Start by marking “Complex Variables and Applications” as Want to Read:
Complex Variables and Applications

Complex Variables and Applications

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  141 ratings  ·  11 reviews
"Complex Variables and Applications, 8E" will serve, just as the earlier editions did, as a textbook for an introductory course in the theory and application of functions of a complex variable. This new edition preserves the basic content and style of the earlier editions. The text is designed to develop the theory that is prominent in applications of the subject. You will ...more
Published December 31st 1990 by McGraw-Hill Companies (first published December 1st 1960)

To ask other readers questions about Complex Variables and Applications, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Complex Variables and Applications

James Swenson
OK, I'm giving it 4 stars now, but I'm going to teach from it for the first time this semester (Spring 2012). Let's see what I think in May....

[UPDATE] The course is finished; I now like the book slightly more than I did going in. The exercises provide good material for an undergraduate course.
Abbey
not too bad overall, but I found myself looking for other texts to see if they explained concepts better quite a bit. needed clearer explanations in places.
Joecolelife
One of The Best Math Textbooks Ever
For me, this book serves as a firm grounding in the basics, before moving on to the doctoral prelim sequence in Complex Variables. It's also easy to see how it can support a self-contained course for those who will never need more than the fundamentals. And yes, as is so often said falsely of other books, this one is "ideal for self-study."

Generally, the proofs flow easily: You can read them start to finish without all the inordinate cross-referencing of prior
Qothrotun Nada
buku edisi ketujuh yang dipakai saat kuliah semester 3. mata kuliah varkom.
Salah Abuzaina
Feb 11, 2008 Salah Abuzaina rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Salah by: My Faculty
This book summarizes the main outlines of complex analysis, and the theory of functions of complex variables.It discusses complex analysis whithin various fields, such as : properties of complex numbers, mappings, elementary functions, series, analytic and harmonic functions and integrals.
Nick Black
Got me through undergraduate Complex Anal, but I didn't really understand the stuff until reading Penrose. Uninspiring, but acceptable...for now.
NumberLord
A decent book for learning complex analysis if you're an undergraduate. For graduate students, I would look elsewhere.
Shabnam
متغيرهاي مختلط و كاربردها
ترجمه:امير خسروي
Hegy
هل في طريقة عرضه للموضوع
Sumitava Nayak
Bahaa
Bahaa marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Ben Karl
Ben Karl marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Yasmin
Yasmin marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Gizem
Gizem added it
Jul 10, 2015
Aohori
Aohori marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Azid Satti
Azid Satti marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
  • Classical Dynamics of Particles and Systems
  • Topics in Algebra
  • Partial Differential Equations for Scientists and Engineers
  • Linear Algebra and Its Application [with CD-ROM]
Fourier Series and Boundary Value Problems Operational Mathematics Complex Variables and Applications: Student's Solutions Manual Student Solutions Manual to accompany Complex Variables and Applications