Start by marking “Thread of Deceit (Haven #2)” as Want to Read:
Thread of Deceit (Haven #2)

Thread of Deceit (Haven #2)

Sam Hawke runs an activities program called Haven in inner-city St. Louis. He resents journalist Ana Burns's determination to expose Haven's eroding infrastructure and possible shut down the centre. While battling these issues Sam and Ana gradually become aware of another, more sinister problem at Haven: the underbelly of the child sex industry.
Published January 1st 2008 by Steeple Hill

To ask other readers questions about Thread of Deceit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thread of Deceit

esc
Dec 07, 2016 esc rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A Dark Subject and Difficult Read

This book was extremely hard to read because of the subject matter. Even though the author knew her subject, I did not like it at all and skipped parts here and there. Not a subject I would ever care to expose myself to again in a novel.
Mary Beth
Feb 07, 2009 Mary Beth rated it really liked it
This a Christian novel involving Ana from Brownsville, Texas. Ana has moved to St. Louis to work as a newspaper writer and to escape bad childhood memories. She meets Sam, an ex-Marine Re-con soldier, with demons of his own. Sam is trying to establish Haven, a safe place for inner-city poor kids. Together they manage to uncover a huge child slavery ring. Good story with excellent thoughts about God as our father and protector.
Judie
I thought the book was well-written. It's always difficult to rate a book that I don't particularly care for in the sense of it being enjoyable. The subject matter of this book isn't a happy topic, and I try to avoid books dealing with things like this. Sometimes real life isn't necessarily edifying.
Regina
Aug 04, 2011 Regina rated it did not like it
Could not get into this book no matter how hard I tried! I just didn't care for the author's writing style. I found it a little confusing. Finally gave up after the first 50 pages. It shouldn't take me 2 weeks to "get into" a book!
David
Apr 05, 2013 David rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cadl, li
This Christian book carefully handles a difficult topic. Although it is a bit grim, it is well done and educational.
Sharon
Apr 09, 2015 Sharon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Author Catherine Palmer has done a good job of tackling a difficult subject and showing there is hope even in some very dark places where evil has a stronghold.
Carol
Carol rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2012
Eileen Rife
Eileen Rife rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2012
Lesa Caputo
Lesa Caputo rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2014
Carol
Carol rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2008
Victoria
Victoria rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2014
Olivia
Olivia rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2014
Melinda
Melinda rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2011
Rowan
Rowan rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2013
Pat
Pat rated it really liked it
Nov 05, 2013
Robin
Robin rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2009
Amy Wright
Amy Wright rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2012
Amsholtes
Amsholtes rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2014
Catherine Clem
Catherine Clem rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2010
Barbara
Barbara rated it did not like it
Oct 16, 2012
Sandy
Sandy rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2015
Lindy
Lindy rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2015
Michelle Howerton
Michelle Howerton rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2016
Ruth
Ruth rated it did not like it
Oct 15, 2012
Susan Turnbull
Susan Turnbull rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2016
Kay Wiseman
Kay Wiseman rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2014
Melody
Melody rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2009
Nicole Huxley
Nicole Huxley rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2008
Rosamond
Rosamond rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2008
Melanie
Melanie rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »

Catherine Palmer lives in Atlanta with her husband, Tim, where they serve as missionaries in a refugee community. They have two grown sons. Cathy is a graduate of Southwest Baptist University and holds a master's degree in English from Baylor University. Her first book was published in 1988. Since then she has
More about Catherine Palmer...

Haven (3 books)
  • Fatal Harvest (Haven #1)
  • Stranger In The Night (Haven #3)