Start by marking “The Rough Guide to London” as Want to Read:
The Rough Guide to London

The Rough Guide to London

A streetwise guide to London which features all the major sights, from Buckingham Palace to the new Legoland in Windsor, along with other less well-known attractions such as the Pet Cemetery near Hyde Park and the secret rooftop garden on Kensington High Street. The city's best pubs, restaurants and hotels are reviewed and a critical coverage of London's club, music and th ...more
Published March 1st 1999 by Rough Guides Limited (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Rough Guide to London, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rough Guide to London

Melissa
Jun 12, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rough Guides have reformatted and updated a good number of their guides including London. I have the newest one and I love the new format. Great coverage of the city, it is divided by neighbourhoods. Also divided by attractions that are north, south, east, and west. I find this edition easier to read, and the addition of more full colour pictures is nice. The best thing however are the maps. There are way more and easy to read and very accurate. You won't need anything else to help you explore t ...more
Edmund
Jul 05, 2008 Edmund rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
If you take one guidebook to London, this is the one.
Note: In my opinion the "Rough Guide' series of guide books are the best by a mile.
Adrian
If your looking for a guide for London then this book is the only one you will ever need.
A superb read from start to finnish.
Erin
Nov 30, 2016 Erin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The most useful guidebook of the ones I looked at, both before and during my trip to London; I especially liked the neighborhood-based structure of the guide.
Tim
Dec 15, 2014 Tim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am glad to see this is still in print. I have an edition from 10 years ago, and I reread a lot of it before tossing it - but if I go to London again, and I would like to, I am grabbing it again. Humphreys provides lots of enjoyable background and color for most of the major locations in central London, and many of the surrounding areas as well. The writing is cultured and smart, but still accessible for the average reader, and there is a good amount of dry English humor as well. This is not so ...more
Lucy
Nov 30, 2016 Lucy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is a good guide and has many ways of demonstrating some of the better places in London to see aside from Touristy spots. I like the bits of information it adds about "battles and times" so there are pieces about the WWI or WWII. Also there is a little piece here and there about the War of The Roses etc. The Timeline is quite handy for readers who havent much knowledge on London..

Its a great overview as a rough guide to London ^-^
Tania
Jul 27, 2007 Tania added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: monkeys
Shelves: didntfinish
I'm going there! I like a Rough Guide for this trip in part because they're Brits, so hopefully they know what they're talking about. 'Course I'll be looking through several others as well. I'm going at the end of August, with me Mum.
S.
Nov 21, 2016 S. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
rehber kitaplarını genelde sevmem; fotoğraflar kalitesiz, gereksiz bilgilerle ve tarih detaylarıyla dolu tanıtım yazıları yavan ve sıkıcı olur. ilk kez bir şehir rehberini sevdim; fotoğrafları sevdim, detaylı ama genel bilgi veren yazıları sevdim ve kitabın derli toplu olmasını da sevdim.
Elizabeth Tilley
Solid guidebook with good descriptions and context.
Frances
Aug 13, 2014 Frances rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, travel
Detailed travel guide, sorted by area, which I like.
Serena
Serena rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2013
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2013
Martin
Martin rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2009
Dem
Dem rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2013
Eric
Eric rated it it was ok
Apr 25, 2012
Ralf
Ralf rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2013
Mell
Scanned this book's recommendations. Has some good ideas.
David Messenger
David Messenger rated it it was ok
Dec 28, 2015
Laura rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2009
John Dare
John Dare rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2013
Hans-peter
Hans-peter rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2012
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2010
Sören Von Delft
Sören Von Delft rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2015
Heather R. Narvaez
Heather R. Narvaez rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2015
Inge
Inge rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2014
John O
John O rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2013
Krystal Hart
Krystal Hart rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2016
Scott O'Dell
Scott O'Dell rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Kristine
Kristine rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2012
Chris
Chris rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2007
« previous 1 3 next »
Rough Guides is a leading publisher of travel and reference information, respected for their accurate, up-to-date content and informed contemporary writing.
More about Rough Guides...