Start by marking “Bedding Down: A Collection of Winter Erotica” as Want to Read:
Bedding Down: A Collection of Winter Erotica

Bedding Down: A Collection of Winter Erotica

3.33  ·  Rating Details  ·  60 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Ignore the weather report—there's a heat wave coming!

Author, editor, blogger, and former sex columnist for the Village Voice, Rachel Kramer Bussel presents seven titillating tales guaranteed to steam up your bedroom windows in the midst of Mother Nature's seasonal chill. A lusty collection of scintillating erotic dreams from some of the best writers in the field, here is
Published December 2nd 2008 by Avon Red

To ask other readers questions about Bedding Down, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bedding Down

Jean Roberta
Jan 13, 2010 Jean Roberta rated it liked it
Oh the weather in this book is frightful, but the romance is as warm as hot cocoa in front of a roaring fire. This collection of stories by seven mistresses of erotic romance would be an excellent Valentine’s Day present for the right reader, preferably accompanied by roses and chocolates.

These stories are all competently written, and the sex scenes are plausible and arousing. This reviewer wouldn’t expect anything less from the writers assembled here. However, the theme tends to restrict the pl
Fay Ann Hollcroft
Jan 01, 2013 Fay Ann Hollcroft rated it did not like it
Having a hard time completing this book. Don't know if its me or just the book, probably me. Unfortunately for this book but I was unable to read past the 3rd story.;-\
That Toy Chick
Mar 28, 2012 That Toy Chick rated it really liked it
(Crossposted from ToyChickBlog.com)

"Ms. Bussel has taken the traditional erotica compilation and allowed it to breathe with her latest anthology, Bedding Down. I’m never one to turn down smut, mind you, and often use erotic literature for mental foreplay, but Bedding Down was not (if you’ll pardon the expression) your run of the mill bodice-ripper.

Bedding Down calls on a host of excellent erotica writers, most of whom I’ve had the pleasure of reading in other anthologies. These stories are not a
Aelliana
Oct 19, 2014 Aelliana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One Night in Winter - Kristina Wright: 4 stars

Six Weeks on Sunrise Mountain, Colorado - Gwen Master: Okey, but a bit boring.

It’s Not the Weather - Alison Tyler: A bit funny, 3 stars

Baby, It’s Cold Outside - Marilyn Jaye Lewis: Nice, 4 stars

Northern Exposure - Isabelle Gray: Sweet story, not sad, but rather melancholic, 4.5 stars

Hidden Treasure - Sophie Mouette: It was okey.

Sweet Season - Shanna Germain: 5 stars, very sweet!
Jade A. Waters
Aug 15, 2013 Jade A. Waters rated it it was amazing
This collection is by far one of my most favorite erotica anthologies to date. I read it many years ago, but it contains works by some of the hottest wordsmiths out there—Isabelle Gray, Shanna Germain, and Alison Tyler, to name a few. Intended for your winter reading, this book will definitely make you want to snuggle close to someone beneath the sheets. Love this one!
Arow
Jun 06, 2013 Arow rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: summer-2013, erotica
Like all collections of stories there are bound to be a few that you love, a couple you enjoy and a handful that just aren't your taste. This was true with Bedding Down; loved the beginning and end and a few in the middle I really enjoyed.

I would read another collection edited by Rachel Kramer Bussel again.
Felly
For an erotic romance, I think this is a good one especially in a short stories and you like traditional love.

My favourite would be
1. One Night in Winter - Christina Wright
2. Baby it's cold outside - Mary Jaye Lewis
3. Northern Exposure - Isabelle Gray
Rosalía
Aug 27, 2010 Rosalía rated it liked it
I much prefer short stories to novellas. The added length seems almost forced to me. But the tale from Alison Tyler was extra enjoyable.
Tasha
Sep 22, 2013 Tasha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was extremely SEXY.... There was some steamy stories that will leave you sweating lol
Kaylee
Apr 19, 2015 Kaylee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
really really sexy! perfect for when it's cold outside!
Kelly Schnorrbusch
Kelly Schnorrbusch marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016
Ohnmaraung
Ohnmaraung marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Amanda Nelson
Amanda Nelson rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2016
Jana Leah
Jana Leah marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Christal
Christal marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Hilda
Hilda added it
May 30, 2016
Lakshmi Supraja
Lakshmi Supraja marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Tnt
Tnt marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Luschus Beth
Luschus Beth marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Araina
Araina marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
*Jill*
*Jill* marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Adil
Adil marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
Siobhan
Siobhan marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
Deb
Deb rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2016
Emecheta Ksus
Emecheta Ksus marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2016
  • The One Skill
  • Do Good Design: How Designers Can Change the World
  • Best Fetish Erotica
  • Rough Around the Edges
  • The Theory of Attraction: The Theory of Attraction\A Shot in the Dark\Forbidden Fantasies
  • A Clockwork Christmas
  • Behind the Mask (Knights of the Board Room, #1)
  • Alluring Tales: Hot Holiday Nights
  • O Come All Ye Kinky
  • Best Lesbian Erotica 2012
  • Every Dark Desire
  • The Cop
  • Delighted
  • Aqua Erotica: 18 Stories for a Steamy Bath
I'm a writer, editor, book reviewer, journalist, interviewer, blogger, and event organizer. I've edited over 50 anthologies, and my books have won 8 IPPY (Independent Publisher) Awards. I have written for Alternet, The Daily Beast, Elle.com, The Frisky, Glamour, Gothamist, Harper's Bazaar, Huffington Post, Inked, Jezebel, Mediabistro, New York Post, The New York Observer, Penthouse, The Root, Salo ...more
More about Rachel Kramer Bussel...