Start by marking “Stolen Years” as Want to Read:
Stolen Years

Stolen Years

4.52 of 5 stars 4.52  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Sara was only eleven when the Nazis invaded Poland. For the next six years, she fought to survive in the ghetto, at Auschwitz, and as a prisoner in a slave labor camp. Her true story of courage and hope in the face of horror is ultimately one of personal triumph.
Published October 1st 1983 by Signet (first published 1981)

To ask other readers questions about Stolen Years, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stolen Years

Patti Carey

I'm not a reader, but I finished this book in under a week. My late boyfriend had this book. I passed it on to a coworker who read it in a couple of days, passed it on to my mom who passed it onto my aunt, then her daughter than later a friend and we never saw it again :( this is history that should stay in our minds and hearts, great book, but sad. I managed to find a hard copy online from amazon. Haven't read it again but it is the first on my list !!!!
Shirley
Stolen Years was published in 1981. The classic, Anne Frank: Diary of a Young Girl. was published in 1947. I wish I had read Anne Frank more recently and could compare and contrast the two. Stolen Years is an excellent example of adult-nonfiction describing a young Jewish girl's experiences during World War II. It is a worthwhile read of a horrific period in history that remains with the reader long after closing its pages.
Ursula
I first read this book in high school after discovering it in our school library. It had such a profound effect on me that I have reread it many times since. It is a gripping story of survival and loss from one young girl's life during the Holocaust. The book is so detailed, and so well written that you will feel as if you are being dragged, right along with Sara, into hell and back again.
Kelly
I read this in sixth grade and had a similar experience to another reviewer - I was horrified by the Holocaust and needed to read more, which of course I did. This is still the most powerful of all the Holocaust books that I've read.
Tina Boscha
It's a testament to this book that as I populate my Goodreads books that I remembered this book from reading it (repeatedly) as an adolescent. I still remember moments from this book. Beautifully written.
Jolyn
I had to read this book for my high school freshman History class. I was so enthralled by this book that I couldnt put it down. It was a real eye opener!
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Sharon George
Sharon George marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Jennifer Jacobs
Jennifer Jacobs marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Angie Foster
Angie Foster marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Tudi Brown
Tudi Brown marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Melinda
Melinda marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Dave Olsher
Dave Olsher marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
Samanthahigh
Samanthahigh marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014