Start by marking “Return to Yesterday” as Want to Read:
Return to Yesterday

Return to Yesterday

She never wanted a reconciliation

Six years ago Catlin Loring had stumbled on her husband in bed with another woman. Shattered, she'd fled New Zealand and begun a new life in Australia.

Now, forced to return to Conal for a favor, she was surprised to discover he wanted her back. "All's fair in love and war," he said. "This is both. I'll use any trick I can to get you into my
Paperback, Harlequin Presents #631, 186 pages
Published September 1st 1983 by Harlequin Books (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Return to Yesterday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return to Yesterday

Booklover
My god what a Horrible book,this is the first ever book that i have read n cursed myself for reading it(cursed myself cause i have a bad habit that what i ever i start reading i have to read till the end no matter how bad the book may be )so think how i made through the book

This is another one of those stories where you have a violent hero/alpha male, with a very young heroine, I was going to say imature but she's only 17 so she isn't supposed to be mature. Apparently the Hero was attracted to t
KatieV
Pretty conflicted on this one. It had some disturbing elements, no doubt. And there were a few quotes from the hero that were hideously 'OMFG, you did not just say that!'. Which, not gonna lie, I sometimes enjoy just for the sheer shock value effect. However, I'd tread lightly if rape and domestic abuse are a trigger.

Overall it's a gripping read, written in the older style of only getting the heroine's point of view. In some ways I prefer the old style, although in certain situations it is nice
boogenhagen
I like this because this is one of the earliest example's in HPlandia of how to make a cheating H work.

No one likes infidelity, and there is a distinct preference not to have that in a romance. Yet well done infidelity can take an average book from okay to best thing ever and really provide that happy warm glow and HEA believability I read romance for.

What RD knows and what the best HP writers will come to find out, is that if you are going to have a cheating H but provide a convincing HEA, a fe
StMargarets
Wow. I didn't think Robyn Donald could pull off a cheating hero who cheats (and rapes) but she did here. I won't go into the plot summary because Katie V did a great job in her review, but here's the basic scenario:

Heroine, 17, was in a marriage of convenience (unbeknownst to her) and discovered the hero having sex with another woman. When she confronts him, he forces himself on her. (They both call this rape – and we don’t see it in real time or in a detailed flashback). She runs away, goes to
Luv
2.5 stars. Here’s my problem with this book and a lot of Harleys with this theme. I hate it when the author start telling the story of reunited couples after all of the angst is over. They always start when the couple meet up again and pass up all the misery of the pass relationship that had caused the H/h to break up in the first place, which is the best part IMO. That’s the part I want to read. That’s the part that makes the book interesting. I want to experience all the horridness of the chea ...more
April Brookshire
Nov 28, 2012 April Brookshire rated it liked it
Shelves: harlequin
When I started reading this book, I thought the hero was a jackass and by the the time I finished, yeah, he was still a jackass.
Chantal ❤️
What can I say I love books where the hero is faithful after he messed up big time! In this book they also deal with marital rape and they don't gloss over it like it never happens and she is total devastated by what he did and he recognizes how it effected her and it destroys him. They have some power struggles but mostly he was very guilty ridden man who wanted to help a girl he had the hots for and did not know how to deal with her. It was a great read and I loved it.
bookjunkie
Nov 06, 2016 bookjunkie rated it did not like it
Shelves: harlequins
It was well-written and I wanted to like it, truly I did, but I'm forced to realize that cheating heroes are my trigger. It takes a LOT for me to get past infidelity and this one just couldn't get me through it. The hero kept, to the very end, referring to his extramarital affairs as "my women" and talked about how he "made love" to his mistress (why couldn't he just call it sex?). Maybe Catlin learned to be impervious in the end but it was all daggers to my heart. Couldn't enjoy it.
Vintage
You have to say this about the old skool Harley's, they have convoluted plots. The heroine, Catlin, ran away after two very unfortunate incidents: she caught her husband in bed with ow and then he seduced/raped her. As she was a virgin it hurt. A lot.

Six years later Catlin is back with a spine of steel. She handles her obnoxious MIL, and more importantly she lays out (verbally) the skanky and non-skanky women that have been lurking around her husband. Nice scenes when you compare it the Welcome
Tia
Apr 30, 2012 Tia rated it it was amazing
The hero married the heroine when she was just seventeen. When one night the heroine encounter her husband, the hero having sex with his mistress, she freaked out. The hero being goaded into it by her aggressiveness, in turn raped her. After her humiliating "rape" she left the comforts of New Zealand for Australia and remained there for six years. Now it's time the heroine faces the hero and her past and when it all comes together, it will surprise you!

I love love love this novel, it was great.
Lovemesomelove
Apr 04, 2016 Lovemesomelove rated it did not like it
Adensanti
Jun 28, 2016 Adensanti rated it did not like it
screw this one! i never enjoyed reading robyn donald's novels. but somehow i always read it out of curiosity of how crazy robyn's novel going to be. and it's always crazy.
she always makes her heroes as a cheating bastard and made every damn excused to make the heroine then saw the cheating as not that important, coz the hero needs to release his sexual frustation bcoz the heroine is either too young, not ready or he's confused.
this one is no execption. what logic does make sense to bring back yo
Lynn
it was written in 1983, and had a very different term to it...but since I grew up in the Luke and Laura era when i originally read it...it did not read the same way. Now I am older and while i remembered why i was more accepting of it then..not so much now. They prettied it up or the writer tried... but he raped her and he threatened most of the book to do it again if she ..."pushed him" he became only likeable at the very end and that was only because he got what he wanted. so i like dit enough ...more
willaful
Aug 26, 2010 willaful marked it as dnf
Going to start over later, I can't remember how it began.
Amimikey
Sep 18, 2014 Amimikey rated it it was ok
To be honest, I rarely give bad reviews..give me a book, I would read it and produce a positive type of reviews but this book...uh uh..no no..I just can't stand the hero keep putting the blame on the heroine and she was like,receiving the blame with open hand.He didn't try that hard to earn his wife's forgiveness for effing around with that Belinda whashername..what the f**k?! I finished it but still...my heart AND head hurts just from trying too hard to get to the ending..but still 3 stars for ...more
Jenny
Jul 05, 2015 Jenny rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned
Couldn't warm up to the writing style.
Aarann
Elaine (BlissfullyBooked)♡
I liked the book fine, who doesn't likes a Alpha Jerk but in Romances I believe it's not cheating unless the hero and heroine know that they love each other, I mean ofcourse it's cheating but when they don't love each other then what's the drama about?

They fall in love later on in the book and if they cheat on eachother after that then just.hell.no.

AND I THINK THE HERO WAS RIGHT. If he had sex with the heroine who was 17, the only thing that'd bind them would be their bedroom!
Su
Dec 19, 2016 Su rated it did not like it
Hardly any other H is as unlikable as this one. I simply hate consistently mocking attitude in men. In fact the word “mockery” in relation to H makes me mad!
Taking her to the crime site at the end of the book is extremely distasteful too.
This book is not one of the best attempts of Robyn Donald.
Ria
Its an ok read for me. Contrary to the negative reviews, i enjoyed it. The angst and the sexual tensions reaaly there. I dont normally enjoy H's having a kid but the author wrote it so beautifully that i didnt have to skipped pages.
Liqiu
Oct 23, 2012 Liqiu rated it liked it
Loved that the heroine was strong and feisty in the beginning.
Hated that the heroine cried rape then became amorous of the hero and lost her backbone.
Rose
Not very good. Unfaithful husband rapes wife for taking him to task, she runs away, he blackmails her back, attraction flares, they resolve their problems on one page and go to HEA.
sbf20112011
May 22, 2012 sbf20112011 rated it really liked it
This isn't fresh in my mind, but I really enjoyed it. I'm definitely working my way through this author's backlist. There was some hero cheating in this one, FYI, but it didn't bother me too much.
Nelly
Sep 11, 2015 Nelly rated it liked it
I liked of the way how the author wrote the history. BUT, I wanted that the man to bleed!!! He should suffer; to suffer very more!!!
Trishelle
Trishelle rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2013
Anita
Anita rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2012
Verity
Verity rated it did not like it
Jun 20, 2010
Reader
Reader rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2016
Sandra
Sandra rated it liked it
May 02, 2013
Shaz
Shaz rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Pagan Lover
  • Perkawinan (The Wedding)
  • By Love Bewitched
  • Bought with His Name
  • An Insatiable Passion
  • House of Glass
  • Love Unspoken
  • Dark Summer Dawn
  • Intangible Dream
  • The Mistress At Midnight (Midnight Masquerade, #3)
  • Besieged
  • Secret Sins
  • Another Time
  • Fiesta San Antonio (Cord & Stacy #2)
Robyn was born on 1940 in Northland, New Zealand, she was the oldest in herfamily, and as a child she thrilled her four sisters and one brother withbloodcurdling adventure tales, usually very like the latest book she'dborrowed from the library.

Robyn owes her writing career to two illnesses. The first was a younger sister's flu. She was living with her husband and her and spent most of thatwinter a
More about Robyn Donald...