Start by marking “For Earth's Sake: 50 Ideas to Help Save the Planet” as Want to Read:
For Earth's Sake: 50 Ideas to Help Save the Planet

For Earth's Sake: 50 Ideas to Help Save the Planet

Magnificent full-color photographs coupled with practical tips guide young readers to save our planet.

In 50 Ways to Save the Earth, readers learn easy, meaningful ways to help reduce their carbon footprints, from saving energy and caring for water to putting the dustbin on a diet. Describing fifty simple daily actions, this book shows children that they can have a positive
Published May 1st 2008 by Abrams Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about For Earth's Sake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For Earth's Sake

cj
Aug 24, 2009 cj added it
Shelves: kids-non-fiction
Short & Sweet:
The pictures drew me to this book. Published by Abrams Books for Young Readers, it is everything an Abrams books should be.
The environmental tips are the standard ones, eat local, recycle etc, but there are some interesting facts that I was not aware of. (For example, over 12 million acres of forest is used as fuel every year to dry tobacco.)
Ironically, it does not appear that any environmentally friendly papers or ink were used to create the book, and there are not any source
Kimberly
Interesting facts mixed with reinforcement of standard earth-saving ideas. I felt horribly guilty when I forgot my reusable bags at the grocery story today after reading this just last night. Beautiful photographs within as well.
Denise
Denise rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2009
Dawn Richardson
Dawn Richardson marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Paul Mayer
Paul Mayer marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016