Start by marking “A Christmas Star (Cape Light #9)” as Want to Read:
A Christmas Star (Cape Light #9)

A Christmas Star (Cape Light #9)

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  496 ratings  ·  43 reviews
A brand new novel in which Christmas brightens a bleak Cape Light winter.

In a town like Cape Light, there's always room in the inn. But when hardships bring people together under one roof, things don't always go smoothly.

Sam and Jessica Morgan's holiday joy screeches to a halt when they lose their house to a fire. The heartbreaking loss weighs heavily on their relationship
Published October 7th 2008 by Berkley Hardcover (first published 2008)

Ronda  Tutt
This book is about how life can be taken forgranted, how life can pass a way in a blink of an eye if you don't live it. When I give a book 5 stars it usually because the book moved me in some way or got some kind of reaction out of my feelings whether it was laughter, anger, crying, etc... this book disturb me and made me angry at one of the female characters. I believe that when you are truely in love and marry someone that no matter how hard times get or how much loss you go through especially ...more
Sarah Lawson

Another favorite author. Wow, wow. Not only an author but a wonderful artist. I love Christmas novels & he wrote several more which I am so looking forward to reading as well as all his novels :). A lovely Christian man.
Sandy
Nov 23, 2008 Sandy is currently reading it
Reading the Thomas Kinkade books is like walking into one of his paintings, quaint, but life-like. The fact that the family has lost their house to a fire is all too familiar and realistic. Their responses are very real
Donna
Sam and Jessica Morgan have recently got their Christmas tree from Jack Sawyer's Tree Farm. All the decorations are hung and the family is looking forward to Christmas. Everyone is sleeping soundly in bed, when Jessica hears a noise: the fire alarm. She awakens Sam and they quickly get their children out of the house before their wonderful home is engulfed in flames. They know they are grateful for everyone getting out alive, but Darrell, their son, goes back inside to retrieve their dog, Reilly ...more
Julie Barrett
A Christmas Star Cape Light by Thomas Kinkaid and Katherine Spenser
Jessica and Sam are displaced by the fire. Relatives and friends have them stay at their houses and wear their clothes. The kids suffer the loss as well. As they move from house to house they realize they do have
options, some would separate the family, another will keep them together but in a smaller space.
Rev. Ben is always helping others..
Tree farmer Jack Sawyer is grieving still as he lost his wife just a few months ago and w
Anna
An interesting story with a satisfying ending. There are a few somewhat boring parts. Overall, it's definitely not the most well-written book. It could have used a little more editing; there were several grammatical errors, and I felt that the author just kept going around and around, describing how everyone's emotions over and over without really getting anywhere. I did still enjoy reading it, but I doubt I'll ever read it again.

Summary: Jessica and Sam Morgan's house burn down a few days afte
Amy
I really enjoyed the story of Jack and Julie. It was such a sweet story and made me smile. The story of the Morgan's was okay. I did find myself wondering how I would react if I lost everything in a fire. Overall the book was pretty good and I did enjoy reading it. I wish it was just a little longer but it was still good
Loraine
Thomas Kinkade continues the saga of the people in Cape Light with this Christmas story. Sam and Jessica have worked hard to restore an old Victorian house. When tragedy strikes their family, will the lose their way or realize that their family is the most important thing they have. Jack has lost his way after losing his wife Claire. When Julie and her daughter Kate show up at his door, will these unknown angels change his life?

Kinkade once again pulls you in to the characters of Cape Light and
Brian Wilson
Not too bad of a book....however, if it had to do with anything other than Christmas than it would be a 2 star book. I adore Christmas and am infatuated with reading about it, watching movies about it, you name it and the list goes on and on. For a Christmas book, it was a happy heart-warming, predictable book. People have some trouble, trouble gets fixed, and everyone is happy by the fireplace on Christmas Day. Now, if this were not a Christmas story, I would probably have been better of watchi ...more
Dana
The message I got through this story really resonated with me. We really need to talk and listen to each other. When we take in what someone is telling us and not just hearing it, we can grow in our understanding of ourselves. Underneath all of the trappings of life we are all the same.
Jean
An okay story. A little boring.
Mary Cullinan
Good and quick read.
Linda
Enjoy this series. Always an entertaining read.
Alona Perlin
I really loved this book! It was the best Thomas Kincaide book I've ever read. I honestly couldn't put it down! The book was enchanting, heart-warming and romantic. The characters were memorable and I really enjoyed being in their world. I read the book in 3 days. Thank you to Thomas Kincaide and Katherine Spencer for this wonderful book. I am looking forward to reading more of the Cape Light series and especially following the adventures of Julie, Jack and Kate...
Gail Jorgensen
by now I feel like I live in cape light and are related to the people there.This book has some emotional happenings could not wait to see how they turned out.
Jack
An absolute atrocity from a series that refuses to admit its ineptitude and irrelevance. The writing is clumsy and bereft of proper syntax (and in several places, of proper spelling as well). The plot is sappy and the narrative monstrously dull. I'm only glad this came around toward the end of my workday, as I'm not sure I could have continued much longer with this or any of its ilk.
Amy A.
I picked this book up at a libary book sale to read during the Christmas season, but never made it to this book in my stack until January...decided to read it anyway.
I didn't even realize that Thomas Kinkade wrote books! It was a sweet, feel good book...for Christmas time or any other time. Who wouldn't like a story with such happy ending(s)?
Darlene Wilson
Dec 04, 2008 Darlene Wilson rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Darlene by: Tisdale Community Library
Good to get back to the families and friends at Cape Light -- I always find something to note -- to keep forever -- in Th. Kincaid's books. This lovely Christmas one was no exception.
Here's a quote for you -- "Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backward." I like that one. . .
Donna Mcnab
This is a nice "Chicken Soup" good feeling type book, which suited because I read it while getting through a heavy headcold. I like Thomas Kinkade's Cape Light series, sometimes I think as much for the Kinkade paintings on the dust covers as the books themselves.
Sue
This is my ninth book in the Cape Light Series. Reading one of these books is like visiting with old friends - comfortable and warm. Sometimes I use these books as a "palate cleanser" between books - a change of scenery that doesn't take a lot of effort.
Karen
Definitely not up to par with the rest of the Cape Light series. Slow moving, outcome predictable. Won't rule out reading the rest based on this one book. The entire series has been worthwhile reading and I would highly recommend the rest of the books.
Linda
This was a reread for me to bring me up to speed on where the series left off and it was as good the second time around as the first. It deals with a tragic loss for one of the family's, adds a new character with hardships of their own and a surprise ending.
Joan Arning
After a few rough spots when their home burns, the Morgans learn what is important. Jack Sawyer thinks his life is over when his wife dies and his son leaves home. Christmas miracles do happen.
Melinda
I love the Cape Light books...you get sucked into the lives of the characters in this little town and love to hear little snippets of how they are doing since the earlier books. Easy read...just a little fluff is good every once in a while :)
Sabrina Bellesbach
Sorry- Jack,Julie and Katie. I liked your story and don't get me wrong I like the Morgans', too. But not their annoying/petty fighting.
Nov 01, 2009 Linda added it
A family's house is destroyed in a fire, causing strain on the father and mother. In the same town Jack is depressed because his wife died. He meets a new woman and her daughter whose car broke down.
Apzmarshl
Sweet little Christmas story about two separate families that have significant hurdles to overcome. There were some dry moments and the conversations were a little off, but as a whole, a nice Christmas story.
Culleen
another great read by Kinkade and Spencer. A wonderful story of overcoming tragic losses and finding and/or renewing love. Looking forward to the next installment from Cape Light.
Jessica (Chronicles of a Book Nerd)
Sweet little Christmas tale about remembering what's really important. Full review @ http://bookloversparadisebookblog.blo...
Linda
As usual for this series, a very heartwarming and inspiring book. A beautiful read with much human interest and spiritual insight without being maudlin. I really loved it.
  • The Christmas Promise (Christmas Hope, #4)
  • The Way Home
  • Finding Father Christmas (Father Christmas, #1)
  • The Three Mrs. Parkers
  • When Christmas Comes
  • The Gift of Christmas Present
  • Once Upon a Christmas: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year/'Twas the Week Before Christmas
  • Snow Angels
  • Till Morning Is Nigh (Country Road Chronicles #3)
  • Just to See You Smile (The Other Way Home, #3)
  • Prayers of a Stranger: A Christmas Journey
  • Love Finds You Under the Mistletoe
19941
Thomas Kinkade was known as the "Painter of Light." His works, although spurned by the secular art establishment. were very popular with Christians and many others.
More about Thomas Kinkade...

Cape Light (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Cape Light (Cape Light #1)
  • Home Song: A Cape Light Novel
  • A Gathering Place
  • A New Leaf: Cape Light #4 (Kinkade, Thomas)
  • A Christmas Promise (Cape Light #5)
  • The Christmas Angel (Cape Light #6)
  • A Christmas To Remember (Cape Light #7)
  • A Christmas Visitor (Cape Light #8)
  • A Wish for Christmas (Cape Light #10)
  • On Christmas Eve
Cape Light (Cape Light #1) Home Song: A Cape Light Novel The Christmas Angel (Cape Light #6) A New Leaf: Cape Light #4 (Kinkade, Thomas) A Christmas Promise (Cape Light #5)