Start by marking “Guenièvre, tome 2 : La Reine de Bretagne” as Want to Read:
Guenièvre, tome 2 : La Reine de Bretagne

Guenièvre, tome 2 : La Reine de Bretagne (Chrysalis Queen Quartet #2)

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  182 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
The second book in the Chrysalis Queen Quartet, starring the young Guinevere.

Much has changed over the last few months in Gwynedd, but Guinevere is still uncertain where her future lies. She recently made the unsettling discovery that she has been guarded all her life by a pagan tribe who believes she is destined to save them—they believe she and the great king will one da
Published January 16th 2003 by Le Pré aux Clercs (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Guenièvre, tome 2 , please sign up.

Amber
Jul 14, 2010 Amber rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Again I have found I have greatly enjoyed Nancy McKenzie's work. Her character development and knowledge of the time period makes the story and the people seem more real. I cannot wait until the next ones in the quartet come out. In the meantime, I think i will check out her other novels of Arthurian legends...
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Joan Stradling for TeensReadToo.com

Guinevere is still struggling to come to terms with the prophecy given at the time of her birth; a prophecy that foretold Guinevere would one day be wed to a great king and be the highest lady in the land.

She's also trying to come to terms with the young man the ancient tribe appointed as her personal guardian. As a ward of Queen Alyse and King Pellinore, she is invited to join them and her cousin, Princess Elaine, as they travel to a meeting of the
Leslie Barberie Blount
What an awesome book. I have always been fascinated by Arthur and Guinevere, but this story is the best. It starts when Guinevere is only 12 so we learn about how she grew up. The problem is it was supposed to be a "quartet" and there are only two books so far. I e-mailed the author and she says she hopes to publish them soon. I can't wait until they come out.
Priya
Mar 21, 2016 Priya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful sequel to Guinevere's Gift. I could not put this book down. The characters are wonderfull and the writing is elegant and superb. A must read for fans of Arthurian legends.
Alantie
Dec 23, 2015 Alantie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much like the previous book, I felt this was another nice look at a young Guinevere and a great fill in to the Queen of Camelot book for adults. Guinevere continues to be endearing and inspiring by just being herself. I've always enjoyed that she is able to be tomboyish and feminine both, and this continues to be the trend. I like that we start to see the seeds of what becomes Elaine's deeper hatred for Gwen as well as the dislike from Morgan as well. It is a nice tie in to QoC, though it also s ...more
Lia
Jan 27, 2013 Lia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: retellings
I thought I had already written my review for this book ... It has been a while since I read it now, but I still remember that it was just as wonderful as the first one. I'll have to go get it and read it again. I wonder when the third one will come out.
Catharine
Guinevere travels with her aunt, uncle, and cousin to meet King Arthur, but instead the meet Morgan, Arthur's sister. When Guinevere's guardian Llyr is accused of stealing a precious dagger, Guinevere must find out who is trying to hurt her and why.
Christine
Apr 23, 2012 Christine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun little series. This book is #2 apparently, but it was totally readable without having read the first one. It's about King Arthur's Guinevere when she's 13 and her first meet-up with Morgan Le Fey.
Cindy
Jan 04, 2010 Cindy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. The only thing I didn't enjoy was how the story didn't end. I'll have to wait for book three to find out how will end. Of course we all know the legends so I could probably just guess.
Elzbeth
Aug 31, 2010 Elzbeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second book in the Queen's Quartet, Gwen must save her friend Llyr from death, while exposing the true thief. But that could be hard when the thief might be the High King's own sister, Morgan.
Lea
Jul 03, 2012 Lea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's overall very good. There are some references to mature content and pagan gods.
Skoo
Jun 09, 2011 Skoo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as engaging as the first book. still a good read.
Ashley
Mar 13, 2012 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Again, I have a thing about Guinevere. Very much liked it.
Kelli
Jan 14, 2013 Kelli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So sad there's no #3. :(
Sarah Caddell
Sarah Caddell marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Gabrielle
Gabrielle marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Fivewincs
Fivewincs marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
Oksana Gonyailo
Oksana Gonyailo rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2016
Janet George
Janet George marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
cherish
cherish marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Jacy Sowards
Jacy Sowards rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2016
Annie
Annie rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2016
Danielle Shelley
Danielle Shelley marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Dayton Gray
Dayton Gray marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Teagan Burke
Teagan Burke is currently reading it
Jul 10, 2016
Mimi
Mimi marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Jess Dickey
Jess Dickey rated it liked it
May 28, 2016
Amy
Amy added it
May 25, 2016
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Nov 21, 2014 05:03PM
¿Por qué no una traducción al Español? 1 1 Oct 22, 2014 03:03PM
Translation to Spanish, why not? 1 1 Jul 07, 2014 05:31PM
  • The Serpent and the Grail (Arthor, #4)
  • Hobby (The Young Merlin Trilogy, #2)
  • The Adventures of Sir Givret the Short (Knights' Tales, #2)
  • Ultimate Magic (Merlin Saga, #8)
  • Destiny's Path (Warrior Princess, #2)
  • Gawain and Lady Green (Merlin's Harp, #2)
  • The Lady of the Sea (Tristan and Isolde, #3)
  • Cybermage (Worldweavers, #3)
  • I Am Morgan le Fay
  • The House of Windjammer (Windjammer, #1)
  • Guinevere Evermore (Guinevere, #3)
  • The Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Arthurian Legends
Nancy McKenzie is the author of several novels based on Arthurian tales. Guinevere’s Gift is her first novel for young adults. She lives in Danbury, Connecticut.
More about Nancy McKenzie...

Chrysalis Queen Quartet (2 books)
  • Guinevere's Gift (Chrysalis Queen Quartet, #1)

“She felt her future close upon her but unseen, like the sea behind the blowing veil of snow... She would follow Llyr's advice and face it a little every day...Day by day, step by step life would go forward. Eventually, the veil would lift, the cold would yield to the sun's warmth, and the world would be reborn. This dark time would pass.” 5 likes