My Book About Me by ME Myself

My Book About Me by ME Myself

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  1,133 ratings  ·  53 reviews
Encourages children to find out about themselves, while having fun writing and drawing their own biographies....more
Published September 12th 1969 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published September 12th 1968)

To ask other readers questions about My Book About Me by ME Myself, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Book About Me by ME Myself

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. SeussThere's a Wocket in My Pocket! by Dr. SeussHow the Grinch Stole Christmas! by Dr. SeussGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussThe Cat in the Hat and Other Dr. Seuss Favorites by Dr. Seuss
What was your favorite DR. Seuss Book?
10th out of 46 books — 29 voters
Curious George by H.A. ReyHow Not to Murder Your Grumpy by Carol E. WyerThe Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg LarssonWatchmen by Alan MooreOne Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss
Yellowest Books Ever
280th out of 815 books — 383 voters

More lists with this book...

Jason Koivu
Half book, half journal and one whole lotta AWESOME!

My Book About Me is what it says it is, a book in which the reader is the subject. That is the perfect concept for its target audience's age: approximately 5 to 10. For that is a time of great inner reflection in a child's life….in other words, kids are narcissistic at that age. The world is all about them and here's a book that proves it!

I had one of these semi-silly, semi-serious books when I was about 8 and loved fulfilling the tasks (Draw...more
trisha
My copy has an amazingly cute picture of me on the cover.

My father drew the pictures for me because I did not want it to look sloppy.

When I was nine, I went back through and crossed out my old answers to replace them with more mature responses.

Figuring out how many steps I had to take to reach certain destinations really stressed me out. Also, my eyes change color, and I was upset that there was no option for that.
Helen S.
I love this book! I've recently begun the project of organizing my library, and had forgotten I filled this out many years ago. Reflecting upon my childhood, recalling distant memories--it's such a wonderful experience. I plan to buy this for my own daughter, and let her enjoy it and experience it as well. Dr. Seuss is truly making an impact on young people and adults still, and will continue to do so for a long time to come!
Mungo
I got this when I was in pre-K and had it all filled out. Everything you ever wanted to know about me was there, my full biography (well up to pre-K at least). Then, SOMEONE, decided that it was no longer a book about me, it was a book about them and erased everything and put her own details inside...

It's ok, she made it up to me and bought me a new one, like 3 years ago, but that's cool...
I think four of the five kids in my family had a copy of this, myself included. It is fun to look back and see what we entered in the blank spaces. Similar to a diary, this book has space for children to enter information about themselves. Includes vital stats, number of teeth, preferences, hair color, etc. Of course, since this is Dr. Seuss, a comical air runs throught the text.
Cornelius
I love this book. I would use this book in the classroom to help children explain who they are by describing their height, how many teeth they have, how much they weigh, what their hear looks like, the color of their eyes, etc. The book helps children to describe their own wonderful self. I would use it in a kindergarten classroom.
Korey
Apr 02, 2008 Korey rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone. little kids, parents of little kids.
This book is awesome. I filled mine out when I was 3 or 4, and it's pretty great. Apparently I used to have crazy blue hair and would never ever eat birdseed. My only warning is, don't go back and fill-in/change answers when you're 9 or 10, because they're decidedly less funny. This will end up being a family treasure.
Lisa
Sep 15, 2010 Lisa rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: other
My parents still have this book-- first filled in by my older brother, then 10 year later by me, and 20 years later still by my nephew. Children fill it in with facts about themselves, but it's different than just height or favorite color; I remember it asking me to count my freckles! It's pretty precious.
Mary
Perfect for not only keeping a memory of a moment in a child's life to look back on fondly, but also wonderfully self-centered! If I could do one a year I would since I am still the center of the world in my own mind. Wonderfully interactive.
Steven Daviau
i really liked this book because it challenges the student to learn more about him/her self and discover things they may not have know about themselves.
Adrielle
A gift for my son on his 5th birthday. He has so enjoyed getting to write and draw in this book and we aren't even close to finished with it yet!
Jamie Gender
This book kept me and my sister busy for hours when we were little, trying to find the number of windows in our house, ect.
Tyler
I totally had this book and filled it out. Ah, the memories!
Janice
Mar 24, 2009 Janice added it
a book for your child to fill out, nice to do and keep for memories
Heather
I LOVED this when I was a kid. I still have the copy I filled out!
Jodi Heidlage
This is a book by Dr. Seuss in which the kid can make up the story as they go. This book was shelved under creativity because it guides the kid to engage in self-exploration as they complete the book. It has fill in the blanks, and just regular questions to generate different levels of support to guide the kids as they fill out the book. This would be a great book for a teacher to fill out and use as an example before having the kids use the same guidelines to answer questions about themselves.
Tracy Poff
This is an activity book. The reader is encourage to fill in the pages with information about himself (or herself), from "I am ____ feet, ____ inches tall." to "There are ____ forks in my house.", plus things to draw, and two lined pages on which to write a story. Very fun book. It's still in print (of course, since it's a Dr. Seuss book), so you can still get a nice, fresh copy of your own to deface (can you tell I don't like writing in books?). Recommended for young children.
Haley Gawel
I think this book is an awesome way to bring up social issues while getting to fill out your own experiences and pictures within the book on provided pages. This book is really interactive and allows the children to engage in the reading, while getting to know more about themselves. I would recommend it for possibly second grade. This book is itself a learning tool and I would recommend it to any teacher.
Jennifer Cox
This book is so much fun! This would be perfect birthday gift for any child. Even if they already have the book they can fill it out again with updated stuff. I think we are going to start doing this every summer! I wish I would have found it sooner.
Nia King
This book is a great way to introduce students to one another. Giving them a chance to write a story about themselves is fun and give children a chance to be themselves because the book is about them individually.
Kara Conlon
One of my favorite books, mostly because it is about me. Jokes aside, this book allows for kids to write about themselves and to create this story about them. How can you not love it?
Samantha
A do-it-yourself autobiography! Prompts are genius, many of them one-of-a-kind such as counting how many buttons are on the clothes in your wardrobe or cataloging the fixtures in the house from the mirrors to the pictures hanging on the wall.

I LOVED that librarian was included on the list of possible careers on the I Want to Be a _________ When I Grow Up page. This is a perfect gift book and one that celebrates the things that make kids individuals! Well done!
Monica
This is a great book for kids learning to write and older. Most pages have questions with choices the child can circle, x, etc. so they don't have to be too advanced in writing to enjoy.

There are a couple of weird pages, but it's mostly something g a child would treasure because they would fill it in with their own story.
Kimberly
I received this book as a present for my 6th birthday. Boy, did I have loads of fun answering all the questions... and unfortunately in my childish naivety, scratching out those answers and writing new ones in later years. Still, it is a great book that I still enjoy looking at from time to time today, decades later.
Brett Hollinger
It's Dr. Seuss! What more can you say? Inspirational, appropriate and fun for any age.
April
Fantastic book for kids! So imaginative and creative. Easy read that children will find delightful!

Dr. Seuss is always brilliant! His stories and rhymes are fun and entertaining! Some of my all time favorites!! Such a great way to entertain children and get them interested in reading!
Marissa
This is not technically a book that you read. You fill in all of the blanks with information about yourself. I gave it 5 stars because I got it for one of my birthdays when I was really little and I thought that it was the coolest thing ever.
"I hit someone, YES. I kicked someone, YES. I pulled hair, YES. I'm sorry I did it, NO!" This what my sister and I say whenever we see this book. The illustrations are so good. It is a perfect activity book for the kid who is always bored.
Kim
Probably the first autobiographical book I filled out. I wish I still had my copy from when I was younger. It's a great book for kids between the ages of 7 and 10 to write and then keep for looking back at when they get older.
Meaghan
Mar 01, 2008 Meaghan rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone with young children
Great for kids! I had a lot of fun filling this out, and I look back with fond memories. It's a great idea to let your child fill it out on their own, though you can always help. Encourage them to draw their own pictures inside.
Seuss Lovers: My Book about Me 1 0 Dec 06, 2012 06:47PM
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Double Dare
  • Oh the Things You Can Do That Are Good for You!
  • Cinderella (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • When I Grow Up (Little Critter)
  • Dr. Seuss Goes to War: The World War II Editorial Cartoons of Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • Nutshell Library
  • Snow (Beginner Books)
  • Mr. Noisy
  • Zen Ties
Theodor Seuss Geisel was born 2 March 1904 in Springfield, MA. He graduated Dartmouth College in 1925, and proceeded on to Oxford University with the intent of acquiring a doctorate in literature. At Oxford he met Helen Palmer, who he wed in 1927. He returned from Europe in 1927, and began working for a magazine called Judge, the leading humor magazine in America at the time, submitting both carto...more
More about Dr. Seuss...
Green Eggs and Ham The Cat in the Hat How the Grinch Stole Christmas! Oh, The Places You'll Go! The Lorax