Start by marking “The Secret of Shambhala: In Search of the Eleventh Insight (Celestine Prophecy, #3)” as Want to Read:

The Secret of Shambhala: In Search of the Eleventh Insight (Celestine Prophecy #3)

3.97  ·  Rating Details ·  3,916 Ratings  ·  128 Reviews
Continuing the exciting adventures of The Celestine Prophecy and The Tenth Insight, this new book takes you to the snow-covered Himalayas, in search of the legendary Tibetan utopia of Shambhala. As you follow a child's instructions, are pursued by hostile Chinese agents, and look for a lost friend, you will experience a new awareness of synchronicity...and discover, hidden ...more
Published November 1st 2001 by Warner Books (first published 1999)

Jess
Apr 25, 2007 Jess rated it it was amazing
I read this book when I first moved to Sacramento from San Francisco and was going through some major changes in my life. The authors intentions are clear throughout the Celestine Prophecy series: the world is in your hands, you can make of it what you please, the world is a wonderful place, and life is to short for negative thoughts.
Carrie
Apr 26, 2011 Carrie rated it liked it
Let me start by saying that I loved The Celestine Prophesy. It's one of my favorite books of all time. I love how it talks about human relationships and interactions. Even though it's all presented in a very spiritual way, I also found it very relatable on a personal level.

I didn't understand the second book at all, since it felt so esoteric and there was nothing in it that I could relate to. I'd put this third book somewhere in the middle. In it our hero goes to Tibet, on a quest for the mythic
Jakob Masic
Jun 23, 2016 Jakob Masic rated it it was amazing
This gets a big 5 stars, not entirely for the the story itself but for the message of how to use ones power to help create a change in this world.
I have practiced the works described in this book for the better part of 20 years now, what I call my Spitural Work. It is rewarding to think that everyone who has held this book in their hands now possesses the knowledge of how to create their thoughts to be the single most important thing in the universe at that moment in time.
Everything means somet
Susie
Jun 08, 2008 Susie added it
This book was a fairly easy read and pretty enjoyable. I did appreciate the insight into the situation with Tibet/China as well. While I don't buy into the whole "one day we'll all be vibrating at the highest level" thing I do think he makes some good points and I like the idea of setting positive intentions, being on the lookout for "coincidences" and sending out positive energy.

It has been a while since I read "The Celestine Prophecy" and "The Tenth Insight" but I seem to remember that I real
Original Doll (Lea Martinuš)
Not so interesting for me as The Celestine Prophecy.
The book is constantly repeating parts of the first book and it drived me crazy. Like he wrote same book twice but this time act is taking place in another country, and I must admit that adventure of traveling was better in first part, too. (although it's really not bad)
Also, there are 10 insights in The Celestine Prophecy so book is full of new knowledges, witch are repeated in this book and the eleventh insight is explained about 50 times bec
Jordan
Nov 24, 2010 Jordan rated it really liked it
Redfield's books are to spiritual seekers what the romance novel is to single women. They're so fun to read, even if they're a little over the top.

This one is infinitely better than the 10th Insight. I love the idea of the prayer field, although I don't care for the terminology, and how we must deal with our negative emotions or else we'll be running into our projections of them all over the "real world." The idea of paradise presented in this novel is exciting, creative, and inspiring. That al
Devika Koppikar
Sep 26, 2010 Devika Koppikar rated it it was amazing
Of the three Celestine Prophesy series, I liked this best.... because it told of an ideal spiritual society. To me, it was a glimpse of spiritual potential, even if this is a fiction book. Since reading this book, I've had a fascination with Tibet, prayer flags, the Himalayas. Too bad Redfield won't have a sequel to until early 2011 next year...it is about time!
Acacia
Oct 30, 2012 Acacia rated it it was amazing
This book gives a lot of insight into how we as individuals are responsible for our own energy and how it affects others. A look at the world's situation now and how it could change into something much greater whe we each learn compassion and look for the highest good in each other.
Flower
Jan 31, 2008 Flower rated it it was amazing
This is the best one of the series of 3. Very spiritual in a differnt sort of way. I don't know if you would call it new age or no, but maybe. Really interesting ideas even though of the 3 this on is the most far out for sure.
Kim
Apr 29, 2016 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: spirituality
What a wild ride! In order to really understand the (intended) progress of this book you have to start with The Celestine Prophecy, and then the following book, The Tenth Insight – overall, it’s a six-book series, folks. The four books tell the story, the fifth book is The Celestine Vision, and the sixth is a workbook.

This time, our hero finds his way through his friend Wil and synchronicity, to Kathmandu, to go to Tibet – his friend Wil, who was in the previous book, is already there. Our her
William Asiata
Mar 14, 2014 William Asiata rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-buy
Why I read it:
My interest in themes of spiritual import has lead me to read the Celestine Prophecy series. I am very interested in understanding the design of the universe, and aligning my energies towards achieving the greatest, most attractive and pivotal outcomes that my life is capable of fulfilling. This book is an excellent tool for helping to conceptualise an ideal, appropriate, and attractive story of my life.

How it is written:
The novel is an adventure story that follows a man as he leav
Breakdown
Jan 14, 2009 Breakdown rated it did not like it
Shelves: garbage
Dani Noviandi

gw cuma ngerate buku ini 2/5...bukan, bukan gara2 buku ini jelek, buku ini bagus kok, tapi terlalu rumit, mungkin otak gw gak nyampe, sialnya buku ini layaknya obat tidur buat gw, baru baca sebentar udah bikin ngantuk dan mengawang2, kadang2 saking sampai ketidurannya, kata2 yg gw berhasil baca kok gak sama ama yg tertulis di bukunya..dan hebatnya lagi, baru dibaca beberapa saat, sebentar kemudian gw udah lupa isinya :hammer:

enough curhatnya...

so, garis besar buku ini terjadi di Tibet, berbeda d
Judith Fishburne
Love it..very enlightening. Will pass it on to all my friends. A series everyone should take the time to read. Looking forward to the next books.

The book was very easy to follow and I looked forward every day to sitting down and getting into the story.
Kat
Dec 11, 2016 Kat rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read

describes how all the people in the planet can come together to spread world peace if they would only read this book with an open mind
Gail Testa
Feb 18, 2011 Gail Testa rated it liked it
I read the Celestine Prophecy many years ago and loved it. Then I read the 10th insight, the follow-up to his original book and didn't care for it. It was like another person had written it. I saw that he has a new book out, the 12th Prophecy, and it seemed to be getting some ok reviews, so I decided to give the 11th Prophecy, otherwise known as "The Secret of Shambhala" a try (written after the 10th Prophecy). Not too far into it, but already it's more interesting that the last one.

Each of his
Andrew
Aug 15, 2012 Andrew rated it did not like it
Sej
Jan 14, 2016 Sej rated it liked it
The thing about James Redfield is that he presents spiritual life lessons in a fiction, action-packed drama, so its not the usual boring "you must do this if you want this". That style has both advantages as well as disadvantages. The biggest disadvantage is that synchronicity (that we do experience once we enter the spiritual realm) and sci-fi don't go together: it makes us doubt the author and sounds incredulous.
This book is about the author's search for the mystical place called Shambala in
Riobhcah
Nov 29, 2013 Riobhcah rated it really liked it
This book contains some awesome ideas about the power of our minds being much more than we think it is...energy that actually extends beyond what most people think they are (the body, rather than the True Self, the Mindstream). The Buddha said that "we create our reality with our thoughts" and this book elaborates on that, discussing how we can learn to turn the world towards a higher plane using thoughts focused on positivity. Although it is couched in a fictional setting, the ideas are from th ...more
Nadia
Aug 08, 2016 Nadia rated it really liked it
If you've read the other books of the series, Celestine Prophecy, The Tenth Insight, then you know that they're leading to our Evolution as the Spiritual Beings we are. In The Secret of Shambhala, we become informed of our Power to Co-Create through the Prayer Field that surrounds us. That Prayer must be done as Affirmation, not beseeching, in order for the reality of it to Manifest in our Lives.
As with all the Redfield books thus far they're good Spiritual adventures which are meant to provoke
A. Gulden
Jan 15, 2014 A. Gulden rated it really liked it
"You will learn that at these higher levels of energy, our fields of prayer act very quickly to bring to us exactly what we expect. If we fear, it brings to us what we fear. If we hate, it brings us more of what we hate."

"You see, the energy fields of all of us mix together out there, and the strongest ones prevail. That’s the unconscious dynamic that characterizes the human world. The state of our energy, our prevailing expectations, no matter what they are, go out and influence everyone else’s
Vicky
Dec 28, 2011 Vicky rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own-it
When we look out at others and make judgements, thinking that they are fat or thin or underachieved or ugly or poorly dressed, we actually send our energy out at these people and they often begin to think bad thoughts about themselves. We are engaging in what can only be called the energy of evil. It is the contagion of negative prayer. Of course we have to see things the way they are, but after that we must immediately shift our expectations from 'what is' to 'what could be'.

Humans can find an
Todd R
Aug 23, 2014 Todd R rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, inspired
This is not meant to be great fiction, Redfield merely tries to divulge his ideas via fiction in order to make them more palatable. He does a decent job of describing his ideas of Intention..which he calls prayer fields. The last few chapters drag and most of the story is pretty boring. Redfield doesn't challenge his characters in any of his fiction, they just meander along from incident to incident, and because of this they never feel real. I always take away a few good thoughts from Redfields ...more
Kalyani Chandrasekar
Aug 10, 2014 Kalyani Chandrasekar rated it it was amazing
This is a quite interesting book. This book deals more with synchronicity and energy extension. Beauty of Tibet and Himalayan regions has been wonderfully described. The most interesting part is the temples in Shambala. The American man, Yin and Tashi are wonderful characters. Their view of the Outer Worlds from the Shambala is simply wonderful. The current state of the Outer worlds and the limitations are revealed. However, questions like what made Dakinis to help people are unexplained. This i ...more
Arlene
Sep 11, 2013 Arlene rated it it was ok
Shelves: spiritual
I really wanted to like this book. If you have read either of the first 2 books by this author, this is more of the same. Same 'hero', chosen for a spiritual mission against all credibility, fighting the oppressive military regime of whatever country in which this adventure occurs. This time it is Tibet. As usual, the hero has feet of clay, and continues to fail miserably repeatedly.

It is predictable, preachy, badly written and boring. And yet, every time I read one of his books, I get something
Nicola
Sep 23, 2014 Nicola rated it really liked it
I liked it a lot. Lots of great ideas and thoughts about energy and how we affect our environment and life paths. Something that i am curious about.
Sad to say though that 15 years later Tibet is not saved as predicted! and the world religions seem to have grown further apart and further consumed with hate for one another. Materialism has even greater appeal and power.
Has the new age energy been hijacked?! Maybe been tricked by great advertising campaigns and must have products from the likes of
Christine
Apr 28, 2012 Christine rated it liked it
Another great book of his, as he continues on yet another journey to find the Secrets of Shambhala. This book was interesting to read, and think about, as the author talks about holding our energy fields and obtaining energy from the source, especially to handle tricky situations, and hints at supernatural elements of life that come to assist us in our time of need. I found this book to be quite interesting, though I have to admit not as moving as the other two, but still a good book to read if ...more
Macoffkilter
Jun 02, 2015 Macoffkilter rated it it was amazing
Loved this book and am grateful for having read The Celestine Prophecy and The Tenth Insight - Holding the Vision previously. This book was a definite call to action to really live more consciously at all levels. This acknowledges the difficulty that one can have doing that but the story illustrates so much why it is required to get past that fear. I found it so encouraging that I highly recommend it to everyone who is ready for it. Thanks to the author for this work as well as all that is being ...more
Attila Benő
Jul 23, 2016 Attila Benő rated it it was amazing
The Secret of Shambhala is the third book in the Celestine Prophecy series. Just like the second book in the series, this one examines just one teaching, the entire book being dominantly about that one (although at times it refers to all previous ones). It's not the best stand-alone book, so if you are interested, I suggest you read the entire series, starting from the first book. A great spiritual journey, taking place at beautiful locations.
Cyndy Bradfield
Feb 20, 2016 Cyndy Bradfield rated it it was amazing
I couldn't tell you when I started or finished this honestly because I read the series then gave them to a friend. Then checked them out at the library and read them again. Then purchased them at a used bookstore so I could have them and read them again. A favorite of mine that inspires me aknew when I read it again. I have believed these things as a follower of Eckankar, but his books made me feel there was another step I hadn't taken.
HOW CAN ONE USE THIS SECRET OF SHAMBHAL IN LIFE 2 27 Oct 19, 2009 06:27AM
  • The Heart of the Soul: Emotional Awareness
  • Serpent of Light: Beyond 2012 the Movement of the Earth's Kundalini and the Rise of the Female Light, 1949 to 2013
  • The New Revelations: A Conversation with God
  • Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior
  • Bringers of the Dawn: Teachings from the Pleiadians
  • The Purpose of Your Life: Finding Your Place In The World Using Synchronicity, Intuition, And Uncommon Sense
  • The Way of the Wizard: Twenty Spiritual Lessons for Creating the Life You Want
  • Jaguar Woman
  • Love is in the Earth: A Kaleidoscope of Crystals - The Reference Book Describing the Metaphysical Properties of the Mineral Kingdom
  • Shiva: The Wild God of Power and Ecstasy
  • Angel Medicine
  • Reincarnation and the Law of Karma A Study of the Old-New World-Doctrine of Rebirth, and Spiritual Cause and Effect
  • The Myths and Gods of India: The Classic Work on Hindu Polytheism from the Princeton Bollingen Series
  • The Divine Romance: Collected Talks and Essays on Realizing God in Daily Life
  • The Isaiah Effect: Decoding the Lost Science of Prayer and Prophecy
  • Messages from Michael (Messages from Michael, #1)
  • Stages of Meditation
  • Spiritwalker: Messages from the Future
James Redfield is the author of The Celestine Prophecy and The Tenth Insight. He writes widely on the topic of human spiritual awareness and is active in the worldwide effort to save our last remaining wilderness areas. James lives with his wife, Salle, and cat, Meredith, in Alabama and Arizona.

More about James Redfield...

Celestine Prophecy (4 books)
  • The Celestine Prophecy (Celestine Prophecy, #1)
  • The Tenth Insight: Holding the Vision (Celestine Prophecy, #2)
  • The Twelfth Insight: The Hour of Decision (Celestine Prophecy, #4)