Start by marking “Die Mächte des Feuers (Drachen, #1)” as Want to Read:
Die Mächte des Feuers (Drachen, #1)

Die Mächte des Feuers (Drachen #1)

Seit Jahrhunderten werden die Geschicke der Welt in Wahrheit von übermächtigen Wesen gelenkt: den Drachen. Sie entfachen politische Konflikte, stürzen Könige und treiben Staaten in den Krieg. Doch nun schlagen die Menschen zurück … Im Jahr 1925 untersucht die Drachentöterin Silena eine Reihe mysteriöser Todesfälle. Immer neue geheimnisvolle Gegenspieler und Verbündete ersc ...more
Published September 1st 2006 by Piper (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Die Mächte des Feuers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Die Mächte des Feuers

Ann
The title roughly translates as "Powers of Fire", but unfortunately there's no official English translation of the book that I'm aware of.
Markus Heitz is a rather popular German fantasy author with a clear writing style and a knack for underlying humor in his characters. He's wrote - among other things - books starring Ork soldiers as the heroes and a six novel high fantasy series about politically warring kingdoms in a magical world: "Ulldart" (which is actually also a good read, though not a b
Mel (Daily Prophecy)
Not one of his best books, but still a nice book to read. The story goes about Selena and she's the last 'heir' of St. Joris. She fights against dragons in the air and she's very good at it.

Then everything starts to change. There's a dragon who wants the ultimate power and he'll do anything to get that. Even killing his own kind, the eldest dragons in the world.

Well, you get what you expect from Heitz. A lot of action, bloody fighting, betrayal and dead people/dragons. But there's more. A soft t
Elena
Jan 19, 2016 Elena rated it it was amazing
Still one of my favorite books by Markus Heitz and way better than the sequel. The worldbuilding is awesome and I love most of the characters, especially Vouivre. He's my problematic fave. I've had my problems with Silena the first time I've read this book but she has grown on me over time.
However the plot is a bit slow sometimes, tends to repeat itself eventually and there's a lot of running, fighting and things that could've been prevented if someone would've just used their brain.
But overall
Adastra
Oct 28, 2009 Adastra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: low-brow, deutsch
I didn't find it as brilliant or captivating as my last Heitz, but it's a fun read. Heitz has as always very well researched the folklore and history surrounding this story and turned it into a unique universe of dragons among us.
Kim
Nov 26, 2013 Kim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I initially picked it up just reading the title, and knowing is was Heitz's. Normally, I'm not so into Fantasy-adaptions of history, but somehow this really worked for me.
Marjanne Overpelt
Aug 02, 2014 Marjanne Overpelt rated it liked it
Niet echt het niveau van de dwergenboeken, maar een lekker vakantieverhaal vond ik het wel.
Karen
Oct 04, 2010 Karen rated it liked it
Nicht wundern, das ist auch mal wieder Weiterbildung für die Arbeit... ;-)
Dhoulmagus
Aug 09, 2011 Dhoulmagus rated it did not like it
Shelves: dropped
The beginning was very promising but it turns into an uninteresting story.
Buchstabenjunkie
Dec 07, 2012 Buchstabenjunkie rated it it was amazing
Wer lachen möchte, sollte dieses Buch lesen. Wer Angst vor Drachen wünscht, lest bitte dieses Buch. Wer Spannung allgemein will, ist mit diesem Buch genau richtig!
Flo Mair
Jul 26, 2011 Flo Mair rated it liked it
Spannend und actionreich inszeniert Heitz seine Geschichte um Drachen und Gargoyles. Gute Unterhaltung in Form einer etwas anderen Fantasy als man sie von Tolkien und Co. gewohnt ist.
Edwin Kort
Was een redelijk verhaal. niet echt boeiend maar ook weer niet zo dat ik het weg wou leggen.
Laura rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2013
Jordy Achten
Jordy Achten rated it liked it
Feb 05, 2015
Lars
Lars rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2010
Enoila
Enoila rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2011
Ste Ven
Ste Ven rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2016
Kristof
Kristof rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2014
Nicolas Forster
Nicolas Forster rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2016
Zoe_graystone
Zoe_graystone rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2016
Lpnp
Lpnp rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2012
Colin Groebel
Colin Groebel rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2012
Clara Winding
Clara Winding rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2017
D. Lehnfeld
D. Lehnfeld rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2016
Sinan
Sinan rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2014
Cat
Cat rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2015
Andrea
Andrea rated it it was ok
Jun 02, 2012
Rudi
Rudi rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2016
  • Elfenlicht (Die Elfen, #3)
  • Thor (Die Asgard-Saga, #1)
  • Die Trolle (Die Trolle, #1)
  • The Alchemist in the Shadows (The Cardinal's Blades #2)
  • Legion of Thunder (Orcs: First Blood, #2)
  • Lycidas (Uralte Metropole, #1)
  • De thuiskomst: Het Rijk van de Ouderlingen
  • Die Seiten der Welt (Die Seiten der Welt, #1)
  • Die Karte der Welt (Die Karte der Welt, #1)
  • Dead Moon
Markus Heitz is a German fantasy, horror and science fiction author, most famous for his five-book Dwarves saga.

Markus Heitz was born in Homburg in 1971. He studied history, literature, and the German language. He now lives in the town of Zweibrücken.
More about Markus Heitz...

Drachen (3 books)
  • Drachenkaiser (Drachen, #2)
  • Drachengift (Drachen, #3)