Start by marking “You've Got It Made: Deliciously Easy Meals to Make Now and Bake Later” as Want to Read:
You've Got It Made: Deliciously Easy Meals to Make Now and Bake Later

You've Got It Made: Deliciously Easy Meals to Make Now and Bake Later

Even if a hectic schedule leaves you with no time to think about what's for dinner, you don't have to resort to leftovers or take-out! Getting a wholesome, homemade meal on the table after a busy day can be easy, and Diane Phillips shows you how in You've Got It Made. This book features 150 recipes that can be prepped and assembled ahead of time, refrigerated or frozen, an ...more
Published December 21st 2007 by Harvard Common Press (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about You've Got It Made, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You've Got It Made

Catherine Gillespie
I like the concept of make ahead recipes that have depth of flavor and good ingredients (I don’t have anything against casseroles, but they aren’t my usual choice). I appreciated how the author gave good information about freezing things – several of the recipes are close to things I already make but didn’t know would freeze well. I’m planning to make a pot-roasted lamb with white beans recipe (probably with beef instead of lamb), Chicken Balsamico, and I might, for the sake of my husband’s undy ...more
Damir
Mar 12, 2015 Damir rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Busy hungry people
Cookbooks, in my opinion, are more difficult to review than a regular novel or book. One has to consider a combination of interest in the style of cooking or type of food, difficulty of the directions, supplies needed, and quality of the end product. As a fair warning to anyone reading this, since I haven't tried any of the recipes, as of yet, I would say my review and opinion for the book is incomplete.

The idea behind the cookbook (cook now, bake later) is exactly the type of cooking style I ha
Ginnie Grant
Jun 28, 2014 Ginnie Grant rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This cookbook is so full of goodies! It had so many takes on recipes I had never seen before and I loved how it had instructions for reheating later. perfect for busy families still trying to eat healthy. I checked this out from the library and loved it so much I had to buy it.
Lori
Feb 17, 2010 Lori rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I really liked the way this book was set up. I'm a super picky eater so I only made a few recipes, but I was pleased with them, and if you had a broader palate I can imagine using this book quite a bit. (I did make a couple of copies before I returned it to the library, I'm eager to try the cookies!)
Holly
Oct 17, 2008 Holly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
This is the most delicious freezer cookbook I have tried. The meals truly were yummy and upscale. The downside is tons of oil and butter and no thought whatsoever to nutritional content. So, I'm still looking for the perfect freezer cookbook.
Melissa
Aug 18, 2009 Melissa marked it as tried-to-read-but-didn-t-finish  ·  review of another edition
This is a book I would like in the winter and I'll take it out again then.
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Sandi
Sandi added it
Sep 28, 2016
Fivewincs
Fivewincs marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Meghan
Meghan rated it it was ok
May 30, 2016
Grace Y
Grace Y marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Joyce
Joyce marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
Meghan
Meghan added it
Feb 26, 2016
Cindy
Cindy rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2016
Sarah Lewis
Sarah Lewis marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2015
Colette Snuffin
Colette Snuffin rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2015
Melissa Wagner
Melissa Wagner marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2015
Brooke
Brooke added it
Sep 14, 2015
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Holly Brown
Holly Brown marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Anne Andersen
Anne Andersen rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2015
pml
pml added it
Apr 03, 2015
Amy D.
Amy D. added it
May 02, 2015
Laurie Tucker
Laurie Tucker rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2014