Start by marking “X Stands for Unknown” as Want to Read:
X Stands for Unknown

X Stands for Unknown

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Gli Asimoviani sono creature di Asimov: senza scherzi, vengono così chiamati i milioni di lettori che ogni mese, puntualmente, seguono gli articoli che Isaac Asimov pubblica sul Magazine of F & SF.
Published March 1st 1985 by Avon Books (first published June 1983)

To ask other readers questions about X Stands for Unknown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about X Stands for Unknown

Steffanie
This book is a hard-sell. Non-fiction, sciency stuff. If you are still reading...then maybe you should give this book a try! If "Non-fiction, sciency stuff" doesn't totally scare you away, you would get a lot out of this. If you like reading Popular Science, or even National Geographic, read on...

'X' Stands for Unknowns is broken up into 5 sections (this is not to mention the introduction section which completely blew my mind! Issac Asimov is not just one of the world's greatest science fiction
Rob
Jun 04, 2007 Rob rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Intelligent readers interested in general science
Isaac Asimov is best known as a science fiction author, yet nonetheless wrote far more about true science—hundreds of books, in fact. Over several decades Asimov wrote a monthly science column for the Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction. Many of these essays were later published in paperback form as collections.

Asimov was one of the all-time greatest explainers of science. He generally wrote for an intelligent audience of non-scientists, and so he usually started at the very beginning and bu
فـيّ  أحمد
This book is brilliant, I've been never interested in science but this is BLOW-MINDING. It is a collection of seventeen nonfiction science essays,my favorite was Chemistry.
My story with the book is; I had a mathematical research so I went to University’s library and found it, I was fascinated with everything. I thought it will be a good idea since the science wasn't my thing. I wanted to give it a try on something I was surely I won't like. I borrowed it for two week and it was amazing, sadly
Hollis
Some nice essays on a variety of scientific subjects: the physics essays concentrate on electromagnetic radiation whilst those on chemistry discuss silicon and carbon. The last two essays contain well-needed attacks on creationism and astrology: sometimes I wish that Asimov was still around today so he could go on one of those silly religious ''debating'' programs and teach the zealots a lesson or two.
AndrewP
A collection of Asmiov's science articles.
David
un memorable
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Lt
Lt marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Will
Will marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Jingtao Liu
Jingtao Liu marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Patrick Smith
Patrick Smith marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Chris Khodadadian
Chris Khodadadian marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Данило
Данило marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Jim
Jim marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Jtb
Jtb marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Monica Gibson
Monica Gibson marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
Simona
Simona marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
John Leal ii
John Leal ii marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Professor Asimov is generally considered the most prolific writer of all time, having written or edited more than 500 books and an estimated 90,000 letters and postcards. He has works published in nine of the te
More about Isaac Asimov...
Foundation (Foundation, #1) I, Robot (Robot, #0.1) Foundation and Empire (Foundation, #2) Second Foundation (Foundation, #3) The Foundation Trilogy (Foundation, #1-3)