Start by marking “Chosen - Graphic Novel (The Lost Books, #1)” as Want to Read:
Chosen - Graphic Novel (The Lost Books, #1)

Chosen - Graphic Novel (The Lost Books: Graphic Novels #1)

Think with your heart and prepare to die for you have been chosen.

The land of the Forest Dwellers has been decimated by the Horde under the watchful eye of the vilest of all creatures, Teeleh. Thomas Hunter, supreme commander of the Forest Guard, is forced to lower the recruitment age of his army from 18 to 16. From among thousands, four new recruits are chosen to lead--an
Published November 11th 2008 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Chosen - Graphic Novel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chosen - Graphic Novel

Thurston Hunger
Nov 21, 2010 Thurston Hunger rated it liked it
Cody M
Oct 11, 2011 Cody M added it
The book takes place in a world much like earth, but totaly different. the plannets history starts to repeat itself. the world is dying there are only 7 small forrest left with each forrest containing the only water known to them, 7 small lakes. out of over 100,000 recruits only 4 gaurds ar chosen at the verry beginning of the book to protect the forrest's and their lakes. the chosen ones are: Johnis, Darsal, Billos, and Silvie. the water is used as a cure for a skin disease that plauges the peo ...more
Peyton
May 17, 2011 Peyton rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-stars
I started this book without realizing that it fits into an overarching saga. No wonder I was so confused.

The artwork is lovely, and some of the panel divisions are particularly creative. There were a few obvious oddities, however, that stood out--for example, one character's hair varies from red, brown, or blonde from scene to scene. Some of the characters were hard to distinguish from one another, as well, but Reis' attention to detail on everything from a human bicep to a craggy desert is gene
Terry
Apr 12, 2009 Terry rated it really liked it
This was a pretty enjoyable graphic novel. There are strange looking bat type creatures, both good and bad, that add some fun visuals. The pictures are well done and accompany the story well. It's your typical good vs. evil kind of story. The background for the story reminds me of middle age times, but cast in the desert. This book would be enjoyed by those who like action/adventure comics or those who like fantasy. I'm looking forward to the next one. Recommended for middle school and up.
Courtney Lives On
Jan 03, 2015 Courtney Lives On rated it liked it
I liked the story but some of it was hard to follow and sometimes the art didn't make it completely clear what was going on, mostly in the battles. I did find the last half very interesting and fast paced and I look forward to getting more of the story. Very intriguing story-line. The art was pretty good but not super fantastic. Worth the read.
Karyn The Pirate
Feb 07, 2009 Karyn The Pirate rated it liked it
Recommends it for: young adults; adults
I really enjoyed this graphic novel. I am going to read the book now that I have read this edition. It reminds me of The Hunger Games with a little bit of Lord of the Rings and King Arthur thrown in.
Kayla Eklund
Nov 03, 2011 Kayla Eklund rated it really liked it
This is a great graphic novel. I love Ted Dekker's book Chosen, and the graphic novel definitely does it justice. The art style is incredible, and the characters were almost like i imagined them. I can't wait to read the rest of these.
Nidzy
Aug 16, 2015 Nidzy rated it it was ok
I was recommended these books by a friend, and was largely let down. I felt like I couldn't follow the plot and didn't find it intriguing enough.
quinnster
Jan 20, 2012 quinnster rated it liked it
You can read my full review here: http://knowitnotsomuch.blogspot.com/2...
Apr 22, 2013 Sarah rated it liked it
Overall, a good quick read. I was disappointed in the Hordehairball fight scene at the beginning. The regular book (not comic) makes that scene seem so much more epic and cunning.
Jessica
May 13, 2013 Jessica rated it really liked it
Rating: 4.5/5

Review coming soon. Some of the scenes were changed slightly from the original book.
Amanda
Amanda rated it did not like it
Jul 01, 2013
Onni
Onni rated it it was ok
Jul 22, 2012
Terri
Terri rated it did not like it
Feb 24, 2016
Kurt
Kurt rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2013
Nancy Stewart
Nancy Stewart rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2014
Laura Chartier
Laura Chartier rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2014
Charleen humber
Charleen humber rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2015
Cadence Rae
Cadence Rae rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2017
J
J rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2013
Kathy
Kathy rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2013
Abigail
Abigail rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2015
Shadowcthuhlu
Shadowcthuhlu rated it liked it
May 12, 2012
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2012
Sarahina Borgia
Sarahina Borgia rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2014
Jared
Jared rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2015
Bookcoroner
Bookcoroner rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2015
Leo Lewis
Leo Lewis rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2014
Alex
Alex rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • To Kill With Reason
  • War Is...: Soldiers, Survivors, and Storytellers Talk About War
  • BB Wolf and the Three LPs
  • Song of the Ovulum (Children of the Bard, #1)
  • Grandville (Grandville #1)
  • Isle of Fire (Isle of Swords, #2)
  • Wonder Woman: Lifelines
  • Multiplying Menace: The Revenge of Rumpelstiltskin
  • A Home for Mr. Easter
  • Brother Andrew: God's Secret Agent
  • No Laughter Here
  • The Never Weres
  • Just a Little Sick (Little Critter)
  • The Color of Earth (Color Trilogy, #1)
  • Pinocchio, Vampire Slayer and the Great Puppet Theater
  • Sweethearts of Rhythm
  • In the Small
  • JLA: Secret Origins
Ted Dekker is known for novels that combine adrenaline-laced stories with unexpected plot twists, unforgettable characters, and incredible confrontations between good and evil. Ted lives in Austin with his wife LeeAnn and their four children.
More about Ted Dekker...

The Lost Books: Graphic Novels (4 books)
  • Infidel - Graphic Novel (The Lost Books, #2)
  • Renegade - Graphic Novel (The Lost Books, #3)
  • Chaos - Graphic Novel (The Lost Books, #4)