Start by marking “Watch Me” as Want to Read:

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  278 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Watch Me, by Holt, A.J.
Hardcover, First Edition, 326 pages
Published October 1st 1995 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Watch Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Watch Me

Jaye
Elly Wendy
1* This started out lame. The writing is weak, for example, so many tedious, long descriptions to introduce characters that I thought about getting a pen and notebook so I could figure out who was who. And it didn't get any better. The writing sounded more like an author's notes about characters who might be included in an upcoming novel, rather than a finished novel. I tried, but this one just isn't worth my time, other than as a good example of what not to do.
Charlotte (Buried in Books)
Denise
Haha, it's like Dexter meets The Net.
Christine
Overall, the story was decent. A little outdated since technology has advanced so much since this was written. The ending made me mad though. Didn't turn out as I had hoped and no closure...
Debbie Mcnally
A cop that finally takes out the trash
Paul Armstrong
Enjoyed it. Although the description of what psychopaths do to their victims was more than I personally liked. However, I accept it was important to the plot.
LJ
WATCH ME - Okay
Holt, A.J. - 1st in Jay Fletcher series

An agency hacker, Jay can use computers to find out anything about anybody. She uses her computer tracking system in an ongoing investigation of a serial killer, and this time she meets the killer in person, not just online. When she discovers that the murderer is hooked into a secret network of people playing a gruesome game, she makes her move.

A serial killer and vendetta FBI agent. I shan't be reading any more by this author.
Shaunna
If you like a good vendetta mixed with cyber crime and coupled with a wicked serial killer tale then this is the perfect book for you. I read it probably 15 years ago originally, so the computer terminology is a bit dated, but still an excellent read. Holt's serial killers are pretty creative beasts. The follow-up, Catch Me, is well done but not quite as good as Watch Me.
Rixiatrixie0-0
Not as good as Catch Me but still THIS BOOK IS TOTALLY AWESOME! Must read! If you haven't read this book but then u read Catch Me, dont worry! The two books dont really clash, this book is just the opening to Catch Me! I love Jay Fletcher! And the love the art work done by A.J. Holt's mind and fingers! READ!
Stacy Eaton
This was a great book. I wasn't sure if I liked it in the beginning seeming to jump back and forth. A little into it and I wanted to know what was happening in both cases I was disappointed when went back to other but it was put together to where there was no confusion on what was going on.
Janice
Stole this from my grandparent's house! I was a teenager and it was on their shelf of books they had finished. It was the beginning of my long career in swiping books from others... I am now a member of bookmooch.com where taking other's books is socially acceptable.
Ninamarie
DO NOT READ THIS BOOK. It will be a complete waste of good hours of your like, as it was mine. I loved Silence of the Lambs, and regularly enjoy murder mysteries, police and detective stories. This was one of the lower quality ones.
J.M.
To be completely honest, I can't recall anything about this story. I remember reading it but nothing at all stands out about it. In the end, I guess that's a more telling review than any other I could write.
Lindsay
Interesting plot concept-- like the show Dexter maybe? (I've never seen Dexter, so maybe I'm wrong.) The whole idea of a cop-turned-killer is a different twist, but I found the book average at best.
Michelle
WOW Interesting crime book. Main character cop becomes a serial killer. I don't watch "Dexter" but if you're a fan of that TV show you'll probably like this book. Wonder how the follow up books will go???
Ysanne
Did not finish because I was listening to the audiobook version. Reader has a strange, off-putting way of reading. I will pick it back up when I get a physical copy.
Leslie
A tad disturbing at first, but this book kept my attention glued to the pages. Will definitely be watching for more in this series.
Sylvia
Good idea but badly told. If u want to get totaly confused with a load of unnecessary computer terms...this is ur read. A waste of time.
Gigi
For those who liked Larsson's trilogy, this series comes as the closest. This is book 1 and I can't wait for book 2.
Matthuvius Manhandlinglambs
Revenge fantasy meets cyber-crime detail. Fun stuff. Some surprisingly muscular plot twists.
Deirdre S.
A good bit more graphic than I like. If you enjoy Dexter, you might like this.
Jennifer Diehl
Good thriller; dark and disturbing with vigilante justice. Enjoyed it.
Susan
Excellent first novel - mystery with cyberspace overtones. Very good read.
Jakey Fizzo
It was pretty cool, I wish I could find more books by this author.
Linda  Branham Greenwell
Someone is watching... A Cyberspace thrill. A really scary one
Pete
listened to book on tape
  • Pandora's Clock
  • Darkside
  • Category 7
  • Simple Simon (Art Jefferson, #4)
  • Irresistible
  • Opening Moves (Patrick Bowers Files, #0.5)
  • Deviant Ways
  • The Albino Knife (Matador, #6)
  • Nathan's Run
  • Afraid Of The Dark (Jack Swyteck, #9)
  • History of Roman Britain
  • Alternities
  • Kirlian Quest (Cluster, #3)
  • The Grid
  • The Ultimate Escape (Tom Clancy's Net Force Explorers, #4)
  • Women on the Case
  • The Crime Writer
  • Gorgon Child (Aubrey Knight, #2)
A.J. Holt is a pseudonym used by the Author Christopher Hyde