Start by marking “Cry of the Wolf (Avalon: Web of Magic, #3)” as Want to Read:
Cry of the Wolf (Avalon: Web of Magic, #3)

Cry of the Wolf (Avalon: Web of Magic #3)

4.29  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,266 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews

Adriane and Stormbringer the Mistwolf have a unique bond. When Stormbringer is lured into the portal to Aldenmor, Adriane pursues her companion into the magical world, where she must confront the entire mistwolf pack in order to bring Storm home. The strange boy she meets in that land of wonders and terrors may help her, but Adriane will need Emily and Kara’s magic as ba

Published May 27th 2008 by Seven Seas (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Cry of the Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cry of the Wolf

Mal
Jul 08, 2012 Mal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
I can honestly say I love these books. Even reading only but three of the twelve they are fabulous! Perhaps geared towards a slightly lower age group, yes, but brilliant.

What I liked about this book particularly was--not only that Adriane and Stormbringer are the coolest characters ;P--that it had a sense of adventure. I mean, in the first book it was just them finding that magic exists. Don't get me wrong that's great but I often find that the other books in the series are just a bit, if not w
This isn't my type of book, but I read it to the end. I have read the other two books that came before this one, but I have a feeling that I won't continue to read this series. I would recommend it if you like fantasy books that have the occasional pretty picture.
Brittany
Nov 14, 2015 Brittany rated it liked it
Continuing my reread of the rewritten versions of the series.

I remember being really excited for Adriane's books when I was little. She always came at the end of the "trilogies" in the series. And climaxes are always full of fun. But I guess I forgot how much of a letdown they were, too.

I understand that the books originally began as two six-book long plot lines, and that each trilogy didn't really wrap up a plot line. But still... I find it hard to come out of this book thinking that anything r
Truly
Jan 06, 2012 Truly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Selamat datang di dunia baru,
di sini keajaiban itu nyata,
dan persahabatan adalah segalanya.

Alasan membeli buku kedua adalah karena tertarik dengan buku ketiganya.
Pada halaman awal, terlihat sekali perbedaan penyusunan kalimat dari buku-buku sebelumnya. Bahasanya lebih mudah dimengerti dan nyaman untuk dicerna.

Namun...
kian kebelakang kok jadi kian alay yahhh
Mungkin karena buku ini diperuntukan bagi anak usia 8-12 tahun (sadar umur neng...)

Beberapa hal yang terasa sangat aneh:
1. Di buku dua dis
Star
Dec 03, 2012 Star rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
‘Cry of the Wolf’ is Adriane’s book and I feel it’s the strongest of the Avalon books so far. The relationship between Adriane and Stormbringer is heartfelt and deep. When she follows Stormbringer to the Shadowlands of Aldenmor, she’s willing to do what it takes to bring Stormbringer back home with her – including face an entire mistwolf pack! With help from Zach (the only other human in Aldenmor) and his griffin plus the other girls’ magic Adriane must work hard defeat the forces against her. I ...more
Robyn Ellis
Awwww man! This book was my jam back in the day! Re-discovering Pendragon has brought back a bunch of memories from my literary childhood. I don't remember this book as being particularly mind blowing or even all that good. But it was about a girl with magical abilities with a wolf spirit-animal friend. I think there was also some dragons and a cute guy involved. I must have read it about 15 times.
Angela
Sep 11, 2012 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children, fantasy, series
Ahhhhh, yes. Finally, an Adriane story! What can I say? This one was so much more interesting to me than the last two, not only because Adriane is the best my favorite character, but because it takes place in the magical world of Aldenmor - and it's actually full of fantasy adventure.

Actually, I was a bit surprised with some of the violence in this book. Not that it's overwhelming for a kids book or anything, but it seemed more graphic than the last two. The story on the whole is a bit darker, b
Alexa
Describe what was either believable or unbelievable about your reading. Defend your opinion.
In the mortal world, wolves cannot change their state of being(solid, liquid and gas). If you don't believe me, please refer to the laws of physics/scientific beliefs.
Kitty Graves
Jul 21, 2015 Kitty Graves rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Morgan
Oct 16, 2014 Morgan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So far this is my favorite out of the series. I like this one a lot better than the second one because I like getting inside Adrains's head. I also enjoyed this book because we get to see the bind between Adriane and Storm. One think that I loved about this book was getting to see Aldenmore and meet some other animals and creatures that the world had to offer. One thing I didn't like about this book is the fact that I found it a bit rushed. Most of these books are and I believe that it's because ...more
Marchel
Mar 27, 2016 Marchel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Buku ketiga ini membaik dalam hal terjemahan, walau masih ada saja kesalahan di sana-sini.
Jocelyn Thomson
Sep 16, 2010 Jocelyn Thomson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is perfect for girls that love magic, friendship, and fantasy! In this book, Adriane, the warior magic user loses stormbringer who gets taken to return to her kind. Stormbringer ends up in the shadow lands. The shadow lands is where the evil dark sorceress is. Adriane also finds a dragon egg and a human boy, zach, bonds with it. The baby dragon calls adriane its mother. In the dragons egg when it hatches adriane finds a dragon stone and at the end gives it too zach. This book is full of adven ...more
Michelle Li
Aug 28, 2015 Michelle Li rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
The first few books in this series were pretty thin. They were really fast read. i remember that this one was my favorite, although I didn't finish the series. I just couldn't after I read the fourth one.
Tara Parker
Dec 27, 2011 Tara Parker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's a certain nostalgia factor in these books that just makes me adore them. Reading them again though I can spot flaws in the writing and some of the dialogue isn't done all that well. One of my thoughts also was that it was extremely predictable, but then I have read it before, so really it could just be that I actually did know what was going to happen. I'm still excited to see where the story goes.
Dyah
Out of the three Avalon girls, I like Adriane best, so I'm delighted that she's the centre of this story. In CRY OF THE WOLF, Adriane gets to travel to Aldenmoor and experiences a thrilling adventure, meeting a cute boy named Zach and becoming the mother of a dragon named Drake. It is also touching to see the strong bond between Adriane and her mistwolf, Stormbringer.
Katie
Oct 15, 2014 Katie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aww this one was saaad!
Joanna
Jul 16, 2013 Joanna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is my favorite, even over Harry Potter or the Hunger Games. The story line with a popular girl, regular girl, and an outcast girl coming together with one goal and the fantasy draws me in. This book is my favorite out of them all, but they are all amazing!
Shay
Sep 25, 2015 Shay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-favorites
Wolves, wolves, wolves, and more wolves! This book, while still on the girly style, points more toward Adriane, although everyone is still there. Books 2-4 each point towards one character. This one has a lot of action. This was one of my favorites.
Chalse
This book was cool. That's all I have to say, because it was perfect for a third novel. Featured a character, possible love interest and lovely illustrations. Who could ask for more? I know I couldn't.
Gabby
Aug 02, 2013 Gabby rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rachel-roberts, ya
Good book, can't say great. I loved how Adriane meets Zach and though it's not official it was the first romance story of the series, you could tell that they liked each other, and it was an awesome book.
Michelle
Jun 17, 2016 Michelle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-stars, fantasy
Review for the first three books of this series: The Writing Hufflepuff

Beenee Reads
Aug 05, 2013 Beenee Reads rated it it was amazing
Great book! Like the 2 before it, this book kept me wanting more till the end and at the end I was extremely happy!! I can't wait to read the next book!
Aida
Dec 03, 2012 Aida rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book. The stubborn wolf pack was quite funny and it was amazing how my favorite character went into an unknown world for her friend.
Cassandra Booth
Yep this is as far I got. I was in 5th. Grade and in six grade I forgot about these books. Also in 5th grade I hated reading.
Taylor
May 01, 2010 Taylor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read these when I was younger but I would still read them now. They have enough magic in them to entertain anybody.
Annemarie
Jul 01, 2009 Annemarie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i lke this booke a lot,it`s one of my favorites.i looove the mistwolves. ...more
LittleDolphin
Oct 30, 2008 LittleDolphin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
i really liked this one, in my opinion it was better than the others
Kimberlee
Sep 20, 2010 Kimberlee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
if friendship is gone so is love.

i love the charecter aidrean
Mell kingsley
read one and two a while ago, might as well finish the series
  • Night of the Shifter's Moon (Unicorns of Balinor, #7)
  • The Courage to Choose (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #15)
  • The Emerald Princess Finds a Fairy (The Jewel Kingdom, #7)
  • The Two Collars (Bracken Trilogy, #3)
  • Reunion (Water, #2)
  • Wild West Witches
  • The Wizard, the Witch, and Two Girls from Jersey
  • The Return of a Queen (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #12)
  • Wild Boy (Rowan Hood, #4)
  • The Secret of Cliff Castle (Adventure)
  • The Seventh Princess
19158
Rachel Roberts adores magic, adventure, animals, and music. Rachel is an devoted campaigner with animal rights and protection of wild places organizations. Rachel’s has been reading ever since she could first carry a book and enjoys getting lost in a fantastic story. Rachel has been a writer as well as a editor her entire career. Rachel says the majority of concepts for her stories and characters ...more
More about Rachel Roberts...

Avalon: Web of Magic (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Circles in the Stream (Avalon: Web of Magic #1)
  • All That Glitters (Avalon: Web of Magic, #2)
  • Secret of the Unicorn (Avalon: Web of Magic #4)
  • Spellsinger (Avalon: Web of Magic #5)
  • Trial By Fire (Avalon: Web of Magic #6)
  • Song of the Unicorns (Avalon: Web of Magic #7)
  • All's Fairy in Love and War (Avalon: Web of Magic #8)
  • Ghost Wolf (Avalon: Web of Magic #9)
  • Heart of Avalon (Avalon: Web of Magic #10):
  • Dark Mage (Avalon: Web of Magic #11)