Start by marking “Night's Master (Children of The Night, #3)” as Want to Read:
Night's Master (Children of The Night, #3)

Night's Master (Children of The Night #3)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  1,001 ratings  ·  45 reviews
Passion Has a Darker Side...

Kathy McKenna was sure that the little Midwestern town of Oak Hollow would be isolated enough for safety, but the moment the black-clad stranger walked into her bookstore, she knew she was wrong. Raphael Cordova exudes smouldering power, and his sensual touch draws Kathy into a world of limitless pleasure and unimaginable dangers.

Oak Hollow was
Mass Market Paperback, 364 pages
Published September 30th 2008 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about Night's Master, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night's Master

The Selection by Kiera CassClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareEntwined by Heather DixonEverneath by Brodi AshtonRapture by Lauren Kate
Best Girl in a Dress Cover of 2012
301st out of 433 books — 1,657 voters
Dragons of Autumn Twilight by Margaret WeisWildfire at Midnight by Mary StewartMidnight at Marble Arch by Anne PerryMidnight by Dean KoontzIn the Night Kitchen by Maurice Sendak
Morning, Noon, and Night
64th out of 104 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

Megan
Oct 17, 2008 Megan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Vampire romance fans
Shelves: vampire-romance
This was the best Amanda Ashley contemporary vampire romance book she has written so far (in my opinion of course)! This was Ms. Ashley’s third book in her “Night” series. The heroine Kathy is a very strong character physically, mentally, and emotionally. The hero, Raphael, is a vampire, of course. He is not the typical “old world” vampire. He is a little more modern and “hip.” He has only been a vampire for around 85 years. He was born to vampire parents (in Night’s Touch). His maternal grandpa ...more
valee
I just don't get it. What the hell just happened? I mean I was reading a very entertaining series and then... I read ---->THIS.
*SNIFF*

I was loving it at first, it even seemed it would be better than the first 2, but then everything went down hill fast. I mean the "bad guys" in the book were the worst I have read about. SERIOUSLY. The ending of the book was even worst. I'm only giving 2 stars because I enjoyed some parts. But after finishing the book I was so mad I wanted to burn the book. Spe
Paige
Another good vampire story from Amanda Ashley.

Raphael Cordova is hoping the war between the supernatural and humans won't ruin his chance at happiness with bookstore owner, Kathy McKena.
Wendy *Sebella Blue* Mitchell
I'm sure there is a market for these books, but it is not me. Very sweet and tame. Ugh!
Marie-Josee Larouche
Being the third book in the series, I figured it would continue on with one of Cara and Vincent Cordova's sons, Raphael and Rane Cordova. I was right and very happy about it!

Raphael Cordova is the leader of the North American vampires. Wait...what? I expected the story to be like the other two. The world seems so much different in this one, so much has changed. I was very surprised to learn very early on that it wasn't going to be like the other two books, (first chapter). For one thing, the wor
Meagan
This book revolves around Kathy McKenna, a young woman who has just moved to a small town and opened a bookstore. In this world supernatural beings are known to humans and a war has broken out between werewolves and Vampires. Kathy moved to get away from the danger of the city, to a small town which she discovers is a neutral zone (paranormal creatures meet to discuss peace without threat of violence). Kathy is overwhelmed by overtures of romance, from werewolf, Cagin toVampire, Raphael (Rafe) a ...more
Samantha
Read a short story by Amanda Ashley in an anthology that I loved, so I thought I'd pick up one of her full length books.

I really could not get into this book. Ashley's writing is smooth and easy to read. However, the characters and pacing of the story just did not hold my interest. The main character, Kathy, opens up a bookstore in a small town and suddenly finds herself caught in the middle of a battle between werewolves and vampires. From that I thought I would enjoy it as it was a very Under
Karen
"Enjoyable Read for Urban Fantasy Lovers"

Kathy McKenna owns a quaint bookstore in the Midwestern town of Oak Hallow. She has a rare gift of spotting preternatural beings. She thought Oak Hallow would be safe away from the Vampire and Were wars, but she finds out that her town is the neutral zone, where all creatures of the night meet and discuss peace. A Were, Cagin asks her out on a date, a Vampire, Raphael (Rafe) wants to court her and a Hunter, Travis wants her for a whole different reason. S
Anne
I am a long time fan of Amanda Ashley and have read all her books to date. When I started this one, I was surprised to find it in first person, and set at some point in the future. I think it was about 85 years. The beginning was different and interesting.

The first person chapters began to be interspersed with third person chapters from a different character. (Isn't that cheating?) The woman (a 23 yo virgin) was interesting. The book was rolling along nicely. And then....

About halfway through th
Jessica
*Meh.* I didn't like this.
It seems to have been written for those with NO knowledge about paranormal characters. It frustrated the heck out of me that the main character didn't know what vampires ate, for instance. She constantly asked questions like, "So what's is like to be a _______?" [fill in the blank with vampire, werewolf, or shapeshifter:] These questions from a character who supposedly lived in a futre USA where vamps and weres roam freely!? Unbelievable.
I guess this was aimed at first
Paranormal Romance
As the owner of a small bookshop and very much aware that vampires are not to be trusted, the heroine is torn between her unease and attraction to the hero. He’s much more light hearted and less dark and brooding than the other vampires in the series, mainly because he’s the child of a pair of characters in the previous book. But…shocking; this book was extremely boring and had zero pulse. You can rarely expect more than 2 stars for your typical Amanda Ashley book because her characters have dul ...more
Claire
I was on a bit of a roll with AA's vampire books - got to this one and pulled the break. Major turn-offs (we all have them in literature :-D) for me are few but one of them is evolution denial/creationist views. I simply could not empathise with the heroine after this which immediately broke my immersion in the story. Hey-no....
Chelsea
I haven't finished yet, but the writing is really dragging the whole thing down. The overall tone is too formal to be relatable, and the dialogue is extremely stiff. There's also a lot of repetition - "I miss being able to partake in food and drink. I wonder if she's able to partake in food and drink?" - or moments of the allegedly intelligent main characters acting stupid so the reader can get information. There's also a lot of random/unnecessary detail in the narration that throws off the paci ...more
Kara Callahan
The book was okay, but I am noticing a pattern here. Vampire meets human. Vampire falls madly in love with human without even knowing her. Human does not want to be with a vampire. Human and/or vampire runs away. Human and vampire get kidnapped by someone evil. They get away. They vanquish evil. They live happily ever after. Every. Single. Time.
Ruth Violet
wow. another great one from amanda Ashley. she is such a masterful storyteller. she draws you into the story from page one. like wow. what a great couple. kathy and rafe. they were so made for each other. she wanted to get away from the supernatural community and that so didnt happen. but life what can you say throws you curves. but that is life. they had hunter against them. and a war brewing between the vamps and wares. but everything work out great. such a sweet ending. i loved it.the town of ...more
Tremont G
Lame heroine. Started out decent but completely fell apart. This book was tough to finish. The heroine, Kathy was one dimensional and super annoying. Her constant boohooing about the vamp thing drove me nuts. I also felt like ridiculous decisions were made by Rafe. They know there are hunters in town! Take precautions! Lastly, this book didn't flow and they never addressed why Kathy can sense the supernaturals. Unsatisfying to say the least.
Ginger
This was a fun vampire, shapeshifter book. It takes place in the not so distant future where there is a war between the Immortals and humans are waiting for the outcome. This is apparently part of a undefined series. I liked it enough to get the book that sort of preceeds this. If you like vampire books, this one was a good read.
Ronda  Tutt
So far this series has a great story line and was very refreshing read. This series does not have any explicit sex sceens but leaves your imagination running with thought. This series was just as good as the Twilight Series only its not about teen agers. I look forward to reading the next book in the series "Nights Pleasure".
Carrie
I adore this series, and Rafe & Kathy's installment is nearly perfect. It's a great story to lose yourself in for a day & just enjoy another Cordova man. : ) We get to see a bit of Roshan, Brenna, Vince & Cara as well, which is always nice. This sort of made me want to re-read the other books in the series... : )
Taylor Grace
So much fun! Night's Master dives right into the action. There are werewolves, vampires, vampire hunters and our heroine trying to find her way. Definitely a fun read! Easy reading and fun action blend well in this book.
Emily
it was ok. I was even enjoying it until the heroine turned stupid and couldn't live without her man. the characters started fleshing out only to become more 2 dimensional as the story progressed and I wonder how that is possible. It wasn't horrible and for 89 cents it was almost good.
Haylie
Really really good!!! i didn't realize this untill later that this is the next book from the Night's Kiss and Night's Touch books. It was the 2 sons that Cara and Vince had in Night's Touch...like i said really good and i hope that there is another! Love this author!!!
Missyb
after reading the first book in this series (Night's Kiss), I wasn't going to read anymore of them, but this one was good. The characters are intriguing, plenty of romance, action, and the love story. I'm going to give the other 2 in the series a chance.
Margaret Ushman
I liked this book. I feel like the plot of this book was set up similarly to the one before it. Some of the plot was the same too. Overall, I liked the conflict and the book in general; however, I also feel that the book could have been better.
Maria

1. Everlasting Kiss
2. Everlasting Desire
Stacie
May 24, 2009 Stacie added it
I did not finish this book and that is rare. It was written in first person and I do not care for that. It is about a vampire who meets human who owns a bookstore. I skimmed through the rest and it did not hold my interest.
Cathy Moholland
very good book to read i have read and so has my mother in law we are both in to vampire books , any authors that to do with vampires :) hope you enjoy any books by this author huggs Cathy -Katgrl5672
Denise
It was a good book i enjoy it a lot i only thougt that the the parts were it was suppose to be romantic and amazing they were kind of dull ,but other them that it was a good book.
esa
This series that amanda ashely has here is lots of fun to read. I love how she will make mention of previous charchters from past books so that i can kinda keep tabs on them.
Hope you like it 2 10 May 01, 2011 04:09PM
  • One Bite Stand (Mackenzie Vampires, #4)
  • Primal Desires (Primes, #6)
  • Edge of Twilight (Wings in the Night, #10)
  • Kiss Me Forever (Forever Vampires #1)
  • The Renegade Hunter (Argeneau #12) (Rogue Hunter #3)
  • Blood Shadows (Blood Curse, #4)
  • Dawnkeepers (Nightkeepers, #2)
  • The Vampire With the Dragon Tattoo (Love at Stake, #14)
  • Seduced By Darkness (Dark Realm, #2)

Children of The Night (7 books)
  • Night's Kiss (Children of The Night, #1)
  • Night's Touch (Children of The Night, #2)
  • Night's Pleasure (Children of The Night, #4)
  • Night's Mistress (Children of The Night, #5)
  • Night's Promise (Children of the Night, #6)
  • Night's Surrender (Children of the Night, #7)
Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London, #0.5; Dream-Hunter, #0.5) After Twilight (Dark, #7) Night's Kiss (Children of The Night, #1) Bound by Night (Bound #1) Night's Touch (Children of The Night, #2)