Evaluating Beer

Evaluating Beer

2.62 of 5 stars 2.62  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  3 reviews
From defining off-flavors to analyzing competition-winning beers, Evaluating Beer will help develop your tasting and evaluating skills.
Published January 26th 1998 by Brewers Publications (first published January 25th 1993)

Andrew Bell
Extremely dry and very dated. Not really recomended at this point, there are far better texts out here. To be fair this book was published in 1993 (when craft brewing was in its infancy). Many of the styles and accept trends of beer in the last decade were not even in the dreams of brewers back then. It is extremely technical, but most of that is dated as well. Interesting to see if you are a recent BJCP or interested in beer judging from a few decades ago, but it has very little practical appli...more
Beau Belger
Written by some of the greatest beer minds of modern times, these men and women took beer from a 4 letter word to a work of art that is only appreciated fully by an educated drinker. It drives my interest in the art of brewing and evaluating brews, and gave interesting insight into that lovely liquid we have come to know as beer.
Ben
I was hoping for more information on how to taste beer and various techniques for untangling and describing the multitude of aromas and flavors that I find in beer. Instead I got several essays on how important and difficult evaluating beer is.
Dustin Underwood
Dustin Underwood marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2013
Matt
Matt added it
Aug 18, 2012
Brandon
Brandon marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2011
Will
Will marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2011
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2009