Start by marking “Batman” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Alan Grant

Batman (Batman: No Man's Land YA Novel)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  186 ratings  ·  6 reviews

Has Batman deserted Gotham?

It's been three months since an earthquake almost destroyed Gotham City. Three months since nearly every decent person left, the city sealed off from the rest of the world by the federal government. Three months since Gotham fell into the hands of street gangs and the world's most dangerous criminals: Penguin. The Joker. Poison Ivy. Two-Face.

Published (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Batman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Batman

Keith Perena
I remember recieving my copy inside a dress box. Apart from this it also had 5 more books; and those were the first books my life.

No Man's Land holds a very special place for me with its dystopian take on a Gotham ran by various gangs made up of Batman's baddies. A washed up Gordon and the Dark Knight himself work on cleaning the streets and keeping the already derelict city in order - when order does not exist.
Matt Randall
This one was not as good as some of the other batman books I have read. However as superheros are a guilty pleasure, I still enjoyed it. Batman must relearn how to function in Gotham City after a giant earthquake levels the city and the national government declares it a No Mans Land.
I don't think this is the No Man's Land that my friend recommended to me. It lacked depth and was extremely juvenile, even for a young adult book. I tried to imagine the writing as if it were in a comic book, but even then, it was disappointing and far too simplistic and childish.
This book was intresting. Batman to me in this book seemed cold and disconnected in this book. And I have never really pictured Batman so disconnected. But overall this book was so so.
Levita Gonzalez
I loved the book. I enjoy the characters within comic books but have a hard time with the medium so when I find books with the characters I get super excited!
While the premise was interesting in the end the story was either dragging on to long or just pointless at times.
Isaiah Stewart
Isaiah Stewart marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Sharon Carlton
Sharon Carlton marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Nanda Afriani
Nanda Afriani marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Billy Candelaria
Billy Candelaria marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Jonathan Seale
Jonathan Seale marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Carter marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Tim Mallette
Tim Mallette marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Dt added it
Jun 21, 2015
Carolina marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
  • Deadpool: Wade Wilson's War
  • The Dark Knight Rises: The Official Novelization
  • Batman – The Dark Knight, Vol. 1:  Golden Dawn
  • Batman: Vampire
Alan Grant is a Scottish comic book writer known for writing Judge Dredd in 2000 AD as well as various Batman titles during the late 1980s and early 1990s. He is also the creator of the character Anarky.

Alan Grant first entered the comics industry in 1967 when he became an editor for D.C. Thomson before moving to London from Dundee in 1970 to work for IPC on various romance magazines. After going
More about Alan Grant...

Batman: No Man's Land (8 books)
  • Batman: Cataclysm
  • Batman: No Man's Land, Vol. 1
  • Batman: No Man's Land, Vol. 2
  • Batman: No Man's Land, Vol. 3
  • Batman: No Man's Land, Vol. 4
  • Batman: No Man's Land, Vol. 5
  • Batman: No Man's Land, Vol. 2 (New Edition)
  • Batman: No Man's Land, Vol. 4 (New Edition)