Start by marking “Public Enemies (On The Run, #5)” as Want to Read:
Public Enemies (On The Run, #5)

Public Enemies (On The Run #5)

4.18  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,731 Ratings  ·  56 Reviews
The Falconer siblings come one step closer to freeing their parents from jail in this fifth installment of the thrilling Gordon Korman series.
Aiden and Meg Falconer have been crossing the country as fugitives in order to prove their parents didn't commit a crime. They've been chased from state to state by the FBI . . . and by a killer they know only as Hairless Joe. Now H
Published December 1st 2005 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Public Enemies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Public Enemies

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally CarterHeist Society by Ally CarterCross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally CarterOnly the Good Spy Young by Ally CarterDon't Judge a Girl by Her Cover by Ally Carter
Best YA Spy/Mystery Novels
148th out of 475 books — 1,300 voters
I Want to Go Home! by Gordon KormanThis Can't Be Happening at MacDonald Hall! by Gordon KormanBeware the Fish! by Gordon KormanGo Jump in the Pool! by Gordon KormanNo More Dead Dogs by Gordon Korman
The Best of Gordon Korman
10th out of 45 books — 26 voters

More lists with this book...

Star Shining Forever
*Spoilers*

Aiden and Meg Falconer have been chased by many people on their quest to exonerate their wrongfully jailed parents. Their modes of escape are varied and colorful; in this book they stow away in the back of a pickup, ride on a horse for hours, and (after a run-in with a seedy biker after the 25K reward on their heads) borrow a motorcycle to take them to HORUS headquarters in Denver. That's where Frank Lindenauer worked, the guy who framed their parents for treason. but was really workin
Jordan H
Public enemies
Aiden and Meg falconer have been crossing the country as fugitives, in order to prove that their parents didn’t commit a crime. In a world where criminals are celebrities and news coverage is 24-7, the falconers are finding it hard to hide form their unwanted fame. They’ve been chased for state to state by the FBI. They have been chased by a killer the only know by Hairless Joe. Now Hairless Joe is getting closer than ever, and the Falconers are getting even closer to the truth.
S
Cassidy
Jan 12, 2013 Cassidy rated it really liked it
150 pages
Realistic Fiction
by Gordon Korman

Public Enemies is the fifth book in the On The Run series. In this book, Meg and Aiden Falconer are still looking for Frank Lindenaur, them an who framed their parents and landed them in jail. Meg and Aiden are still running from not just the police, but also a mass murderer the Falconers call "Hairless Joe." This murderer is after the Falconers, but they have done nothing wrong. But will this mysterious man hurt them, or help them?

This was one of my fa
Gabriel
Apr 07, 2010 Gabriel rated it liked it
Shelves: school-09-10
This book is a very adventurous book. That made it a fun read. It is all about the Falconer children on the run and their struggle for justice. Also its suprising because it's almost like they can't trust anyone. Just when you think they are safe another obstacle presents itself.

A connection could be made from the book to the real world. Sometimes the wrong people go to jail the same way the Falconers did in the book. You can find justice but sometimes it's hard to get. This connects from the
Gabriel Gutierrez
Oct 05, 2012 Gabriel Gutierrez rated it it was amazing
Chris
Mar 19, 2011 Chris rated it it was amazing
The plot twists just keep coming, and this book delivers a few powerful ones, which I can't spoil. But suffice to say, one of them changes the kids' goal in a major way.

Otherwise, this is the same style as the previous books: hiding out, trying to get help from people who don't recognize them, running to avoid capture, and so on. One of the best moments occurs when Meg overhears a radio show badmouthing her family, and calls in to try to set the record straight. It actually results in her and Ai
the BATMAN
Jan 06, 2015 the BATMAN rated it really liked it
This book is about Aidan and Meg Falconer running away from the cops across country. I liked this book because it has action and is suspenseful. This might be a good book for Christians because the kids are trying to prove their parents innocents.
Joshua P
Patricia
Dec 29, 2014 Patricia rated it really liked it
This is an enjoyable series for both grown-ups and kids. Keep reading--there is just one more book in the series.
Sara
Sep 02, 2015 Sara rated it liked it
As much as I am enjoying this story...I am ready to be finished. Hopefully Book 6 will have all the answers!
Michelle
Aug 10, 2015 Michelle rated it really liked it
Boys would love reading. Not sure if a 13-15 year old can handle driving a Harley, but ok!
Corey Ryan
Apr 21, 2014 Corey Ryan rated it liked it
Oi m8
Louise
Jan 22, 2014 Louise rated it really liked it
Shelves: boys-reads
We figured out who Hairless Joe was about half way through the book. Waiting for the next one to be available from the library....
Johnnie Huff
Mar 18, 2013 Johnnie Huff rated it really liked it
Public enemies is one of the last books in this series. It's probably one of the best ones too. if you have read the first four, you will really like this one even better. it tells of how Aiden and Meg come face to face with the alleged Frank Lindenauer. They realize this is really him by a picture they see drawn by a little old man who can't really hear or see. and in a point in this book the kids are nearly killed by Mr. Lindenauer.
Maddy 11-12
Dec 06, 2011 Maddy 11-12 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book! It was a great story to follow the idea in book 3 and did a great job of describing that! It drew a great picture in your head and gave you little hints about who the real professional killer is! It left me dying to read the concluding book and I loved that about this book! I recomend this book for anyone who likes putting the clues together!
Evan
Feb 29, 2012 Evan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
3 way tied for my favorite series. It is suspenseful and you won't want to put it down. The series seemed to be over quickly, as I couldn't stop reading it. I however was excited when my favorite author, Gordon Korman came out with a second follow-up series to the On-the-Run series, the Kidnapped series. It was awesome too.
Haase  Racing
Sep 06, 2012 Haase Racing rated it really liked it
This was my second favorite book of the series so far it included some of the best chase seens in the series. I love the adventure.

**SPOILER**

i love how they find out that Hairless joe is their "uncle frank". It was hidden so well that i didn't even notice it was him untill the 5th book.
Lee
Oct 26, 2011 Lee rated it liked it
Another adventure packed episode of two kids trying to prove their parents are innocent. This book as well as the one before it, are starting to tie things together as this series ends with the next book. Will definitely recommend to kids around 9.
Keith
Apr 10, 2012 Keith rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book as the characters and plots really came together and started creating some real tension as you root for the kids to find what they are looking for while also fleeing from all of the people and groups chasing them.
Shelley
Sep 21, 2009 Shelley rated it really liked it
Read this book in an evening. I'm very glad that this book didn't disappoint me like book 4 did. Once again, full of action and adventures for Aiden and Meg, not to mention the reader. Looking forward to reading the next one.
Jenn
Apr 18, 2010 Jenn rated it really liked it
With each book the series gets better. I think my favorite character so far, while short lived and truly not a primary character, is Oznot. What a dude!

I cannot wait to read book five -- must fit into today's schedule!
Hunter
May 12, 2011 Hunter rated it liked it
This book was interesting because of all the action. They saw hairless Joe again. They through him down the elevator. Meg and Adien made an amazing discovery because hairless Joe is actually their long lost uncle.
Lizzie
Aug 13, 2010 Lizzie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2010
This series isn't the best, but it's quite addicting and all of the books are quick reads. Maybe 2 days max. Sadly I don't have the 6th one, so I can't see how it ends unil I find time to go to the library.
Kate Franklin
Mar 16, 2011 Kate Franklin rated it liked it
I thought this book was pretty good. I liked how it had a lot of action. And how Meg & Aiden were on the run to prove their parents innocence. I thought it really taught a life lesson to people.
Lilly
Jan 23, 2009 Lilly rated it it was amazing
this the next book i need to read in the on the run series. im also reading the kidnapped series right now which is a sequel to the on the run series so im switching back and forth!
Rivkah
Jan 18, 2011 Rivkah rated it liked it
This is overall a fantastic series. Kids Adin and Meg trying to prove there parents un guilty of terrorism.

I think that bald guy really helped make it more interesting.
Green Lantern
Dec 30, 2014 Green Lantern rated it really liked it
Better than the other 2.They found out that (removed for spoiler reasons). Is s little better. the whole point of the sires is kids breaking laws to find the truth
Brooklyn
Jan 02, 2012 Brooklyn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2nd-term
The falconers are still trying to collect more evidence on their parent's case. They are one step closer when they find out where Frank Lindenauer is.
Lauren
Mar 31, 2009 Lauren rated it liked it
This is the 5th in the series and yes you have to read them in order, SORRY! I love books about crime and this is an easy read but a GOOD book!
Kody Henderson
I liked this book. I can't wait to read the next one in the series. It crazy how they can just keep going and not get caught. Al in all, good book.
Vecchio Book Club: Public Enemies Discussion - SPOILERS 5 5 May 21, 2012 01:00AM
  • Tracker
  • The Project
  • Villain's Lair (The Gecko and Sticky, #3)
  • Shantorian (Trackers, #2)
  • The Code
  • The Final Hour (The Homelanders, #4)
  • Hostage
  • Alias: Free Fall (Prequel Series #8)
  • Father Figure (Alias, #7)
  • Jack's Run (Zach's Lie, #2)
  • Alias:  Infiltration (Prequel Series #9)
  • Operation Red Jericho (The Guild of Specialists,  #1)
  • Santa Paws, Come Home (Santa Paws, #4)
  • All My Holy Mountain (Binding of the Blade, #5)
  • Winner Takes All (Candy Apple #27)
  • Out of the Cold (Robyn Hunter, #4)
  • Indiana Jones and the Hollow Earth (Indiana Jones: Prequels #11)
  • The Villain Virus (NERDS, #4)
Korman wrote his first book, "This Can't be Happening at Macdonald Hall", when he was 12 years old, for a coach who suddenly found himself teaching 7th grade English. He later took that episode and created a book out of it, as well, in "The Sixth Grade Nickname Game", wherein Mr. Huge was based on that 7th grade teacher.

Korman moved to New York City, where he studied film and film writing. While i
More about Gordon Korman...

On The Run (6 books)
  • Chasing The Falconers (On The Run, #1)
  • The Fugitive Factor (On The Run, #2)
  • Now You See Them, Now You Don't (On The Run, #3)
  • The Stowaway Solution (On The Run, #4)
  • Hunting the Hunter (On the Run, #6)