Start by marking “Night Bird: A Story of the Seminole Indians” as Want to Read:
Night Bird: A Story of the Seminole Indians

Night Bird: A Story of the Seminole Indians

3.12 of 5 stars 3.12  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Night Bird worries about the fate of the Seminoles when her clan is forced by fears of whites to hold their Green Corn ceremony in secret and wonders if moving onto new land in Oklahoma is the answer to their troubles.
Published April 1st 1995 by Puffin Books (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Night Bird, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Bird

Nolan6619
This was small book about the night birds and the seminoles had to run for the dwindling clan to have a fresh in secret. It was a good a good small book.
Heather
This was a fast, short read. It wasn't amazing, but it was good. We learned a little about the Seminole Indians and the boys stayed interested. I don't know that I'll use this next time through. It didn't teach more than we'd already learned with our other books and I had to get it through inter-library loan which screwed my schedule up. If your library has it you might want to give it a pre-read to see if you want to take a few days to read it. Or not. This would also work well to have your mid ...more
Darla
This is a sweet story about a Seminole girl who is being trained to take over the otter clan. When some family members return just in time for the Green Corn Dance everyone celebrates until they find out they have runaway and a white man was killed. Shortly thereafter they are given a choice.

While this was a simple chapter book its content is worth the read.
Flyp 2011 Tweens
Set in Florida.
Prince Vegeta
Prince Vegeta marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
Melissa Gearing
Melissa Gearing marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2013
Allyn
Allyn marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2013
Meadow Park
Meadow Park marked it as to-read
May 30, 2012
Brie
Brie added it
Jun 12, 2011
Christopher Reeve: Young Actor (Childhood Of Famous Americans)