Start by marking “Lords of Atlantis” as Want to Read:
Lords of Atlantis

Lords of Atlantis

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  4 reviews
In the dim past, men had fled to Mars for refuge, but now the red planet was a dying world, and the Martians returned to colonize earth and rule over the Titans-descendants of those who had stayed behind at the time of the now-legendary catastrophe.
But the rulers of the Titans, retained by the conquerors on their ancestral thrones, grew restless under the benevolent progr
Mass Market Paperback, 128 pages
Published October 1963 by Airmont Science Fiction (first published January 1st 1960)

To ask other readers questions about Lords of Atlantis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lords of Atlantis

Feb 24, 2012 Terence rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: No one: SF from the '60s best left there
Shelves: sf-fantasy
I downloaded a sample to my Kindle a couple of days ago to see if there was anything to recommend this book to me after all this time, and there wasn't.

I can see how it may have interested my 14-year-old self, as it explores the Atlantis myth and the "real story" behind it but the writing is subpar and the characters are simply 20th century actors transposed to a poorly realized alternate past.

This was part of a triptych of books I acquired that were part of my "reading stable" for several years
The premise is solid, and by this I mean the idea of an extremely advanced central nation-state surrounded by jealous, greedy savages who want its technology, wealth, and the liberty to attack and plunder each other once again.

Unfortunately West drapes this core with trappings that are not successfully realized: the Atlantean civilization is a Martian colony, where the Martians themselves are Lemurians who left Earth during an ice age; these Atlanteans have names and exploits familiar to us bec
C Groce
Mar 26, 2008 C Groce rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: historical fantasy lovers
Recommended to C Groce by: my father
Lords of Atlantis is a very interesting book. It gives a whole new light to the mythological gods of ancient Greece. The main character Teraf if forced into going into an adventure to stop the rebellion. This book has fights and undergrounds groups and many other interesting things. I think this book deserves a four star rating and I recommend that anyone who liked historical fantasies reads this book.
Lords of Atlantis by Wallace West (1960)
Brandon marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Sean Welch
Sean Welch marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Steven West
Steven West marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2013
Phil added it
Apr 26, 2013
Nicholas marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2012
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2012
Keith Howell
Keith Howell marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2012
Steve marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2011
The Bird of Time The Memory Bank The End of Time The End of Time and The Winds of Time: Two Short Science Fiction Novels About Time and Time Travel Our Good Neighbors in Soviet Russia (Classic Reprint)