Start by marking “Ultimate Guide to Google AdWords: How to Access 100 Million People in 10 Minutes” as Want to Read:

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  297 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews

Never before in the history of advertising has it been possible to spend five bucks, write a couple of ads and get instant access to more than 100 million people in 10 minutes. But that's exactly what Google AdWords does. It's an awesome concept-but you can lose a bundle if you don't know how it works.

Learn how to:

Build an AdWords campaign from scratch Identify keywords
Published November 29th 2006 by Entrepreneur Press

To ask other readers questions about Ultimate Guide to Google AdWords, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ultimate Guide to Google AdWords

Mark Ruzomberka
Mar 25, 2011 Mark Ruzomberka rated it really liked it
To me Adwords is just like a big stock market, but instead of Stocks you buy Keywords. Everything I knew about Marketing previous to getting involved in SEM, was based on last semester of school. I took a Marketing class as a requirement for my Business Minor andthought it was silly and not really applicable to the real world. After four years of building software in a software development group I have moved over to the dark side. Yes, instead of worrying about user experience, and how well the ...more
Jayson
Apr 23, 2013 Jayson rated it it was amazing
Perry Marshall is definitely at the cutting edge of Google adwords management. Having worked in the industry for over 10 years, Perry's book has been like a bible to me.

Everything covered from A-Z in adwords. All thoroughly explained, easy reference point should you want to be starting something new.

Having trained a team of adwords managers in a large Australian Online Marketing company the foundations for all my training sessions were based on learnings from Perry.

Anyone looking to get into ma
Chad Kettner
Aug 16, 2012 Chad Kettner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
Really valuable book... I'm looking forward to running some great Google Adwords campaigns in the near-future!
Audrey
Jun 14, 2010 Audrey rated it it was amazing
"The Ultimate Guide to Google AdWords: How to Access 100 Million People in 10 Minutes" by Perry Marshall is a phenomenal book. The book is well written, well organized and easy to follow. The information is action packed and leads you step-by-step in creating your own profitable Google AdWords account.

In his book, Mr. Marshall provides great tips and insights. Some of the key things you will learn include:

1. How to Build Your Very Own Google Campaign from Scratch - the Right Way. You will learn
Jim
Feb 26, 2008 Jim rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who's business relies on the internet for customers.
I have not spent a dime on Yellow Page advertising for at least five or six years after having an almost $30K annual expense with them and feeling totally abused.I have been using Google Adwords as my primary advertising program for several years for my business and feeling like I was doing pretty well with it. If I was doing well, the well just got much deeper!

This book began to make me money the first time I went to the computer armed only with the first few chapters and the butterflies in my
Gabriela
Jul 13, 2012 Gabriela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Ultimate Guide to Google AdWords is a well-informed guide providing great strategies, tools and techniques required to enjoy success with Google's advertising program. The book covers invaluable topics including how advertisers can build competitive campaigns, and how they can enhance their visibility at the search engine. Other things to learn from this book are strategies for improving CTRs, increased traffic as well as impressive sales.

If there is one book that I can recommend to online a
Jan 23, 2013 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: google-web-seo, own
A thoroughly recommend this book to any sole trader or big business who uses Google Adwords to advertise their prodicts or services. I had been using Google Adwords for about 2 years before I bought this book - just had the bare minimum on there and just let it tick along and I did get clients from it. But then when a local organisation started running workshops for fellow hypnotherapists on how to optimise their google adwords campaign (and I couldn't make it), I thought I had better buy a book ...more
Josh Salganik
Jan 04, 2014 Josh Salganik rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: A MUST READ for any aspiring marketer, SEO Consultant, Publisher, or Advertiser
Recommended to Josh by: Rob Varie
Wthout the inspiration & new vantage point on the digital marketing world afforded to me by Perry Marshall- I would likely still be fighting the drain of the 9 to 5 grind. So worth reading.
Linzy Antoinette
Nov 02, 2013 Linzy Antoinette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marketing
After following the advice contained in this book, I more than tripled the conversion rate on an Adwords campaign that had been running for a while and dropped our cost per lead by 50%. Reading this book won't make you a master of Adwords, but it is a solid foundation on which to base your campaigns.
Aubree Deimler
Sep 24, 2015 Aubree Deimler rated it really liked it
Shelves: marketing
I found this book to be very helpful in doing AdWords the right way. I've learned simple ways to improve my AdWords campaign and have seen success in the way of higher click throughs with lower costs per click.
Sabrina
Oct 23, 2012 Sabrina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent reference especially those who are just starting out in Google Adwords. Perry Marshall makes everything sound so easy. Some of the tips may be outdated though but they still work.
Thomas Eyles
Very good eBook on all things to do with Adwords.
I was a complete novice before the read and it gave me the confidence to tackle Google Adwords, which can be a daunting task!
Colin
Jan 12, 2013 Colin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tips and tricks in Google Adwords. Highly recommeded after reading Advanced Google Adwords on my read list.
Kindra
Feb 29, 2012 Kindra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good insights on Google AdWords in a non-technical commentary.
Troy Clark
Feb 23, 2013 Troy Clark rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great primer on Adwords and basic marketing.
Dane
Oct 23, 2012 Dane rated it it was amazing
Made me money.
Megan Wenner
Megan Wenner marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Armando J.
Armando J. rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2016
Anchu Goel
Anchu Goel rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2016
Luis Eduardo
Luis Eduardo marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Bill Erosh
Bill Erosh rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Tony Job
Tony Job rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Janne Toivola
Janne Toivola rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2016
Joel Scholtz
Joel Scholtz rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Keith Lawrence
Keith Lawrence marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Peter-Paul Laarhuis
Peter-Paul Laarhuis rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Roehlito Gonzales
Roehlito Gonzales marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Robert Miller
Robert Miller rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2016
Yannick Piessens
Yannick Piessens marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
  • Always Be Testing: The Complete Guide to Google Website Optimizer
  • Search Engine Optimization: An Hour a Day
  • Advanced Google AdWords
  • Landing Page Optimization: The Definitive Guide to Testing and Tuning for Conversions
  • Get Clients Now!: A 28-Day Marketing Program for Professionals, Consultants, and Coaches - Third Edition
  • Web Analytics: An Hour a Day
  • The Irresistible Offer: How to Sell Your Product or Service in 3 Seconds or Less
  • Scientific Advertising
  • Marketing in the Age of Google: Your Online Strategy Is Your Business Strategy
  • Advanced Web Metrics with Google Analytics
  • Tested Advertising Methods
  • Ultimate Guide to Pay-Per-Click Advertising
  • The Referral of a Lifetime: The Networking System That Produces Bottom-Line Results...Every Day!
  • Guerrilla Publicity: Hundreds of Sure-Fire Tactics to Get Maximum Sales for Minimum Dollars
  • Letting Go of the Words: Writing Web Content that Works
  • Duct Tape Marketing: The World's Most Practical Small Business Marketing Guide
  • Words that Sell
  • Breakthrough Advertising
Perry Marshall has launched two revolutions in sales and marketing.

He pioneered many best practices in Pay Per Click advertising. More recently, he's driven the 80/20 Principle deeper than any other author, fueling a new business movement as experts recognize that 80/20 is a fractal law of nature.

Entrepreneur Magazine says, "Perry Marshall is the #1 author and world's most-quoted consultant on Goo
More about Perry Marshall...