Complex Variables and Applications

Complex Variables and Applications

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  92 ratings  ·  11 reviews
"Complex Variables and Applications, 8E" will serve, just as the earlier editions did, as a textbook for an introductory course in the theory and application of functions of a complex variable. This new edition preserves the basic content and style of the earlier editions. The text is designed to develop the theory that is prominent in applications of the subject. You will...more
Published December 31st 1990 by McGraw-Hill Companies (first published December 1st 1960)

To ask other readers questions about Complex Variables and Applications, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Complex Variables and Applications

James Swenson
OK, I'm giving it 4 stars now, but I'm going to teach from it for the first time this semester (Spring 2012). Let's see what I think in May....

[UPDATE] The course is finished; I now like the book slightly more than I did going in. The exercises provide good material for an undergraduate course.
Abbey
not too bad overall, but I found myself looking for other texts to see if they explained concepts better quite a bit. needed clearer explanations in places.
Joecolelife
May 17, 2011 Joecolelife rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Joecolelife by: www.CocoMartini.com
One of The Best Math Textbooks Ever
For me, this book serves as a firm grounding in the basics, before moving on to the doctoral prelim sequence in Complex Variables. It's also easy to see how it can support a self-contained course for those who will never need more than the fundamentals. And yes, as is so often said falsely of other books, this one is "ideal for self-study."

Generally, the proofs flow easily: You can read them start to finish without all the inordinate cross-referencing of prior...more
Qothrotun Nada
buku edisi ketujuh yang dipakai saat kuliah semester 3. mata kuliah varkom.
Salah Abuzaina
Feb 11, 2008 Salah Abuzaina rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Salah by: My Faculty
This book summarizes the main outlines of complex analysis, and the theory of functions of complex variables.It discusses complex analysis whithin various fields, such as : properties of complex numbers, mappings, elementary functions, series, analytic and harmonic functions and integrals.
Nick Black
Got me through undergraduate Complex Anal, but I didn't really understand the stuff until reading Penrose. Uninspiring, but acceptable...for now.
NumberLord
A decent book for learning complex analysis if you're an undergraduate. For graduate students, I would look elsewhere.
Shabnam
متغيرهاي مختلط و كاربردها
ترجمه:امير خسروي
Hegy
هل في طريقة عرضه للموضوع
Sumitava Nayak
Hira Shafait
Hira Shafait marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Belén
Belén added it
Sep 13, 2014
Khaidir Barra tuyung
Khaidir Barra tuyung marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Sridhar Reddy
Sridhar Reddy marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Abe TheSemite
Abe TheSemite marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Ryan Linton
Ryan Linton marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
يوسف أبو
يوسف أبو marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Septiya Wulandari
Septiya Wulandari marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Millan Kumar
Millan Kumar marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Khandla Chandu
Khandla Chandu marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Cauchy-Rieman Equations 1 7 Feb 11, 2008 01:36PM

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Fourier Series and Boundary Value Problems Operational Mathematics Complex Variables and Applications: Student's Solutions Manual Student Solutions Manual to accompany Complex Variables and Applications