celestine Prophecy.
The book is constantly repeating parts of the first book and it drived me crazy. Like he wrote same book twice but this time act is taking place in another country, and I must admit that adventure of traveling was better in first part, too. (although it's really not bad)
Also, there are 10 insights in The Celestine Prophecy so book is full of new knowledges, witch are repeated in this book and the eleventh insight is explained about 50 times bec
Vicky
When we look out at others and make judgements, thinking that they are fat or thin or underachieved or ugly or poorly dressed, we actually send our energy out at these people and they often begin to think bad thoughts about themselves. We are engaging in what can only be called the energy of evil. It is the contagion of negative prayer. Of course we have to see things the way they are, but after that we must immediately shift our expectations from 'what is' to 'what could be'.

Humans can find an
Todd Reiser
This is not meant to be great fiction, Redfield merely tries to divulge his ideas via fiction in order to make them more palatable. He does a decent job of describing his ideas of Intention..which he calls prayer fields. The last few chapters drag and most of the story is pretty boring. Redfield doesn't challenge his characters in any of his fiction, they just meander along from incident to incident, and because of this they never feel real. I always take away a few good thoughts from Redfields ...more
Jerri Lincoln
I read a library copy . . . I need to purchase the book and start underlining.
TOTO from Kansas
Good read and a wonderful sequel to the Celestine Prophecy,
Christine
Another great book of his, as he continues on yet another journey to find the Secrets of Shambhala. This book was interesting to read, and think about, as the author talks about holding our energy fields and obtaining energy from the source, especially to handle tricky situations, and hints at supernatural elements of life that come to assist us in our time of need. I found this book to be quite interesting, though I have to admit not as moving as the other two, but still a good book to read if ...more
Nicola
I liked it a lot. Lots of great ideas and thoughts about energy and how we affect our environment and life paths. Something that i am curious about.
Sad to say though that 15 years later Tibet is not saved as predicted! and the world religions seem to have grown further apart and further consumed with hate for one another. Materialism has even greater appeal and power.
Has the new age energy been hijacked?! Maybe been tricked by great advertising campaigns and must have products from the likes of
Arlene
I really wanted to like this book. If you have read either of the first 2 books by this author, this is more of the same. Same 'hero', chosen for a spiritual mission against all credibility, fighting the oppressive military regime of whatever country in which this adventure occurs. This time it is Tibet. As usual, the hero has feet of clay, and continues to fail miserably repeatedly.

It is predictable, preachy, badly written and boring. And yet, every time I read one of his books, I get something
I love reading books by James Redfield. Like the others, this book focuses on accessing and maintaining our spirituality and our way of being in the world. I always find these books to be enlightening all within an easy and flowing way of writing.

I would definitely recommend this book but start with the Celestine Prophecy and work your way through the series or this book may not make sense since each book builds upon the theories in the previous book.
Toby
Ella Roberts
It was a number of years between reading "The Celestine Prophecy" and this book, but I felt the connection between the both of them and I really enjoyed the journey that the character goes through. I also must admit that although it was sometimes very confusing that the character didn't have a name, I did like that he didn't because it was not distracting and as a writer I admire that style of writing.
Trevan Hetzel
I've been a fan of the Celestine Prophecy novels, and this one was probably the most intriguing. The whole thing is far-fetched, but nonetheless intriguing how it portrays individuals entering a realm of spiritual awareness unlike anything else on the planet. Being able to "create" physical objects with your "energy" is obviously ridiculous, but makes for a good story.
Ange Cortes
I really liked all of the books... I think this one may have been the easiest for me to read. It was very captivating. I believe it has a lot of truths in its pages, as long as you have an open mind. If you want to think negatively about life, don't waste your time, because you won't like it... but if you'd like to have another viewpoint of being positive, then go for it.
HOW CAN ONE USE THIS SECRET OF SHAMBHAL IN LIFE 2 25 Oct 19, 2009 06:27AM
  • The Heart of the Soul: Emotional Awareness
  • Serpent of Light: Beyond 2012 the Movement of the Earth's Kundalini and the Rise of the Female Light, 1949 to 2013
  • Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior
  • Friendship with God: An Uncommon Dialogue
  • Angel Medicine
  • Manifest Your Destiny
  • Bringers of the Dawn: Teachings from the Pleiadians
  • The Way of the Wizard: Twenty Spiritual Lessons for Creating the Life You Want
  • Edgar Cayce: The Sleeping Prophet
  • Love is in the Earth: A Kaleidoscope of Crystals - The Reference Book Describing the Metaphysical Properties of the Mineral Kingdom
  • The Divine Romance: Collected Talks and Essays on Realizing God in Daily Life
  • The Divine Matrix: Bridging Time, Space, Miracles, and Belief
  • The Purpose of Your Life: Finding Your Place In The World Using Synchronicity, Intuition, And Uncommon Sense
  • Living in the Light: A Guide to Personal and Planetary Transformation
  • Messages from Michael
  • Jaguar Woman
James Redfield is the author of The Celestine Prophecy and The Tenth Insight. He writes widely on the topic of human spiritual awareness and is active in the worldwide effort to save our last remaining wilderness areas. James lives with his wife, Salle, and cat, Meredith, in Alabama and Arizona.

More about James Redfield...
The Celestine Prophecy (Celestine Prophecy, #1) The Tenth Insight: Holding the Vision (Celestine Prophecy, #2) The Celestine Vision: Living the New Spiritual Awareness The Celestine Prophecy: A Pocket Guide to the Nine Insights The Celestine Prophecy: An Experiential Guide