Start by marking “All Things Wise and Wonderful & The Lord God Made Them All” as Want to Read:
All Things Wise and Wonderful & The Lord God Made Them All

All Things Wise and Wonderful & The Lord God Made Them All (All Creatures Great and Small #3-4)

4.46 of 5 stars 4.46  ·  rating details  ·  301 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Book by Herriot, James
Published November 1st 1999 by Mjf Books

Be the first to ask a question about All Things Wise and Wonderful & The Lord God Made Them All

Ime'... Imelda
Buku ini sebenarnya rangkaian cerita pendek James Herriot dalam kehidupannya sebagai seorang dokter hewan dan juga seorang pilot. Kebanyakan ceritanya sih tentang pekerjaannya sebagai dokter hewan. Ada sukanya dan tentu saja ada dukannya.

Gue nggak terlalu suka buku ini sebenarnya, mungkin karena ada term-term yang gue nggak ngerti. Sepertinya sih, karena gue itu nggak terlalu familiar dengan istilah-istilah dokter hewan. Jadinya, gue agak lost in translation di tengah jalan.

Ada juga beberapa ce
Kurtbg
The third book on the life of a British veterinarian.
The author juxtaposes his time in the RAF during WWII to remember back on the bucolic
and innocent days working as a vet (not veteran).

Light and enjoyable reads, I wonder if I'm too young to really appreciate these books.
The times seems more simple out in the British country in a time where the modernity of
science has yet to pervade the agricultural landscape. Was this so real?

The characters are, sometimes, overwhelmingly British, and the anima
Michelle
I love all the Herriot Books and have read them all. Yorkshire vet chronicles the tales of his many decades of practice with two other vets. The stories are warm hearted, cozy and charming - not everyone's cup of tea, but definitely mine.
Bev
Even though these books have been out for some time, I've only recently read them and fell in love! The stories from this English vet involving the animal world is amusing AND educational!
Erin
If you love animals you will love both of these books! I was so sad when I finished them. I can't wait to read is other books.
D.
While I always enjoy the stories, I did not find this collection quite as moving as the first.
dead letter office
more tales of the life of a rural english veterinarian. kind of like a british garrison keillor.
Colleen
The whole series is wonderful. I actually read them when they first came out in hardback.
Wallace
A perfect book for any occasion, sure to renew your faith in mankind
Joshlyn
I can't get enough.
Sandy
Again, more inspirational tales about a Yorkshire veterinarian. His stories are fascinating!
Hollie Templeton
Hollie Templeton marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Tom Eich
Tom Eich marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Carol Whitley
Carol Whitley marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Stormy
Stormy added it
Oct 17, 2014
Michelle Frizzel
Michelle Frizzel marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
  • The Reb and the Redcoats
  • Daniel's Duck
  • The Dead Sea Scrolls
  • Buffalo Bill
  • This Country of Ours
  • The Puppy Who Wanted a Boy (Reading Rainbow Book)
  • Meet the Boxcar Children  (Adventures of Benny and Watch)
  • The Burgess Animal Book for Children
  • Friends & Lovers
  • Uncharted
  • Confessions: An Innnocent Life in Communist China
  • The Secret Soldier: The Story of Deborah Sampson
  • Member of the Club: Reflections on Life in a Racially Polarized World
  • All in My Head: An Epic Quest to Cure an Unrelenting, Totally Unreasonable, and Only Slightly Enlightening Headache
  • I'm Not the New Me
  • Living on the Wind: Across the Hemisphere with Migratory Birds
  • How to Live with a Neurotic Dog
  • The Aqua Net Diaries: Big Hair, Big Dreams, Small Town
James Herriot is the pen name of James Alfred Wight, OBE, FRCVS also known as Alf Wight, an English veterinary surgeon and writer. Wight is best known for his semi-autobiographical stories, often referred to collectively as All Creatures Great and Small, a title used in some editions and in film and television adaptations.

In 1939, at the age of 23, he qualified as a veterinary surgeon with Glasgow
More about James Herriot...
All Creatures Great and Small All Things Bright and Beautiful All Things Wise and Wonderful The Lord God Made Them All All Creatures Great and Small & All Things Bright and Beautiful