Start by marking “The Black Road (Diablo #2)” as Want to Read:
The Black Road (Diablo #2)

The Black Road (Diablo #2)

3.68  ·  Rating Details ·  1,002 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Since the beginning of time, the angelic hosts of the High Heavens and the demonic hordes of the Burning Hells have been locked in a struggle for the fate of all Creation. That struggle has now come to the mortal realm...and neither Man nor Demon nor Angel will be left unscathed.... Darrick Lang is coming home. Years ago he left the town of Bramwell to walk the wide world ...more
Published April 2nd 2002 by Pocket Books/Star Trek (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Black Road, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Black Road

Fatih Y.
Oncelikle kitabı alma sebebim olan ana hikayeyle uzaktan yakından alakası yok Siyah Yol'un. Daha kitabın tanıtımında Kabraxis'in sıkıcı bir iblis olduğu anlaşılıyor zaten. Diablo, Baal gibi değil daha ezik bi iblis bu. Kitap size aslında Kabraxis'in de korkulması gereken bir iblis olduğuna ikna etmeye çalışsa bile bunu başaramıyor.

Ana karakterimiz Darrick Lang de keza aynı. Klişe bir şekilde bütün kitap boyunca ailevi sorunları ile başetmeye çalışıyoruz. Bu da kimi zaman "yeter artık" diye tepk
Chris
Mar 09, 2015 Chris rated it really liked it
This could make a gorgeous novella if it weren't so colourfully prolonged with empty inner-dialogs and half-baked descriptions.
In fact, the thing I dislike most about this book is the way the author abuses cliches with descriptions of the environment and battles.

All in all, it's a good read with a -great- plot, except it could've been shorter, tighter and less "colourful".

P.S. #nohomo
Victor Priceputu
Sep 08, 2015 Victor Priceputu rated it really liked it
A good book about how we must always fight the demons of the past and how great friends can help us when we are lost, no longer in balance but close to the Darkness.
Razvan Bucur
Dec 11, 2013 Razvan Bucur rated it it was amazing
This is the story of Darrick Lang, a young sailor in the Westmarch Navy with a lot of issues from his childhood and from his super abusive father, who at the end turns to be a hero, a healer and a portal for the Black Road, his own body becoming a demonic host that he was only able to keep in check with the aid of Stormfury.
This is also the story of the renegade Zakarum priest, Buyard Cholik, who's searching for immortality and power and is ready to walk over skeletons & swear allegiance to
Tyler Murphy
Jul 16, 2012 Tyler Murphy rated it it was amazing
Most definitely my favorite book of the series. I plan on reading this again quite possibly in the near future. I love this book, to me this book never really was boring. Honestly the most boring part of the book was maybe the first 5 pages after that it was a delight to keep going on. I will say the epilogue was also uninteresting to me but was nice to have. Mat was my favorite character but that changed around chapter 10 I believe.Raithen was also a fairly impresive character in the book. Woul ...more
TL Jeffcoat
Jun 14, 2011 TL Jeffcoat rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed, fantasy
Not a terrible book, it's well written, and the characters are well played. I enjoyed the book from beginning to end, but after I was done, I just felt that overall it was just ok. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but the only thing I can think it must be is that this book could have taken place in any setting. I was looking for something more related to the game. It isn't a bad story though. A fun read.
Davidj90
The book holds all the time in suspense. The plot is easily predictable and simple. This book is not perhaps too ambitious, but it gives you a great adventure in the world of Diablo. The main character is very interesting.
Keri Honea
Dec 27, 2015 Keri Honea rated it really liked it
Really entertaining and dark story in the world of Diablo with an amazing message about good, evil, and religion. I'd recommend this to even non-Diablo fans.
Justin Cales
May 04, 2013 Justin Cales rated it it was amazing
First book I ever read and got so attached I felt I was in the book! I forgot I was reading and thought it was all happening! One of my favorite books!
Kimball
May 26, 2012 Kimball rated it it was amazing
This fictional book was a really good that I got from Lincoln. Based on one of my favorite computer games. Plablo. Darrick Lang is one of my favorite heroes.
Kerris
Mar 27, 2015 Kerris rated it it was ok
Wau, nejak jsme si s touhle knizkou nepadly do oka. Hrozne neprijemne hlavni postavy.
Nisha
Oct 09, 2007 Nisha rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Diablo players
One of the better Diablo-based novels, imo. It even mentions an in-game weapon. :)
Kotka Sharena
Mar 04, 2012 Kotka Sharena rated it did not like it
Беден речнк, скучна история, никаква дълбочина.
Alexander Damian
Apr 20, 2013 Alexander Damian rated it it was amazing
Great book
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2016
Przemysław Mazurek
Przemysław Mazurek rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2016
Aisha
Aisha rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2016
Tugce Gizem
Tugce Gizem marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2016
Alex Howard
Alex Howard marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
Vaskre
Vaskre rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2016
Knigurai
Knigurai rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2016
Mario Rados
Mario Rados marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
Economist
Economist rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2016
Deckard Cain
Deckard Cain rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2016
JQ Salazar
JQ Salazar rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2016
Dušan Neuschl
Dušan Neuschl is currently reading it
Sep 10, 2016
Antonio
Antonio rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2016
  • The Kingdom of Shadow (Diablo, #3)
  • Diablo: Demonsbane (Diablo, #0)
  • Diablo III: The Order (Diablo, #8)
  • Diablo III: Book of Cain
  • Speed of Darkness (StarCraft, #3)
  • Liberty's Crusade (StarCraft, #1)
  • Shadow of the Xel'Naga (Starcraft, #2)
  • Firstborn (Starcraft: The Dark Templar Saga, #1)
  • Starcraft: I, Mengsk
  • Nova (StarCraft: Ghost, #1)
  • Diablo III: Heroes Rise, Darkness Falls
  • Of Blood and Honor (WarCraft, #4)

aka Jordan Gray

Mel Odom is a bestselling writer for hire for Wizards of the Coast's Forgotten Realms, Gold Eagle's Mack Bolan, and Pocket's Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel book lines. His debut SF novel Lethal Interface made the Locus recommended list . The Rover was an Alyx Award winner. He has also written
More about Mel Odom...

Diablo (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Diablo: Demonsbane (Diablo, #0)
  • Legacy of Blood (Diablo, #1)
  • The Kingdom of Shadow (Diablo, #3)
  • Moon of the Spider (Diablo, #4)
  • Birthright (Diablo: The Sin War, #1)
  • Scales of the Serpent (Diablo: The Sin War, #2)
  • The Veiled Prophet (Diablo: The Sin War, #3)
  • Diablo III: Book of Cain
  • Diablo III: The Order (Diablo, #8)
  • Diablo III: Heroes Rise, Darkness Falls