Start by marking “The Thrifty Girl's Guide to Glamour: Living the Beautiful Life on Little or No Money” as Want to Read:

This practical yet posh little volume shows readers inventive, inexpensive ways to look as if they just stepped out of the pages of Vogue. They'll learn the secrets of top salons, couture dressing, and perfect poise--all for little or no money. From free cosmetics and makeovers to free plastic surgery, all the tricks and tips a faux princess dreams about are right here--fo ...more
Published August 28th 2006 by Polka Dot Press

To ask other readers questions about The Thrifty Girl's Guide to Glamour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Thrifty Girl's Guide to Glamour

Phyllis
Jul 16, 2013 Phyllis rated it it was ok
Good God, this was boring. This book was like being trapped at a cocktail party where everyone in attendance is a physical manifestation of an issue of REDBOOK from 2006 you read in a doctor's office. Bless her heart, Susie Galvez tries to punch it up with a bubbly just us girls tone and a barrage of quotes from famous ladies about beauty & glamour, but I don't think there's any way you can make home manicures and organizing your closet riveting reading.
Jessica
Jul 01, 2012 Jessica rated it did not like it
This is awful! Absolutely everything in this book has already been discussed in a magazine, on a blog, is common sense, or is plain INCORRECT.

I don't recall a single useful "thrifty" tip. They include such things as use the perfume samples in magazines (uh, that's what they're there for), and throw out the applicators that come with your makeup and buy brushes- how will that save you money???
Kim
Nov 13, 2008 Kim rated it really liked it
I wish I could go back in time a decade or so and give myself this book - would have made my life a lot easier. Now, it's a little redundant for me at times, but still a great resource.
Kate
Aug 07, 2007 Kate rated it really liked it
Some really good tips for us ladies! Includes guide to a step-by-step at home facial. For different skin care products recommended a common brand listed is Olay.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2016
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2016
Karina
Karina marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Brittany Ross
Brittany Ross rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2015
Elizabeth Moreno
Elizabeth Moreno marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
Joanne Udquin
Joanne Udquin marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Shan White
Shan White marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Gumbo77
Gumbo77 marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Marya
Marya marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Gayathri
Gayathri marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Jessamy
Jessamy marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2013
Ambercanread
Ambercanread marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2013
Samantha Goodison
Samantha Goodison marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2013
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was ok
May 02, 2013
Luv
Luv rated it it was ok
May 02, 2013
Amira
Amira marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2013
Helen
Helen rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2012
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
May 06, 2012
Denika Clay
Denika Clay is currently reading it
Jan 17, 2016
Cassie Chainay
Cassie Chainay marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2011
Paula
Paula rated it it was ok
Aug 13, 2011