Island Counting 1 2 3

Island Counting 1 2 3

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  6 reviews
"A fiesta of colors and images dominate this shimmering, educational book." — PUBLISHERS WEEKLY

Take a trip to the Caribbean, where one little island offers many exotic items to count! Here the three hilltop houses are painted in tropical hues, the five market ladies wear shady hats, the nine limbo dancers sway on a sunny beach, and the ten wildly dressed children celebrate...more
Board Book, 24 pages
Published December 26th 2007 by Candlewick Press (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Island Counting 1 2 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Island Counting 1 2 3

Jack Kirby and the X-man
Frane Lessac has done a fantastic job with this counting book. Get an introduction to Caribbean life, while learning to count!

The thing I like most about this book is that in addition to the item mentioned in the text (e.g. Four donkeys) the illustrations include many other items to count (e.g. four windmill blades, four baskets of fruit (each with four items in them), four clouds, four palm trees, four flowers, four cows, etc, etc).
Samantha Penrose
This book counts form one to ten and includes bright, pretty illustrations, rhythm and rhyme, and an introduction to island life. Each page includes multiple things to count. (The text may mention two parrots, but aside from the two parrots, you will find two palm trees, two lizards, two butterflies, two lady bugs, etc).
This book is an awesome island paradise of counting fun!
Laree Brown
I think that this book will be a great educational tool for PRe-K - Kindergarten students who are just learning how to count. It will also be good for teachers to use in a read aoud and the students can predict what the next number will be.
Amanda
Since my son is such a number freak, this was heavily requested when we had it from the library. I loved the bright, fun pictures and the short rhyming story.
Cute, if stereotyped view of island life, also shady hats are not hats that provide shade, but dubious hats that perhaps a spy might wear.
Jaime
Hands down the best counting book around. It taught my daughter to count when I wasn't even trying--and at a very young age.
Dee
Dee added it
Jul 20, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2013
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2013
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
May 27, 2012
Frané Lessac
Sep 09, 2010 Frané Lessac rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Emmylou Baird
Emmylou Baird marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2010
Frané Lessac is an author and illustrator, having created beautiful illustrations for more than forty books. Frané’s first book My Little Island, was named a Children's Book of the Year by the Library of Congress, a compilation of her paintings from Montserrat. She has contributed her distinctive paintings to many picture books, including On the Same Day in March named Top Ten Science Books by ALA...more
More about Frané Lessac...
My Little Island Caribbean Alphabet Camp Granada: Sing-Along Camp Songs Caribbean Canvas Our Big Island