Start by marking “Hunting the Hunter (On the Run, #6)” as Want to Read:
Hunting the Hunter (On the Run, #6)

Hunting the Hunter (On The Run #6)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  1,463 ratings  ·  59 reviews
Aiden and Meg Falconer find and confront the man who could free their parents in this thrilling conclusion to the first ON THE RUN series.
Aiden and Meg Falconer have been all across country, looking for the man who framed their parents and sent them off to life in prison. Now they've found him -- and need to trap him before he gets away again. But it isn't going to be eas
Published February 1st 2006 by Scholastic (first published February 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Hunting the Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunting the Hunter

Stormbreaker by Anthony HorowitzI'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally CarterFledgling by Mark A. CooperThe Recruit by Robert MuchamorePoint Blank by Anthony Horowitz
Spy Kids
162nd out of 280 books — 707 voters
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally CarterHeist Society by Ally CarterOnly the Good Spy Young by Ally CarterDon't Judge a Girl by Her Cover by Ally CarterCross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter
Best YA Spy/Mystery Novels
248th out of 421 books — 1,358 voters

More lists with this book...

Justin Holding
Hunting for a Good Book?
I read Hunting the Hunter by Gordon Korman. The book was published by Scholastic Incorporated in 2006. The theme of the book was loyalty and bravery. The main characters were Aiden and Meg Falconer. The major characters were Agent Harris, Hairless Joe, and Frank Lindenaur.
Aiden and Meg Falconer are one the run again in the last book, they get split up and are almost killed by a new character. They discover that Hairless Joe can free theirs parents from prison. They need
Gabriel
This was the last book of a long series. The Falconers are two normal kids who get sent to a juvenile correctional facility when their parents are put in jail and framed with being terrorists. The Falconers break out to prove there parents innocent. After being on he run for 5 books they finally work everything out.

One connection I can make is that this book reminded me of the first book because it was like everything finally came back to the way it was before. It was like a full cycle. This
Yael
I found this ENTIRE series (On The Run-6 books/Kidnapped!-3 books) to just be so....great!:) I have literally read all nine books multiple times. Basically, Aiden and Margaret (Meg) Falconer's parents are accused of handing information over to terrorists when their parents actually worked for the CIA. Being wrongly placed in a juvenile facility/farm after their parents are sent to jail, Meg and Aiden feel hopeless. After an accident involving the barn burning down in Nebraska, Aiden and Meg seiz ...more
Mason N
The book I am blogging is called Hunting the hunter. It is a really good book created by Gordon Korman. The book reminded me of The fugitive Factor because it was created by the same author and had the same characters. One of the problems in the book was that Meg and her brother had to capture their uncle who is a terrorist, so they had to use them self as bait. My favorite character was Meg because she is funny in difficult times and she is awesome. I was really surprised that there uncle hasn ...more
Chris
As with any series that focuses on a goal, the finale is bound to be different than the other books. And this is no different.

While each book in this series more or less had a "theme" of their own, such as the gang in book 3, the ship and stowing aboard in book 4, they still tended to follow the same formula. But here, that formula is gone. Aiden and Meg know exactly who they're looking for, and who's looking for them. And they intend to set a trap for that person... while he of course plans to
DAVID the SUPER BOMB
This book is the last book in the series, it is about Aidan and meg trying to find hairless Joe. I liked this book, but I think it was a weird way to end the series. This might be a good book for Christians, I dunno.
Patricia
I have really enjoyed this book and this whole series. I am sad to have the series come to an end.
Zach
This book was the last book of the series. This series was all about Meg and Aiden escaping the juvinal farm and proving that their parents are innocent. Meg gets caught by the police and she gave up herself pretty easy, but then something happens (you will have to read). Then Aiden and Meg find out that their uncle is a lead to proving that their parents are innocent. So then Aiden and Meg have to catch their uncle who is a terrorist and is very dangerous. Something happens at the end, but I do ...more
Julie Walter
WOW! Great ending to a great series.
Jenn
This series was great. It would be one I would definitely recommend to my reluctant readers (in fact I already have!) Great action, compelling characters, short chapters, short books, good size fonts & good white space makes this a great RR book.

Book two is the slowest in the unfolding of the plot. However it won't stop the reader from wanting to follow Aiden & Meg's journey.

If you haven't read, I highly encourage you to do so!
Daniel
In this thrilling conclusion, Aiden and Meg reside in a farm out in the country, but danger still threatens them...

After an arranged meeting with Hairless Frank (if you don't get this, just read the rest of the series) Aiden and Meg realize that no one can be trusted. However, Meg is once again thrown in jail, and Aiden only has himself to solve this problem.
Louise
The third book was a little slow, and almost lost us on the series, but then it picked up again. We liked the last book!
Maddy 11-12
This book was great! I was kind of expecting a different conclusion to it but I was happy that it was something completly different! I loved how it talked about all different places that hey were almost killed and how you could notice the traps Aiden and Meg were about to walk into! I normally don't like mystery books but this series changed my mind!
Evan
3 way tied for my favorite series. It is suspenseful and you won't want to put it down. The series seemed to be over quickly, as I couldn't stop reading it. I however was excited when my favorite author, Gordon Korman came out with a second follow-up series to the On-the-Run series, the Kidnapped series. It was awesome too.
Keith
The conclusion of the story did not disappoint. The kids made more daring escapes, outsmarted more adults and confronted the man who caused their family so much trouble. The series is for kids, so it never really reached that next level of sophistication and drama, but for what it was, it was an enjoyable diversion.
Sofia G.
This book can actually relate to the world in some way. I say that because there probably have been many court cases, where people have been tricked into doing something bad that goes against our country and then being framed for it. When in reality all they wanted to do was help but instead end up being in jail.
Nicole
I found this book to be a real disappointment. The other books were leading someplace great, and then it just ends. No explaining to the media, no shame on the country for the misgivings, just "look, they're getting off that plane, omg they must be free."
10-11Randall
Carolyn
I enjoyed this series by Korman more than the Kidnapped series. The characters were better, the premise was more believable. Very exciting and compelling plot and very quick fun reads. They might be fun to read out loud.
Haase  Racing
This was a very good book it rapped up the end of the series very well. I loved how they planned out the very ending rapping it all up in almost 4 chapters dragging out the suspense of what is going to happen to the Falcon kids.
Kristin
Jan 02, 2010 Kristin rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Kristin by: Jessica and Timothy
Shelves: novel
Was glad to finally get resolution.

As Timothy pointed out, it was disappointing that he didn't go back and wrap up/update the reader on some of the minor characters who came and went during the 6-book series.

Lee
Satisfying conclusion to this adventure kid series. The last one was much more believable than some of the earlier installments. Satisfying read for children around 9-11 years old.
Wade
This is an amazing book I started with it and it gave me info. on what happend earlyer on in the cerces, and it is a book of adventure that will suck you into the book like a vacume.
Joti
End of the series!! It's been a while but I really loved all 6 books!! The story, the plot, the characters & everything Meg & Aiden go through to prove their parents innocence!!!!
Brendan Creecy
I was really impressed with this series, especially this book which wraps things up in a very exciting way. Yes, it is targeted to a YA audience but it is a very fun, quick read.
Brooklyn
This is the last book of the series. Aiden and Meg find out the bald assassin who has been chasing them is Frank Lindenauer. It is hard to for them to HUNT THE HUNTER.
Lilly
Dec 19, 2008 Lilly added it
I finally finished the whole series! I'm so proud of myself! and im on the last book of the kidnapped series to! i finally did it! they were really good!
Joseph H
The best in the series and sadly the last. All the way through the book you are constantly wondering what will happen as things are constantly unfolding.
Faith
aw, man I loved these books!!! I read the kidnapped ones first but still both amazing series!!!!
("on the run" and "kidnapped" both by Gordon Korman)
Kim
If you read and enjoy this series, the author has also written another series called Kidnapped (a trilogy). Allyse highly recommends them.
Vecchio Book Club: Hunting the Hunter Discussion - SPOILERS 3 7 May 20, 2012 04:44PM
  • Tracker
  • Secrets (Undercover Girl, #1)
  • Nothing to Lose (Robyn Hunter, #3)
  • Fireworks (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #7)
  • Why Is Snot Green?: And Other Extremely Important Questions (and Answers)
  • The Final Hour (The Homelanders, #4)
  • Enemy Spy (Shredderman, #4)
  • The Code
  • All My Holy Mountain (Binding of the Blade, #5)
  • Day of the Iguana
  • Winner Takes All (Candy Apple #27)
  • Da Wild, Da Crazy, Da Vinci (Time Warp Trio #14)
  • Leaving Protection
  • Patrol: An American Soldier in Vietnam
  • Shantorian (Trackers, #2)
  • Epos The Winged Flame (Beast Quest, #6)
  • Curse of the Spider King (The Berinfell Prophecies, #1)
Korman wrote his first book, "This Can't be Happening at Macdonald Hall", when he was 12 years old, for a coach who suddenly found himself teaching 7th grade English. He later took that episode and created a book out of it, as well, in "The Sixth Grade Nickname Game", wherein Mr. Huge was based on that 7th grade teacher.

Korman moved to New York City, where he studied film and film writing. While i
More about Gordon Korman...

On The Run (6 books)
  • Chasing The Falconers (On The Run, #1)
  • The Fugitive Factor (On The Run, #2)
  • Now You See Them, Now You Don't (On The Run, #3)
  • The Stowaway Solution (On The Run, #4)
  • Public Enemies (On The Run, #5)
One False Note (The 39 Clues, #2) The Emperor's Code (The 39 Clues, #8) The Medusa Plot (39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #1) Schooled Swindle