A Classy Touch of Murder

A Classy Touch of Murder (Dr. Jean Montrose #3)

3.22 of 5 stars 3.22  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  4 reviews
A red Porsche was an appropriately classy vehicle for a smashup at a Scottish castle. The surprise was that the driver, Graeme Ferguson, had died from a .38 bullet neatly placed in his head. Engaged to the Earl of Strathalmond's eldest daughter, Graeme had more than his share of enemies - thanks to his lifestyle of recreational drugs, shady financial deals, and pretty wome...more
Published December 1st 1993 by Signet (first published 1991)

Jody
A Classy Touch of Murder is the 3rd book in the Dr. Jean Montrose series. Dr. Jean is a married woman, a doctor who share's her surgery with another female doctor. She has a husband with a glass factory and two daughters. The daughters are of an age to be getting into trouble or fun with men.
In this book, a man has been killed by an ingenious method. It's unlikely that the murderer will be caught. Drug dealers are suspected. The man's mother is blackmailed. His brother is running for office &...more
Jessi
I wasn't sure what to expect with this series. I picked up this book at the local library sale and it was good but I probably won't be picking up the rest of the series.
Jz
I quite enjoyed this book. It's a lot more gentle in leading into letting you get acquainted with the regular characters and situations than several others I've been reading. The passages that explore the relationships in the Montrose family led me to believe that the author was a perceptive woman, yet it is a man with the pen here.
The fact that I haven't read mysteries set in Scotland often before added to the appeal for me.
But the best part was the complicated plot and abundance of suspects....more
Delafere
This got better as it went along. At first the whole thing seemed way to obvious but the twist came just at the right time ie before I said forget it and put it down :)
Linda
Linda added it
Feb 23, 2014
Nita
Nita marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2013
Bill
Bill marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2013
Reco
Reco marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2013
Terrie
Terrie marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2012
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2012
Kacey
Kacey marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2012
Krystle Kouture
Krystle Kouture marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2011
Gwyn
Gwyn marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2011
Cormac
Cormac marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2011
William
William marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2011
Luminitsacobylasch
Luminitsacobylasch marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2011
Julie
Julie added it
Apr 23, 2011
Bbsteph
Bbsteph marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2011
A Nasty Bit of Murder A Fiery Hint of Murder A Bonny Case of Murder A Relative Act of Murder A Hidden Cause of Murder