Start by marking “Guenièvre, tome 2 : La Reine de Bretagne” as Want to Read:
Guenièvre, tome 2 : La Reine de Bretagne

Guenièvre, tome 2 : La Reine de Bretagne (Chrysalis Queen Quartet #2)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  163 ratings  ·  11 reviews
The second book in the Chrysalis Queen Quartet, starring the young Guinevere.

Much has changed over the last few months in Gwynedd, but Guinevere is still uncertain where her future lies. She recently made the unsettling discovery that she has been guarded all her life by a pagan tribe who believes she is destined to save them—they believe she and the great king will one da
Published January 16th 2003 by Le Pré aux Clercs (first published January 1st 2003)

Amber
Again I have found I have greatly enjoyed Nancy McKenzie's work. Her character development and knowledge of the time period makes the story and the people seem more real. I cannot wait until the next ones in the quartet come out. In the meantime, I think i will check out her other novels of Arthurian legends...
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Joan Stradling for TeensReadToo.com

Guinevere is still struggling to come to terms with the prophecy given at the time of her birth; a prophecy that foretold Guinevere would one day be wed to a great king and be the highest lady in the land.

She's also trying to come to terms with the young man the ancient tribe appointed as her personal guardian. As a ward of Queen Alyse and King Pellinore, she is invited to join them and her cousin, Princess Elaine, as they travel to a meeting of the
Lia
I thought I had already written my review for this book ... It has been a while since I read it now, but I still remember that it was just as wonderful as the first one. I'll have to go get it and read it again. I wonder when the third one will come out.
Catharine
Guinevere travels with her aunt, uncle, and cousin to meet King Arthur, but instead the meet Morgan, Arthur's sister. When Guinevere's guardian Llyr is accused of stealing a precious dagger, Guinevere must find out who is trying to hurt her and why.
Christine
This is a fun little series. This book is #2 apparently, but it was totally readable without having read the first one. It's about King Arthur's Guinevere when she's 13 and her first meet-up with Morgan Le Fey.
Cindy
I enjoyed this book. The only thing I didn't enjoy was how the story didn't end. I'll have to wait for book three to find out how will end. Of course we all know the legends so I could probably just guess.
Elzbeth
The second book in the Queen's Quartet, Gwen must save her friend Llyr from death, while exposing the true thief. But that could be hard when the thief might be the High King's own sister, Morgan.
Lea
It's overall very good. There are some references to mature content and pagan gods.
Skoo
Not as engaging as the first book. still a good read.
Ashley
Again, I have a thing about Guinevere. Very much liked it.
Madyson
Madyson marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Ali Jones
Ali Jones marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2015
Kate Novak
Kate Novak marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Leanne
Leanne marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Catherine Lehmann
Catherine Lehmann marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Alantie
Alantie marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Alicia
Alicia added it
Jun 16, 2015
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Nov 21, 2014 05:03PM
¿Por qué no una traducción al Español? 1 1 Oct 22, 2014 03:03PM
Translation to Spanish, why not? 1 1 Jul 07, 2014 05:31PM
  • Ultimate Magic (Merlin's Dragon trilogy, #3)
  • Gawain and Lady Green (Merlin's Harp, #2)
  • Hobby (The Young Merlin Trilogy, #2)
  • The Wolf and the Crown (Arthor, #3)
  • The Adventures of Sir Givret the Short (Knights' Tales, #2)
  • The Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Arthurian Legends
  • Destiny's Path (Warrior Princess, #2)
  • The Child of the Holy Grail (Guenevere, #3)
  • Cybermage (Worldweavers, #3)
  • I Am Morgan le Fay
  • The House of Windjammer (Windjammer, #1)
  • The Broken Sword (Forever King, #2)
Nancy McKenzie is the author of several novels based on Arthurian tales. Guinevere’s Gift is her first novel for young adults. She lives in Danbury, Connecticut.
More about Nancy McKenzie...

Chrysalis Queen Quartet (2 books)
  • Guinevere's Gift (Chrysalis Queen Quartet, #1)
Queen of Camelot The Child Queen: The Tale of Guinevere and King Arthur Grail Prince Guinevere's Gift (Chrysalis Queen Quartet, #1) High Queen

“She felt her future close upon her but unseen, like the sea behind the blowing veil of snow... She would follow Llyr's advice and face it a little every day...Day by day, step by step life would go forward. Eventually, the veil would lift, the cold would yield to the sun's warmth, and the world would be reborn. This dark time would pass.” 5 likes