Start by marking “The Legend of Drizzt Boxed Set, Books VII - X (Forgotten Realms: Legacy of the Drow, #1-4; Legend of Drizzt, #7-10)” as Want to Read:

The Legend of Drizzt Boxed Set, Books VII - X (Legacy of the Drow #1-4 omnibus)

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  4,382 ratings  ·  67 reviews
A legendary gift from the pen of R.A. Salvatore!

This new four-book slipcase gift set includes the newly recovered mass market editions of The Legacy, Starless Night, Siege of Darkness, and Passage to Dawn. The Legend of Drizzt(TM) Boxed Set III replaces the existing Legacy of the Drow Gift Set and is a must have for existing Drizzt fans and readers who are just now discove
Published October 7th 2008 by Wizards of the Coast (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Legend of Drizzt Boxed Set, Books VII - X, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Legend of Drizzt Boxed Set, Books VII - X

Ian Hu
Once again, R.A. Salvatore has outdone himself in another novel about the famous dark elf Drizzt Do'Urden. The book marks the return of the sinister Drow race as they try to conquer Mithral Hall in this epic series which never sets down its pace.

The return of the Harpells, Thibbledorf Pwent and many other unforgettable characters made this a delightful read. Salvatore uses extensive vocabulary and a variety of made-up languages in his novel that have been researched in-depth, and the effort put
Ethan Slack
In R. A. Salvatore's collection of novels Legacy of the Drow, the reader is once again wisked away to the magical world of Faerûn to follow along on the adventures of Drizzt Do'Urden and his companions. Follow along as they take on the vicious armies of the Drow as they defend the dwarven stronghold Mithril Hall and learn to face inner demons themselves, or take to the ocean as two of our heros journy the seas fighting pirates and seeking a lost island and search for a lost friend. Following the ...more
Michael
Legacy is a great collection of 4 books with everyone's favorite Drow Drizzt Do'Urden! Collecting the books 7-10 of the Legend of Drizzt.

Book 1 Legacy: In the first book starts off right where the last book of Icewind Dale Trilogy leaves off. The Dwarves are busy at work in there reestablish Mithril Hall and Drittz feels as if he finally been accepted and at home. However, old enemies lurk and threaten the Drittz and his friends. Legacy is full of action and in the end it appears nothing will b
Teresa
Previous series The Dark Elf Trilogy, and Icewind Dale Trilogy.

With Bruenor back on the throne in Mithral Hall, Drizzt decides to pay a visit to his home town. Catti-brie tags along and after reeking havoc in the underworld, they barely escape alive. Battle again comes their way when the dark elves decide to wage war as pay back.

I'd follow this series with The Cleric Quintet. Drizzt is not actually in this series, some of the main characters end up in future series, so I'd recommend reading it b
Jesse
Okay, so there are four books in this series, but I'm gonna write about them all at once. The book titles are: "Legacy", "Starless Night", "Seige of Darkness", and "Passage to Dawn".
The first book opens with Drizzt coming back to see his friends at Mithril Hall(I don't remember where he's been). Cattie Brea and Wulfgar are engaged to be married (kinda strange, since they are both the adopted children of Brunor Battlehammer).
Anywho, Regis comes back too. But its not really Regis, but Artimis Ente
Jessica
Apr 14, 2010 Jessica rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: D&D fans
Shelves: fantasy
So, I enjoyed these books. Not the most intellectual, but for a fantasy lover that is looking for a fun but easy read, these are good. The fourth book ends without wrapping up all the loose ends, to entice you to his next series I'm sure, but wraps up enough to not leave the reader unsatisfied.

The characters of these books are basically well developed D&D characters, which is what the Forgotten Realm books are all based on. They have the traits that are expected and, yet, Salvatore finds int
Ray
This is the 1st of the 4-book 'Legacy of the Drow' series by R.A. Salvatore, and the 7th book overall in his 'Drizzt' books. It's been about 14 months since I finished the previous trilogy, and I found it very easy to get back into the characters that I've enjoyed so much There's a good sense of humor in this entry, plus plenty of battle sequences, and some unexpected occurences (no spoilers here). It was fun to return to this realm, and I'm looking forward to the next 3 books in this series.
Daniel
A good series of books that follows the Icewind Dale and Dark Elf series of books. As with all of Salvatore's books, the writing style is top-notch and very engrossing. The first couple of books are quite different from the last two in that they are centered mostly on large scale war and the tragedies that fall during such a time. The last two deal mainly with the traditional characters and lacks the grand scope of the previous books. There are parts in all four books where one has to wonder why ...more
Lamonica Hart
Breathtaking, awesome, excellent, exciting are just a few words that come to mind. Do yourself a favor and just read all of Drizzt books It's like having your own special batch of adventurizing drug that keeps you on the of life edge wanting more and more. The more you read the higher you become wanting to know what's going to happen next.
If I could go higher than 5, I would. I read through the entire Drizzt series in 2.5 months. I hurts me to wait until September for "Rise of the King" (book2)
Owen
No real surprises here, just 1,000+ pages of vengeance plotting, narrow escapes and overly detailed sword fights, but hey, it worked for Robert E. Howard...
Update: Ok the first 3 books still get two stars, but "Passage to Dawn" gets four. Taking the characters back out into The Realms makes book 4 a lot more interesting. There is a great mix of new characters and some old friends returning, the dwarves and barbarians continue to squabble in ever more complicated ways, and Errtu makes a great bad
Al Vaughn
Passage to Dawn was so much fun to read. I could tell that R.A. Salvatore was just having fun with the characters at that point and it felt like a real love letter to the fans.
Marklandman
I enjoyed these books quite a bit. I liked how they always seemed to be moving quickly and there was lots of action. The journal entries at the start of some chapters were a good way to slow things down and get a point across in just a few pages and get back to the story.
Ben
The best stories in the Legend of Drizzt cycle are to be found in this volume. Here we see all the characters grow, change, and learn. Salvatore seems to be working more on his own story here, and less on satisfying fans of AD&D.
The only downside to this series is that, in order for it to make any sense, one has to have read the preceding two trilogies, the Dark Elf set, and the Icewind Dale books.
Vaughn
Aug 23, 2007 Vaughn rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
The best book series I have ever read.
Not only is the writing style completely amazing--because of the beautiful use of short-clip-sentences and vocabulary--but the plotlines of these books are geniously written. Any Salvatore book is a work of art.
This genre doesn't get enough credit, and I'd bet that Mr. Salvatore can change that and put the Fantasy genre right out in front with Fiction and Non-Fiction. Read it now!
Amber
The first book and a half was great but the last book was full of plot holes. Characters would suddenly know things they shouldn't and the villain's plans would change without warning (and not like PLOT TWIST but like "You just said you couldn't do that thing in your inner dialogue two chapters ago). The biggest plot wist was super obvious and drawn out. Disappointing but I have faith that the series will recover.
Trey Dodd
OK, techincally, I read these three books individually, and I read them out of order (there are about 12(?) books in the series, but I really think these are the best. Nice mix of simultaneous plot lines, some dynamic characters, and written for a very visual person, descriptive without getting bogged down in the details. Probably my favorite books in high school (that or Dragonlance series by Wies and Hickman)
Netanella
It took me a while to get through this quartet of books, although I sped through the first two trilogies. I got a little bogged down in the first couple of books, but things got better with Passage to Dawn. These books are remarkable, and the characters and the storylines stay with you. Defintely would recommend these to fantasy addicts and those interested in a good yarn.
Liliubel
I didn't enjoyed this books as much as the previous ones.
The first half was nice with Drizzt and Catti-Brie sailing with Deudermont, but when they come back to the Icewind Dale is kind of boring...maybe because there are a lot of parts of the barbarians and I don't like them .___.
Personally my favourite part of the story is when they meet Cadderly *^*
Jet
The hardbound edition is by first real introduction to Drizzt and Friends' corner of the Forgotten Realms (though I've read TSR's Realms of the Underdark a few months prior, featuring a young Drizzt). Loved everything about it, the story, the settings and the characters, even the villains. And R. A. Salvatorre can write fight scenes.
Trey
Again, added instead of the individual books. Third set of books of Drizzt series.

For me this was the pinnacle of the storyline. I read the first sets because I loved AD&D and the world, but these books blew me away. Big battles, lots of dwarfs (i liked dwarfs :-) ), and everything else I liked at the time.

Flowerpower89
Jamieson
A respectable piece of fantasy, Salvatore's Drizzt novels are fun if not particularly challenging. Characters have distinct personalities and sometimes defy expectations, though this is more common later in the series. Highlights are battle sequences and, for me at least, the 'D&D campaign' feeling.
Jonas
Oct 13, 2007 Jonas rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Bored Forgotten Realms junkies
Shelves: fantasy
Drizz't is the fantasy equivalent of Steven Seagal. Emminently skilled in a fight, exciting, even, but with the emotional range of a porcupine in a valium coma. The characters aer cliched, and the plots are stereotypical D&D drivel. Nothing new or interesting here, just melodramatic fantasy fare.
Shauna
Yep, R.A. Salvatore is the one author i would drive to get his autograph. Excellent writing style and his stories flow well without any gaps or holes. And there are no words to do justice to the characters and how they evolve through each book. In my mind, the best author for this genre!
Todd
Here are all those favorite characters from the Ice Wind Trilogy. This collection had four books that made up this series. Full of lots of those things you would expect from Salvatore,and his cast of characters you know so well. A fun read that went suprisingly quickly.
Kalvin Debusk
This book is in line with both the icewind dale series and the dark elf triology, this book again has to be one of my personal favorites in the fantasy world. Anyone who enjoys epic battels described in detail will love these books, R.a Salvatore, you did it again.
Jeana
As always, beautifully written. Salvatore is always so eloquent. I love the Dark Elf series... can't wait to get started on the next one! There are words of wisdom in these books that everyone should live by. Love all the characters. Nothing but praise!
Ryan
May 23, 2007 Ryan rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Angela +everyone
In this book the main character, a dark elf, must return home to an underground city - but will evil follow him and his friends back to the surface? Of course! What would a series be without at least one major war between dwarves and dark elves?
Marc
Typical fantasy dreck. Some decent points, (it's a compilation of 4 books making up 1 storyline, some of the books are better than others). No need to read unless you're a fan of Drizzt Do'Urden. Was useful light plane/commute reading.
  • Insurrection (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #2)
  • Condemnation (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #3)
  • Resurrection (Forgotten Realms:  War of the Spider Queen, #6)
  • Extinction (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #4)
  • Windwalker (Starlight & Shadows #3)
  • Dissolution (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #1)
  • Annihilation (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #5)
  • Crown of Fire (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #9; Shandril's Saga, #2)
  • The Summoning (Forgotten Realms: Return of the Archwizards, #1)
As one of the fantasy genre’s most successful authors, R.A. Salvatore enjoys an ever-expanding and tremendously loyal following. His books regularly appear on The New York Times best-seller lists and have sold more than 10,000,000 copies. Salvatore’s most recent original hardcover, The Two Swords, Book III of The Hunter’s Blade Trilogy (October 2004) debuted at # 1 on The Wall Street Journal best- ...more
More about R.A. Salvatore...

Legacy of the Drow (4 books)
  • The Legacy (Forgotten Realms: Legacy of the Drow, #1; Legend of Drizzt, #7)
  • Starless Night (Forgotten Realms: Legacy of the Drow, #2; Legend of Drizzt, #8)
  • Siege of Darkness (Forgotten Realms: Legacy of the Drow, #3; Legend of Drizzt, #9)
  • Passage to Dawn (Forgotten Realms: Legacy of the Drow, #4; Legend of Drizzt, #10)
Homeland (Forgotten Realms: The Dark Elf Trilogy, #1; Legend of Drizzt, #1) Exile (Forgotten Realms: The Dark Elf Trilogy, #2; Legend of Drizzt, #2) Sojourn (Forgotten Realms: The Dark Elf Trilogy, #3; Legend of Drizzt, #3) The Crystal Shard (Forgotten Realms: Icewind Dale, #1; Legend of Drizzt, #4) The Halfling's Gem (Forgotten Realms: Icewind Dale, #3; Legend of Drizzt, #6)