Touch the Wind

Touch the Wind

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  278 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Janet Dailey carries you away--from the wealth and glamour of a modern Texas city to the rugged majesty of Mexico's High Sierras.
Published September 2nd 1986 by Pocket Books (first published January 1st 1979)

To ask other readers questions about Touch the Wind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Touch the Wind

Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
This is the first romance novel I read when I was younger and the reason I reading and love romance books today. It's more sentimental to me than anything else. Would I give it 3 stars if I read it today? Nope. Not even close! But like I said, it's a sentimental read for me and I love it because of that:)
Mateus Bandeira
I've bought this book because a friend of mine told me it was really, really, REALLY good. She told me about the story, and I was like "Oh, okay, this sounds interesting." And it was good, at the beggining. I mean, the main character, Sheila (Fun fact: I could only imagine her as Dianna Agron), seemed like a strong female character, and the story was going great... until she was "kidnapped" (I don't even think I should call it that way).

Then, during the entire book, I was reading it with this sa...more
Noelle
This one was a pretty fun read,you have to keep in mind that it is very dated though. It's full of likeable characters .....and a few not so likeable. I would like to know if Laredo ever got his own book.......
Penney
I love this one and read it 4 times already.
Stacey
I can usually forget the cliches, sexism, etc. in romance novels, but this one was a bit much. Maybe I needed to tap into my love of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers to get into the romantic aspects of Stockholm Syndrome and rape...

I read this for a class. And I am not embarrassed to admit that I needed to justify why I read it. However, I'll voluntarily and gladly read another romance novel.
Cleta
This is the book that got me started reading when my exhusband and I was starting out we didn't have a washer and dryer so I was at the laundrymat and I picked this book up there and couldn't put it down here it is 25 years later and I still have that very same book I read it over about once a year.
Lauren
this has to be ny favourite book ever.this book is not your typical predictable book.the ending my gosh janet it could have ended better.love rafaga his a different hero,all in all a g8t book
Paty Hamdan
Já faz um tempo que estava louca para ler o livro A Carícia do Vento, tão bem recomendando e cotado nas redes sociais literárias, mas o tempo e a falta de oportunidade me impediam de lê-lo, mas no começo desse ano resolvi colocar essa leitura no top da minha lista, e claro que não me arrependi.

Há anos vejo ótimos comentários acerca desse livro, o meu maior medo ao lê-lo seria acabar me decepcionando. Com uma premissa um tanto controversa o livro é surpreendente e, apesar de sido lançado em 1979,...more
Carla
Rafaga=Unforgettable hero
Adriana Fogaça
A Carícia do Vento.
Janet Dailey.
BestSeller.
1986.

As montanhas mexicanas é o cenário perfeito para uma estória fascinante, este com certeza é o melhor romance da autora Janet Dailey. Já li vários romances da autora, mas "A Carícia do Vento" supera os demais em vários aspectos.

Janet normalmente descreve personagens maravilhosos e contraditórios, porque na realidade são humanos e não idealizados. Como Ráfaga cria seu próprio mundo nas montanhas, e lá tudo o que ele diz é lei. Mas o mundo não é perfe...more
Kati
This was the first romance I ever read, thanks to Mom's saying that I could read ANYTHING on the big bookcase in the livingroom. Apparently she'd forgotten she had a couple Janet Dailey on that bookcase. I was 7th grade, and prior to this book, all I knew about sex, I'd learned from some adolescent book written by Dobson. This novel taught me more about sex than I would've probably learned in a dozen years, living in my parents home. Obviously now I'd have some issues with the plot, knowing that...more
Michelyn Lea
I'm giving this 4 stars because of nostalgia and b/c it was not as horrible reading it a hundred years later like I thought it might be. This was one of 3 romance books that I somehow read way to young. I had the actual book forever, but lost it somewhere and now found again on Amazon. I'll probably reread it again sometime in the future:D
Caroline
My first real romance book so it will always hold a special place in my heart. It's not perfect but I always enjoy reading it.
Pamela
This romance is an oldie but goodie. Overlook some of the old 1970's references and read it for the great love story.
Becky
One of my all time fav, I started it at midnight and finished at 4 am.
A must read!
Thaís
I don't know why i like this novel. There's just so much to hate in it.
Victoria
My first love story.. Read this when I was 13!!!
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Amanda
Amanda added it
Aug 02, 2014
Delores Alger
Delores Alger marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
  • Savage Autumn
  • Fair is the Rose
  • The Pleasures of Sin
  • Lie Down In Roses
  • Lily
  • Wicked Loving Lies (Morgan-Challenger, #3)
  • The Duke's Captive (Winter Garden #4)
  • Tender Betrayal
  • Gilded Cage
  • Gypsy Lady
  • Desert Hostage
  • The Copeland Bride
  • Compromised Hearts
  • Billionaire's Proposition (Silhouette Desire, #1699)
  • Gypsy Lord (Garrick, #1)
  • Tender Fury
  • Tiger's Eye
  • Magic Embrace
Janet Anne Haradon Dailey was an American author of numerous romance novels as Janet Dailey (her married name). Her novels have been translated into nineteen languages and have sold over 300 million copies worldwide.

Born in 1944 in Storm Lake, Iowa, she attended secretarial school in Omaha, Nebraska before meeting her husband, Bill. Bill and Janet worked together in construction and land developme...more
More about Janet Dailey...
This Calder Sky (Calder Saga #3) This Calder Range (Calder Saga #1) Calder Pride (Calder Saga #5) Stands A Calder Man (Calder Saga #2) Calder Born, Calder Bred (Calder Saga #4)