Start by marking “Countdown Presents: Lord Havok and the Extremists” as Want to Read:
Countdown Presents: Lord Havok and the Extremists

Countdown Presents: Lord Havok and the Extremists

2.68 of 5 stars 2.68  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Spinning out of COUNTDOWN TO FINAL CRISIS, this title collects the complete miseries by Frank Tieri and Liam Sharp. Discover why Lord Havok and his deadly team are so important to the future of the DCU — and how the fate of the multiverse lies in their hands.
Published September 2nd 2008 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Countdown Presents, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Countdown Presents

mark monday
so here in the second- or third-to-most-recent reset of the DC Universe (ugh, Countdown), we get a new(-ish) origin of Lord Havok and the Extremists. debuting between the pages of the jokey Justice League International of the 90s, this super-powered group of terrorists were modeled, in typical I suppose "humorous" JLI style, after various Marvel Universe super villains. originally I found them to be quite tedious - but then I found the jokiness of Justice League International to be tedious as we ...more
Sesana
I wonder how carefully Marvel's legal offices read this series. I also wonder what inspired DC to release something that's not even parody, just a very, very lightly adapted version of Marvel's Civil War. That aside, there are indeed some interesting storytelling moments, but not enough to make me like the book as a whole.
Sabine
Some spoilers!
It seemed to be a very boring series in the beginning, but one scene captured my attention: when Lord Havok kills the czar and his wife, he hesitates briefly to kill their child. It really raised my curiosity that made me keep reading. A great twist and revelation at the end of the book.
John Yelverton
An utter and complete waste of time. This book should not be read, and it's down right deceiving as it was nothing to do with the "Infinite Crisis" book.
Warren
Part of Final Crisis
Brandon
Brandon marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Jacob Undis
Jacob Undis marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Steve
Steve added it
May 18, 2014
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2013
Brian
Brian added it
Nov 13, 2012
Scratch
Scratch marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2011
Neil
Neil added it
Jul 22, 2011
Ben
Ben added it
Sep 04, 2012
Civil War: War Crimes Punisher Noir Batman: Gotham Underground Deadpool Classic, Vol. 8 World War Hulk: Gamma Corps