Start by marking “Fur” as Want to Read:
Fur

Fur

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  85 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Grace has always loved the sea, and feels drawn to it more and more as she passes her 14th birthday. Yet there are many distractions back on dry land - her strange vivid dreams, her demanding swimming coach, the attentions of the gorgeous Nik Bentley, and the worries about the downy skin she constantly tries to hide.
Published 2006 by Usborne

To ask other readers questions about Fur, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fur

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle HodkinImaginary Girls by Nova Ren SumaOn the Fringe by Courtney King WalkerA Blue So Dark by Holly SchindlerThe Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan
Swimmers on the Cover
165th out of 185 books — 262 voters
Silence by Becca FitzpatrickStarcrossed by Josephine AngeliniTorment by Lauren KateSo Shelly by Ty RothHereafter by Tara Hudson
Water
281st out of 487 books — 134 voters

More lists with this book...

Jazz
My friend recommended this book for me a while back and said she enjoyed it immensely. I was ready for a book similar to Real Mermaids Don't Wear Toe Rings, as we both read that book and judging by the cover (of Fur), it looked like it had something to do with swimming/water. I loved Real Mermaids Don't Wear Toe Rings, and was expecting almost the same amount of "quality" from Fur.

The beginning was alright; I can't say it was amazing but it wasn't bad either. It was the middle that really bored
Diane ϟ [ Lestrange ]
From the blurb, I was worried that Fur would be just another worthy, but unexciting "issues" novel, but I was pleasantly surprised. The mixture of fantasy and reality makes Fur an intriguing and diverting read.

Grace feels more at home in the sea than she does on dry land. This makes her a bit of an oddity to her classmates, but when she starts to grow fur Grace feels even more strange. This clearly isn't one of the normal changes she expected with puberty. Could there be some connection to her l
Lana
Corinna Toime
I enjoyed reading Fur. It ties together the real world and a fantasy area quite nicely in a good way.
Lisa
After reading Piper by Meg Harper, I was half-expecting Fur to be just as good.
It was good, but not great. It was a little boring at times but still fun.
To be honest though, the only reason I stay with it to the end was to see if the main girl went with who I wanted her to go with. Simple pleasures, really.
Amy Louise
I really loved Piper By Meg Harper, so I had to read Fur. It was a enjoyable quick read - but no where near as brilliant as The Piper though. 3/5 =]
Stefanie
A really good book, I liked the concept and the mythology and the characters were really interesting but I felt the end was a little lacking.
Aimee
I remember reading this when I was 13, I just remembered about it today actually and yeah it was a really good book, original idea.
Raquel
I remember it being a bit strange but I guess it helped, I quite liked how weird and unexpected the story was.
The Fairy Godmother
Based on the mythological Selkies.
Tjala
FAVORITE BOOK AS A CHILD
Jhona
..i love this one..
Manjusha
Manjusha marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Gabby
Gabby added it
Nov 11, 2014
Kim
Kim added it
Aug 06, 2014
Maddy
Maddy is currently reading it
Jul 27, 2014
Stacey Lee
Stacey Lee marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Grace
Grace added it
Apr 24, 2014
Beth
Beth added it
Sep 28, 2014
Asha Higgins
Asha Higgins is currently reading it
Apr 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Piper My Mum and Other Horror Stories My Mum and the Gruesome Twosome My Mum and the Hound From Hell My Mum and the Green-Eyed Monster