Start by marking “Down In Texas” as Want to Read:
Down In Texas

Down In Texas

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  425 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Down in Texas, there's a little town called Honkeytonk, where the women get exactly what they want... and the men know just how to give it to them.

Wearing His Brand

Lyssa McDonough just got tangled up in a coil of barbed wire, and her clothes are ripped to shreds. Rancher Brandon Tynan to the rescue--but why is she so ornery? Could it be that the whole state of Texas isn't
Trade Paperback, 240 pages
Published November 1st 2008 by Aphrodisia (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Down In Texas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Down In Texas

Tempted by Megan HartThe Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonSexy Devil by Sasha WhiteLover Mine by J.R. WardLord of the Deep by Dawn Thompson
Hottest Romance/Erotica Covers
101st out of 979 books — 1,230 voters
Cowgirl Up and Ride by Lorelei JamesLong Hard Ride by Lorelei JamesRough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei JamesTied Up, Tied Down by Lorelei JamesAll Jacked Up by Lorelei James
SAVE A HORSE RIDE A COWBOY
157th out of 570 books — 621 voters

More lists with this book...

Auntee
Apr 15, 2009 Auntee rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of erotic anthologies featuring cowboy types
I'm not the biggest anthology fan--usually I can take 'em or leave 'em--but I really enjoyed this one. Maybe because it didn't feel like an anthology to me, but more like one continuous novel focusing on three separate couples. It definitely helped that all three stories were written by the same author (no jarring differences in style to break up the mood) and there was a family connection to each of the three couples in the book, and hey--they were cowboys!

In Wearing His Brand Lyssa McDonough
MelissaB
Apr 23, 2009 MelissaB rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to MelissaB by: Auntee
This book had three short stories featuring two cowboy heroes and one wounded soldier who is also a cowboy. I enjoyed all three stories but they were too short, I wished for a little more fleshing out of the characters and plots. The love scenes weren't really hot enough for me to consider this "romantica" but they were still good and sexy. The three stories were inter-connected so we do get to see the first two couples in the last story but I really would have wished for about 100 more pages to ...more
Julie (jjmachshev)
Feb 14, 2009 Julie (jjmachshev) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Julie (jjmachshev) by: Marion
Shelves: erotica, 2009-reads
"Down in Texas" is a three story western erotica anthology from Delilah Devlin. The stories center on two ranching families in Texas finding love and a whole lotta steamy sex.

"Wearing His Brand" - What happens when the one man you want is the one who promised your brother he'd keep you safe? Well, you could just push him past his edge...as long as you can handle it. ***Sizzling

"Slow Ride" - Daniel had the hots for his boss's wife seven years ago. Now she's a widow and he'll have to find a way to
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover ❤️ & KA Addict
WOW....that was quite a steamy read!! I could have used Karla's misting fan a couple of times!!!!
Christel
Nov 15, 2008 Christel rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: any of the Purvettes
Ther is a warning on the back of this book. and it rights very hot read. Purvettes belly up to the bar and get this one. You won;t regret it
Kathrynn
There were three short stories packed in this Trade Paperback. All written by the same author and all connected.

1. Wearing His Brand

I didn't care much for this story because I felt the heroine was too aggressive, manipulative and a tease. The hero was too dominant for me and I didn't find their intimate scenes sexy based on that.

2 Stars

2. Slow Ride

This was my favorite of the three. It involved a 7 year age difference where the heroine was older, widowed and had been attracted to the hero since h
Ellie
I love short stories and I love stories that take place in Texas, so this was a no brainer for me.

Three stories, all taking place in the same town. An oddity was that every so often I would be surprised of the presence of electricity or a car in the story. They take place in modern times but you'd hardly know it by how the men act, how everyone talks and the overall feeling of the book. That was a little weird.

The stories in this book were not as good as the ones in Texas Men (same author) whic
Jessica Alcazar
Once again, the cowboys of Honkeytonk DO NOT DISAPPOINT. What a FUN read.
The only thing that I wish I would have done was read this book before Texas Men. The books are not exactly connected except for geography, with the exception of Tara Toomey who plays a role in all three of these stories but gets her HEA in the first story of Texas Men....I'm just weird like that. It felt weird reading about her and knowing what her future already held.
So note to Ms Devlin ... mark these books as a series!
Stephanie
Just okay. Not as good as the second book Texas Men. Lots o' sex!

Mac and Sukis story was the best of the three, but jesus I hated her name.

Maybe a little too much, "Ugggg I cant be with you, can't, can't, just can't........Oh god I love you marry me now!" Of course that is what you get with a short story.
Natasja
Wearing his brand:
Lyssa McDonough always loved Brandon Tynan, but he always keeps his distance. Now she is caught in a barbed wire fence and Brandon is her rescuer. Brandon takes her home to take care of her wounds and send her back to her ranch. He promised her brother and his best friend Mac, that he will keep an eye on her when he’s away. But it is getting harder and harder to ignore his feelings for Lyssa.

Slow Ride
Daniel Tynan is back at the Dermott farm as a horse trainer. Maggie Dermott is
Crystal S
Three novellas all closely related to each other. Wearing His Brand was Brandon and Lyssa's story. It wasn't too bad. If I'm going to read a novella or short story and be expected to believe a HEA then I prefer the couple to know each other well beforehand. And that was the case with Lyssa and Brandon. So yay for that. I don't really like to read stories though where the hero treats the heroine like a child (even if she gets off on that kinda thing.) That's where this story failed me. Slow Ride ...more
Emily
Wearing His Brand

Lyssa McDounough knows the only way to get Brandon Tynan to notice her is to get him spitting mad. Fortunately she does it quite regularly and relishes the idea that one day he may act on all that passion. Brand has been fighting himself over wanting Lyssa, but he knows just one taste is all it would take to make him want to claim her as his own.

Slow Ride

Daniel Tynan never has found the right women for him, the only one he ever cared about heart and soul was already taken. Year
Jill Dunlop
Down in Texas is an anthology of three stort stories written by Delilah Devin. All three of the stories are centered around two ranching families the McDonoughs and the Dermotts.

Wearing His Brand
In this first story Lyssa and Brand Tynan have grown up together. Lyssa has lusted after Brand for years but he has always treated her like a little sister, since she is his best friend's sister after all. Brand has been tasked with looking after Lyssa while her big brother Mac is off on a military miss
starsaga
So good, these stories are on my keeper shelf!
This set of three stories are the best short stories if you want romance, hot smexing and a well crafted story. What is missing is length and fullness. I loved Brand and Lyssa, Daniel and Maggie and Suki and Mac. I liked them all as people, they were lovely and it was amazing how well written these stories about them are. I liked the story of Daniel best, I want more of him, something about his head-over-heels love even when there was no chance of it
Pam
This was a pretty good anthology. As with all anthologies, some are good stories and some not so much. I think each story from 1, 2 3rd all went in the order for which were best as well. The last being the most unbelievable because the two people didn't know one thing about each other. The other two stories, the couples knew each other and it was just a matter of one convincing another. Good, but not great. I have like other books by the author though - short stories and the like. So I'll contin ...more
Molly Piscitello
hot cowboy stories
Jess
This one was an anthology.. and I was really surprised that I liked it. I usually have trouble with anthologies because more or less one of the stories sucks. But this one was just kind of written like a continuous book just with different perspectives. All of the characters in each story are connected so it flows better.

I think my favorite story was Mac and Suki. They were just funny as hell.

I will definitely be looking into more books by this author.
Fay Ann Hollcroft
Delilah Devlin surely knows how to put 3 strong novellas together. These were GREAT! I'm getting kind of burnt out on anthologies. If more are done like this one then I could really get into reading many, many more & have loads of fun doing it. All 3 were slightly tied into each other which I like GREATLY.
Amy
It was okay. Three stories in one. The first story of Brand and Lyssa, second story about Brand's brother Danny, and the third story about Lyssa's brother Mac. I lost interest part of the way through the third story. I became bored of reading about Texas ranches and rustling up cattle.
R. C.
**3-1/2 Stars**

Decent group of 3 stories. All m/f with cowboys and all smokin hot. Enjoyed the last one with the tortured alpha the most. Will be looking for more stories like these from D. Devlin!
Judith
Anything written bu Delilah Devlin is sure to heat up the atmosphere and wildly entertain. This is a must have/must read, a terrific book by a stron author who captivates you from forst word to last.
Nancy
Really loved these short stories about a close ranching family. Melting hot with good stories and romantic ending. Looking forward to Texas Men.
Michelle
Hot erotica, but the storylines were just ok. Writing wasn't the best, and the romance between the couples wasn't totally believable.
SY
I needed some quick steamy cowboy stories and this hit the spot. They kind of reminded me of Really steamy Diane Palmer.
Wminbc
I do so enjoy Honkytonk...Those Texas men are funny, sexy and all too Alpha...worth keeping on the re-read shelf.
Michelle the Romance Witch
overall three stars... very hot sex scenes for sure, but coulda used a but more plot line... prefectly Devlin!
Dina
There are 4 forgettable, boring stories. Not much is going on outside the bed, couldn’t make myself care
Karen
TOTALLY HOT BOOK!!! I've been trying to get all of her cowboy books!!! read this in a day!!! SMOKIN HOT!!!!
Mitzi
3 short stories by Delilah.

Wearing his Brand, Slow Ride and Straight Up Soldeier.

Pretty good.
Melanie♥
All three stories in this collection were good! Plenty of steam and a little bit of suspense.
  • The Real Deal (Roped, #1)
  • Wildcard (Wild, #3)
  • Colt's Choice (Bad in Boots, #3)
  • Untamed: Riding West & Lawless (Untamed #1 & 2)
  • Men to Die For
  • Where Have All the Cowboys Gone? (Turner Brothers, #1)
  • A Tall Dark Cowboy
  • Men On Fire
  • Cady's Cowboy (Crime Tells, #2)
  • Wild West Boys (Wild West Boys, #1 & #2)
  • Unbridled
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed
  • Rough Stock
  • A Hot Man Is the Best Revenge
  • I Love This Bar (Honky Tonk, #1)
  • The Twelve Quickies of Christmas (Volume 2)
  • Tempting Tori (Courage Brothers of Texas, #1)
  • Three's Company
Delilah Devlin is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author with a rapidly expanding reputation for writing deliciously edgy stories with complex characters. Whether creating dark, erotically-charged paranormal worlds or richly descriptive westerns that ring with authenticity, Delilah Devlin “pens in uncharted territory that will leave the readers breathless and hungering for more…” www.De ...more
More about Delilah Devlin...
Unbridled (Lone Star Lovers, # 1) Saddled Five Ways 'til Sunday (Delta Heat, #1) Breaking Leather (Lone Star Lovers, #4) Four Sworn (Lone Star Lovers, #3)