A Hemorrhaging of Souls

A Hemorrhaging of Souls

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A series of unexplained deaths shatters the serenity of a Vancouver Island girls' school, and Tempest Ivory, child psychologist and soprano, races to solve the mystery before it claims more lives. Tempest lands a coveted lead role in Rigoletto, but as she prepares for her operatic debut, the explosive secrets lurking behind the academy walls set her on a collision course w...more
Published October 1st 1998 by Salal Press (first published September 1998)

To ask other readers questions about A Hemorrhaging of Souls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Hemorrhaging of Souls

Baby by J.K. AccinniThe One by J.K. AccinniEvil Among Us by J.K. AccinniEcho by J.K. AccinniArmageddon Cometh by J.K. Accinni
Eye Catching Titles
188th out of 189 books — 162 voters
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg LarssonOne for the Money by Janet EvanovichA is for Alibi by Sue GraftonDéjà Dead by Kathy ReichsThe No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
Fearless Females
179th out of 388 books — 482 voters

More lists with this book...

Lynxie
This book is shrouded in a deep, darkness that took a little while to pierce. I found it made me think about the psychology behind suicide, depression and how our own actions can have drastic effects on others around us.

Tempest and Patrick seemed very real to me. They weren't Hollywood-ised, Tempest was a big girl, insecure, yet strangely confident. Patrick had a serious problem with the relationship with his father. They were portrayed with their warts and all.

None of what occurred in this book...more
Jaylynn Alford
Jul 04, 2012 Jaylynn Alford marked it as to-read
Shelves: first-reads
won a copy from goodreads ! so far i haven't been able to sit and read it i keep losing interest hopefully once i have more time i can sit and read more into it and hopefully get more into it
Judee. Fong.
I've just devoured a crime-mystery, "A hemorrhaging of Souls", written by Canadian crime writer, Nicola Furlong. I love reading mysteries, thrillers, adventures, anything that grabs my eye-balls from the first page. Not only did this mystery grab my attention, but it held it until the final page.
Set in an all-girls' Catholic school, someone has been killing its young students and Tempest Ivory, child psychologist and gifted soprano, desperately searches for answers as to "who" and "why." Cleverl...more
J 'gywenivere'
Jun 19, 2012 J 'gywenivere' marked it as to-read
I love a good mystery!
Colleen Ray
i found this book to be kind of confusing at the beginning, as far as knowing which character was being discussed. It took until I was about 30% in before I was able to get involved in the story, and could keep all of the details straight. The answer to the mystery was fairly obvious at about the half way point. This was just an ok read for me.
Wendy Peck
I loved this book, though it took some tenacity at the start to learn the characters and get into the story. The main characters are flawed and very real, and both their strengths and weaknesses play perfectly into the story. The book is compelling, allowing glimpses of what is to come, yet giving nothing away. By the time all is revealed, the story makes perfect sense. A great read, especially if you are looking for a book to curl up with and really read. Not beach reading, for sure, but one th...more
Jacqui Ward
A very complex and intricate story of murder and mayhem in a girls' school in Victoria, on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada. A story of secrets, suicides, damaged people, and murder. Her characters are complicated and compelling and beautifully drawn. The addition of opera into the fabric of the story makes it even more enjoyable. A thrilling read.
Emmaauty
Mystery set in a school. Interesting characters,storyline and setting. I'm not into opera but enjoyed learning a little more. I also liked the ending. I'm looking forward to reading more by this author.
Deanne Quarrie
Deanne Quarrie marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Marci Purvis
Marci Purvis marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
ChrisGA
ChrisGA marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Bob & Sherri
Bob & Sherri marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Amy H
Amy H marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Katherine Byrd
Katherine Byrd marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Jenn Ferris
Jenn Ferris marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Jacqueline
Jacqueline marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Jeanette
Jeanette marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Ramisa
Ramisa marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Wade
Wade marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Shelley Hoerauf
Shelley Hoerauf marked it as to-read
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Nanakelly4645
Nanakelly4645 is currently reading it
Jonetta
Jonetta marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
A hemorrhaging of souls 1 3 Nov 25, 2013 12:03PM
Making Connections: 1845. A HEMORRHAGING OF SOULS by Nicola Furlong 3 25 Nov 16, 2013 09:56AM
Nicola pens mystery and inspirational novels, creates interactive books for the iPad, podcasts about genre writing (The Novel Experience), and teaches electronic publishing, when she's not playing Old-Timer’s hockey, growing blossoms and bamboo or eating chocolate fudge.

Her first contemporary women's series, the Sisterhood of Shepherds, debuts with HEARTSONG, in May 2014 (MantleRockPublishing).

Nic...more
More about Nicola Furlong...
The Nervous Nephew (Church Choir Mysteries #3) The Unsuitable Suitor (Church Choir Mysteries #2) The Angel's Secret: Church Choir Mysteries No Safe Arbor (Church Choir Mysteries #13) Teed off!