Start by marking “Blanco: La Gran Búsqueda (El Círculo, #3)” as Want to Read:
Blanco: La Gran Búsqueda (El Círculo, #3)

Blanco: La Gran Búsqueda (The Circle #3)

4.30  ·  Rating Details  ·  21,429 Ratings  ·  546 Reviews
Nunca rompa el circulo.
En esta tercera parte de la innovadora "Serie"" del circulo," Thomas Hunter solo tiene dias para sobrevivir en dos mundos diferentes, llenos de peligro, engano y destruccion. El destino de ambos mundos depende de su singular habilidad de cambiar realidades por medio de sus suenos. Ahora, guiando un pequeno grupo multiforme conocido como El Circulo,
Published April 1st 2009 by Grupo Nelson (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Blanco, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blanco

Joshua Bertram
Jan 10, 2011 Joshua Bertram rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Mike (the Paladin)
Well...I finished the trilogy (though now a book titled Green is out so I guess it's no longer a trilogy, even though this one ties up the existing story line.). This one is (in my opinion)better than the second in the series and I give it a good solid "not bad". There is however a "but".

But.....these books could have been far better than they are. The way they are plotted the way the characters are presented even the way the story is told, all are a bit stilted. In an effort to be, I suppose m
Ana
It's rather dissapointing when you invest enough of yourself into a story to read more than one installment, just to find out it gets progressively worse. You get a really bad feeling that's too close to "I lost my time" to feel confortable.

I'm not going to make this long, there's no need to even try.

Summary? It started off well, then lost it. Maybe it was the actual writing, or maybe I just didn't feel the "magic" anymore.

J.S. Bailey
Mar 18, 2013 J.S. Bailey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
[Reads final page. Blinks. Reads final page again. Rushes over and yanks copy of Showdown out of bookshelf to verify statements on final page.]

THAT'S how Thomas ended up in the black forest??? But...but...I don't even...

O_O

This whole series is a time paradox. I love it.
T.E. George
Jan 20, 2009 T.E. George rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars If you hated the ending you missed the point., April 21, 2006

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about a book. What grabs one leaves another flat. But those who chided Dekker for weak storylines in this third book of his trilogy missed the point.

In fairness let me say that I felt the same way at first. In White it seemed like the things going on in "our" world ended in a very anti-climactic way. Thomas Hunter's blood save
Billy
Oct 02, 2015 Billy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Great Finale to a Fantastic Trilogy...,

Dekker really finishes off the Circle Trilogy with style.

This book was by far the best of the 3 and, although you really must read the first 2 to truly understand this book, Dekker does not dissapoint with the conclusion to this very long trilogy.

The story, including the metaphors of Christ's sacrifice for mankind, is brought home and shows the truly great talent that Dekker has for writing.

In this final installment, we are shown how the virus from this w
Tom
Jan 08, 2013 Tom rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Well, it's over. I guess that's good.

It feels bad to slam on a book series that so many other people evidently love (from reading other reviews here on Goodreads). I guess I just can't let religion trump realism or logic... or frankly, good storytelling. I suppose folks more appreciative of this trilogy would say that's my problem.

I feel like there was real missed potential here. The author keeps the plot moving quickly with good action and set pieces. Unfortunately everything else is sacrific
Stephanie W
I am not the sort of person who reads stories, let alone Christian novels. I like to pretend I'm better than books such as White, but after reading the entire trilogy, I can say that Dekker's writing style both surprised and pleased me.

I'm not sure if White was better written than Black and Red or if I simply got used to Dekker's once annoying prose and fragmented style. Either way, it seemed as though White was less fragmented than the previous books and the prose seemed to be more about the lo
Trent
Jan 16, 2016 Trent rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: thriller, spiritual, Christian allegory, C.S. Lewis
Shelves: 2016-books
After investing over 1,000 pages in these three books of the original trilogy, I am happy to have spent hours reading of the Great Romance. These three books greatly display what it means to be a Christian and what it means to be loved and pursued by a Creator who sees you as perfect. I struggled with the first book (Black) because to me it felt too overdone with romance. As the series continued it all began to flesh out and make sense. Since the release of the trilogy, Ted Dekker published, Gre ...more
Jaci
Aug 15, 2015 Jaci rated it it was amazing
Estoy sin palabras. Quiero llorar, de verdad que voy a estallar en lágrimas.
Tengo el corazón con muchos sentimientos, pues este libro, me partió.el corazón, no porque estuvo mal la historia, es porque simplemente estuvo FASCINANTE.
No tengo palabras para describir el libro, pero me encantó.
Me dio lástima el final de Thomas, pero fue para bien de la humanidad.
Quiero agradecer a mi hermana por insistirme para que lea esta serie.
Ahora tengo una nueva serie favorita de libros :)
Espero leer el libro
Tracy
Mar 15, 2011 Tracy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: march-2011
First of all...Wow! I would not have thought it possible, but Ted Dekker has managed to make, White, even more amazing than Black or Red. What an amazing journey. What an amazing story. I am always in awe of an author that can create a story, a world of such magnitude as this. But to create two!? This third installment was everything that the first two were...and more. The action, the adventure, love story enveloping these two worlds? I am truly left speechless.

Ted Dekker is a master at creating
Matt Barker
Feb 28, 2010 Matt Barker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great wrap-up of the Circlu trilogy by Ted Dekker. Keeps you hooked from the moment you pick it up.

Publisher's Summary

In this final installment of Ted Dekker's groundbreaking Circle Trilogy, Thomas Hunter has only days to survive two separate realms of danger, deceit, and destruction. The fate of both worlds hinges on his unique ability to shift realities through his dreams.

In one world, a lethal virus threatens to destroy all life as scientists and governments scramble to find an antidote. In
Deb Smith
Jun 12, 2011 Deb Smith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book three of the Circle Trilogy finds Thomas still caught between two worlds. In one world the virus still threatens to destroy all life as everyone in the world scrambles to find an antidote. In the other world a forbidden love threatens to destroy everything Thomas has worked so hard to keep safe. Thomas can bridge both worlds but may not be able to save wither. The fate of both worlds comes down to the choice of one man. Everything will be transformed by the choice this man will make in the ...more
Shanna
Dec 09, 2014 Shanna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this mind-bending adventure, Thomas Hunter must find a way to rewrite the history that will affect the fate of two realities. He navigates a whirlwind of emotions and events surrounding the pending apocalypse.
The Fate of these worlds come down to one man's choice. Life, Death, Love, nothing is as it seems. All will be transformed by Thomas's decision in the final hours of the great pursuit.

I am just blown away by this series. I just love complex, intricate, thought provoking plots and Dekk
Carol
Oct 08, 2014 Carol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review coming soon..... stay tuned!!

Update: Yeah bitches!! I finished the Circle series, and I'm damn proud of myself for having done so. White: The Great Pursuit picks up where Red: The Heroic Rescue left off. I had read some other unrelated books in between, but once you read Ted Dekker, you don't forget where you were when you begin the next book. I enjoyed the fast pace of the series and the unpredictability of events leading up to the closure. Very good ending as Thomas of Hunter comes full
Chris Hawks
This review is being written four years after the fact. My father recommended this series, otherwise I would never have picked it up. I enjoyed it at the time, though a lot of stuff bugged me; namely, that the "real world" plot was pretty unbelievable, and the "alternate world" plot got fairly heavy-handed with Christian allegory.

That said, four years later, a lot of the imagery from this series has stuck with me. If I thought it a bit hokey back then, now I'd say it's more enjoyable in hindsigh
Belle (Corazón de Papel)
Esperaba mucho más. Un final mejor, no tan milagrosamente raro.

La saga logró atraparme a pesar de su clara tendencia religiosa y mis prejuicios debido a esto, y me entretuve bastante, pero en cada libro el final lograba convertirse en una suerte de sistema evangelizador y la tercera y ultima entrega no está lejos de sus predecesores, siendo incluso menos sutil al momento de abordar los temas biblicos...

Y el final, pensé que sería espectacular y no lo fue :(

Lo pasé bastante bien con la saga, per
Jason
Dec 31, 2009 Jason rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, read-2009
The conclusion to the circle trilogy does a decent job at ending this wonderful adventure. The series as a whole is much better than this final volume which seemed to stall from time to time. It also left a few too many unanswered questions and took too many liberties to truly be great. As a trilogy Dekker has created a beautiful story that is filled with symbolism, faith, and religion. This in no ordinary tale of good versus evil. I would give the trilogy 4 to 4.5 stars as a whole tale rather t ...more
Heather
So I loved the first two but this last one was way too over the top with the Christian metaphors that weren't so metaphorical. My fault...I should have read some reviews before committing to the trilogy. Just unprepared. All in all, entertaining with good character development. Like his writing style, but I do dislike someone who makes the assumption that I haven't read the previous books and need to be "reminded" of the plot line. Not as bad as Goodkind or anything. But these books were all rel ...more
Mindi Rosser
Jan 28, 2011 Mindi Rosser rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christians, Agnostics
Of the trilogy, this book culminates in a graphic portrayal of a relationship with Elyon (God.) Being emotionally drawn into the story, one can almost feel the surreal arms of God. The reader's presuppositions about Christianity and God Himself will be challenged through the pages. Mine were altered dramatically, in that, I actually left the religious cult of which I had been a part for 20 years.

This is one of 5 novels that I always keep on my personal bookshelves. Others may come and go, but th
Jaime
Feb 15, 2014 Jaime rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The White Book, the Blank Book, is one that does not work in the dreams (the world of Elyon) though it can be written from them. And what is written in the future affects the Histories.

Thomas and Monique live through the Book as Teelah does his best to destroy it all. At the end of chapter 8, he tells Woref that even if Woref thinks Cherise will be his wife, Teelah will have her heart. That is a true incarnation of evil and it's chilling.

In the Histories, Thomas, Kara & Monique continue to w
Heather G Gentle
Aug 28, 2009 Heather G Gentle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To me this was the best of the 3 by far. All of the characters I cared for had a "happily ever after" even though they suffered and sacrificed much in the process. The ones I didn't care for "got what they earned". The love story, the tie in of the worlds and the messages of the redemption, loyalty and love all tied in beautifully at the end. There is an open spot for another book and although I know this is a "trilogy"... I'm interested in trying a spin off if there is one.
Lauren Schwartz
Feb 28, 2010 Lauren Schwartz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The last in the trilogy, it wasn't till the end in which the parallel between Thomas Hunter and Jesus Christ was made abundantly clear that I bawled my eyes out. I've never reacted that way over any other work of fiction before or since, but there was something about this particular fictional story that made me realize the reality and beauty of the Gospel in a profound way. Kudos to Ted Dekker for his ability to craft such a powerful story. I consider this trilogy his masterpiece.
Shannon
Jul 05, 2015 Shannon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Black, Red, and White...
I am really enjoying these books. I feel like there is way too much to be said about them however. I can't wrap my mind around all the things I would point out. Lots good. Some bad. But I still enjoy them enough to say, hell ya! 5 stars!

I definitely think they are a bit silly, the dual realities and the way they interact and trying to figure out what these books are really about. I can't tell which "reality" I enjoy the story line of more. Both I think. The characters are
Katherine
Dec 12, 2014 Katherine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Estoy en SHOCK.

No se que decir. Podría decirse que es un final que de alguna manera se esperaba, pero al mismo tiempo no lo esperaba de esa forma.

Se que los hechos parecen demasiado largos teniendo en cuenta que estamos hablando de 3 dias mas o menos, pero es que pasa tanto en esos 3 dias! Y cada decisión es crucial. Pero bueno, he aquí mis opiniones de lo que recuerdo que quería decir. Si olvido algo, ño agregaré luego.

ALERTA DE SPOILERS!!

Primero, los libros en blanco. Sabemos que estos lib
Nicolas
Feb 23, 2014 Nicolas rated it liked it
3 estrellas y casi que le pongo 2.
Termine el libro solamente por que ya habia leido Negro y Rojo, y tenia que terminar la historia, pero cada vez fue mas dificil de terminar debido a 2 factores. Principalemnte la escritura, personalmente no me gusto para nada la manera de escribir del autor, todo lo contaba de una manera un poco vacia. Y ademas, los personajes que en libros anteriores medio creaban personalidades y tenian un buen desarrollo, en este libro se perdio totalmente la idea de cada per
Carolina Imhof
Nov 20, 2014 Carolina Imhof rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I actually hated the whole series. I kept on reading to see how it ended, but it was so incoherent, the two-world dreaming is borrowed from a very good short story, but made into this pseudo-christian or whatever this is... the "principles" of the dreaming explained in the beginning did not last through the whole story...
Kristal
Jan 21, 2016 Kristal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thomas Hunter has managed to stay alive, although a good amount of people want him dead, in both realities. Now, his sister has managed to stumble upon a way to join Thomas in the other reality and she tries to help him piece together pieces of the puzzle that will help solve how to stop the Raison Strain from killing over half of the world population. And his love for Elyon is starting to accept how he perceived his enemies, some a little more than others.

Dekker does a wonderful job throughout
Hal Zenner
I started to read this series because of the generally positive reviews - and want to finish it - one more book to go. I purchased the series while on sale. The story shifts between "today" and supposedly far, far in the future. I enjoy the "today" part of the story (the viral epidemic threat), but find the future too entwined with an overtly religious theme. It also portrays events that could not happen in any "real" world--you have to accept all the blatant supernatural events (or, like me, ju ...more
Madison Mega-Mara...: White by Ted Dekker 1 2 Feb 07, 2012 06:43AM
  • Shadow Over Kiriath (Legends of the Guardian-King, #3)
  • The Oath
  • Deception (Ollie Chandler #3)
  • Return to Alastair (Tahn Dorn #2)
  • Comes a Horseman
  • Circles of Seven (Dragons in Our Midst, #3)
  • Silenced: The Wrath of God Descends (Underground Zealot, #2)
  • The Final Storm (The Door Within, #3)
  • All My Holy Mountain (Binding of the Blade, #5)
  • Demon: A Memoir
Ted Dekker is known for novels that combine adrenaline-laced stories with unexpected plot twists, unforgettable characters, and incredible confrontations between good and evil. Ted lives in Austin with his wife LeeAnn and their four children.
More about Ted Dekker...

The Circle (4 books)
  • Green: The Beginning and the End (The Circle, #0)
  • Black: The Birth of Evil (The Circle, #1)
  • Red: The Heroic Rescue (The Circle, #2)

“Dive deep. Drown willingly” 150 likes
“The battle over flesh and blood cannot compare to the battle for the heart.” 81 likes