Start by marking “Basilisk: The Kouga Ninja Scrolls, Vol. 4 (Basilisk #4)” as Want to Read:
Basilisk: The Kouga Ninja Scrolls, Vol. 4 (Basilisk #4)

Basilisk: The Kouga Ninja Scrolls, Vol. 4 (Basilisk #4)

OF BLOOD AND DESTINY

The titanic battle between the clans rages on. Akeginu and the blinded Oboro of the Iga clan encounter a powerful aristocrat named Ofuku, who will do whatever it takes to make her godson, Takechiyo, the next Shogun. If Ofuku and her troops join forces with the Iga, will the Kouga still have a chance at victory?

Meanwhile, the Kouga leader Gennosuke, also
Published February 27th 2007 by Del Rey (first published April 9th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Basilisk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Basilisk

Gianfranco Mancini

The flashbacks, the appearence of Hattori Hanzo and clan Tokugawa (if you never heard about them this manga is really not for you, just skip it), the great fight Koshirou vs Hyoma, and the author working a lot much more on the plot instead of showing nudity like on previous issues, make this one the best volume of the series.
Conan Tigard
Nov 18, 2015 Conan Tigard rated it it was amazing
This series is just an absolute pleasure to read. The drawing look like artwork and the story is both exciting and action-packed. I just couldn't put the book down. To tell the truth, I read books 2 through 5 in one sitting, unable to wait until the next day to find out what was going to happen.

Basilisk is a hell of a story and one that I will always treasure and a true Japanese manga. Masaki Segawa is an utterly incredible artist and his work speaks for itself. Basilisk: Volume 4 is another st
Carole Rae
Dec 14, 2013 Carole Rae rated it it was amazing
This is the 4th manga in the series. Unlike the other two, I wouldn't read this as a stand alone. Many references one can only understand if they read the last 3. These references and back-knowledge are important to understand whats going on.

I've been dying to read this, because I believe that this is the best of the series. I still think so (so far), still have one more to go, so we shall see. So much is going on, but I love every second of it.

I especially love the number of flashbacks that ar
Angel
May 26, 2009 Angel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-manhwa-etc
The battle between the Iga and Kouga clans continues, leaving only 5 ninjas left by the end of this volume (out of ten per side that started out). A noble lady decides to meddle, which could make things interesting. Once again, the pace on this one moves along very fast. One of the things I am noticing in this series is the amount of detail. I may reread the series soon just to appreciate it some more. Oh, and in this volume, did that last ninja to die, Tenzen, actually die? Seems a shapeshifter ...more
Christine Jones
Jul 11, 2016 Christine Jones rated it really liked it
A tightly written, well illustrated glimpse at classic manga, worth a read.
Carl
Carl added it
Sep 11, 2016
Elisa
Elisa added it
Sep 11, 2016
Tuatara
Tuatara rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Johanna
Johanna rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2016
Marina Andreou
Marina Andreou marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Lpx0
Lpx0 rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2016
Lindapearl
Lindapearl rated it it was ok
Aug 10, 2016
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2016
Falko Berg
Falko Berg rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2016
Adrian
Adrian rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2016
Alexander Quidam
Alexander Quidam rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2016
Erick
Erick marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Uku
Uku rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2016
Efi
Efi added it
May 10, 2016
Rae
Rae added it
May 09, 2016
Radoslav Kolev
Radoslav Kolev rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2016
  • Berserk, Vol. 13
  • Claymore, Vol. 9: The Deep Abyss of Purgatory (Claymore, #9)
  • Battle Royale Ultimate Edition Volume 1
  • Old Boy, Vol. 1
  • Blade of the Immortal Volume 14: Last Blood
  • Trinity Blood, Vol. 3
  • Hellsing, Vol. 04 (Hellsing, #4)
Masaki Segawa, creator of the Basilisk manga, made his debut in 1997 with the series Senma Monogatari, which ran in the weekly magazine Comic Morning. In 1998 he began his long-running series Onigiri Jyuuzou, which ended in the year 2000. Basilisk is his second long-running series and his first adaptation. He loves cats and watermelon, and currently lives in Funibashi.
More about Masaki Segawa...

Basilisk (5 books)
  • Basilisk: The Kouga Ninja Scrolls, Vol. 1 (Basilisk #1)
  • Basilisk: The Kouga Ninja Scrolls, Vol. 2 (Basilisk #2)
  • Basilisk: The Kouga Ninja Scrolls, Vol. 3 (Basilisk #3)
  • Basilisk: The Kouga Ninja Scrolls, Vol. 5 (Basilisk #5)