Start by marking “Rich Woman: A Book on Investing for Women, Take Charge Of Your Money, Take Charge Of Your Life” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  2,049 Ratings  ·  89 Reviews
Why do so many women accept the myth that men are better at investing? RICH WOMAN - which was self-published by The Rich Dad Company addresses this self-sabotaging habit head on and teaches women the essentials about finance. Key sections include:

The First Four Keys to Being a Successful Investor - Arm yourself with some financial education, start small, put a little mone
Published April 10th 2006 by Rich Press (first published 2006)

Krista
Jun 25, 2007 Krista rated it liked it
This was a quick read, she wrote it as if she was talking to and teaching a group of friends about how they can take control of their financial life. She doesn't like that there are woman out there that don't know how to do anything with money other than balance a checkbook! She wants woman to be more aware of the world and how they take care of themselves and their families through learning about investing. It isn't a "how to" book, more of a book to increase awareness.
Natasia Angel
Jan 10, 2011 Natasia Angel rated it really liked it
Even though I'm not a woman yet, I really like this book and the idea of being financially independent..
And I think women have been underestimated for hundreds of years.. Society thinks that women cannot understand finance and money.. But the truth is women can do anything they want..
Nathanael
Aug 17, 2012 Nathanael rated it liked it
A review for the men: If your wife/girlfriend is reading this, you'd do well to read it too. Money is a team sport, and it's important to know where your partner's going with it.

Of course, if you're more inclined to see love as a battlefield, well then, forewarned is forearmed. ;)
Catherine
Oct 27, 2013 Catherine rated it it was amazing
Kim makes an excellent case for the dire need for women to be financially independent and the (U.S) statistics (and sympathetic worldwide trends) to back up her case are startling:
-50% of marriages end in divorce. (The #1 thing couples fight about is money.)
-In the first year after divorce a woman's standard of living drops an average of 73%.
-Of the elderly living in poverty, 3 out of 4 are women, yet 80% of these women were not poor when their husbands were alive.
-90% OF ALL WOMEN WILL BE SOLEL
Allison
Sep 02, 2008 Allison rated it really liked it
If you want to be an independent woman who can take care of her own finances with or without a man, read this book. I didn't know the first thing about investment options or jargon before I picked this up. I still can't say I know much jargon, but I do know that there are smart ways for me to handle my money and investments that even I could handle.

The only negative thing I have to say about this book is the format was a little too "women getting together to have coffee and chit chat." I underst
Helga Soenimanggar
Aug 16, 2007 Helga Soenimanggar rated it really liked it
every women must have this book in their hand. i'm serious. really good book to change our mind set. we can be independent grl and free financially from man!!! because we must preparing pr self for the worse condition and if we can earn our money and have our own money so we don't have count on man for this financial trouble anymore. read this and you will know what i'm talking about preparing for the worse!!!
Tiffany
Feb 16, 2011 Tiffany rated it it was ok
Don't make fun of me! I have decided to learn about the world of investing. Kind of a cheesy read, but a good one to start on.
This book was VERY cheesy... VERY. But, I had to start somewhere and get a little terminology going I guess. On to a better on.
Alexa
Jul 02, 2014 Alexa rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
A pretty good guide to how to start investing and why it's so important to do so, targeted to women but the advice is good for anyone. This was recommended by an instructor for a course I took. The one issue I had with it is that I felt like it talks down to the reader a lot, especially the part about comparing investments to types of men. I thought that was really stupid, and that the point could have been made without such a reductive metaphor, but other than that, the book had a lot of great ...more
Catherine Flynn
Aug 18, 2015 Catherine Flynn rated it really liked it
I enjoyed and loved this book. Purchased at a thrift storen and worth more than I paid for. I love how she motivates women to not follow the usual people were taught about money. She gave so many insights and push to do better. every page makes me excited to pursue financial freedom! I should have it read long time ago! Though I love the book and as much I get excited for all the things she taught and the story of her life and her friends, it would be nicer to cite companies base from her experi ...more
Dawn
Jan 09, 2013 Dawn rated it really liked it
Audio version. Listening on long commutes is helping me learn more about finance. This was very story driven. Very heavy on real estate investing, but lots of good tips throughout.
Debbie
Jan 11, 2013 Debbie rated it really liked it
One of my New Year’s resolutions was to make better choices with my money and to one day no longer have to rely on working for someone else to make money. Fortunately I am currently working part-time in a library and was able to browse their section on audio books since I now spend more time driving around. I read Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Kim’s husband years ago but never realized his wife had also written a book. This book has truly motivated me even more so to make changes in my life.

The book is
Kayla
Jun 09, 2015 Kayla rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: EVERYONE.
Shelves: finished-in-2010
This book was MINDBLOWING. I squealed through more than half of this book, felt revolutionized, and felt a very strong momentum that could be a reality high.

I am putting what I learned from this book to great use. I recommend this book to anyone, even men and teenagers. This book is for you if you want total financial independence and you hate being told what to do.

I know others have said it's basically the same information as in Rich Dad, Poor Dad. I know there are some grammar mistakes and spe
Heather
Mar 11, 2008 Heather rated it really liked it
Here's some statistics that I thought were startling (at least the last two), they're from the back cover.

47% of women over the age of 50 are single.

50% of marriages end ind in divorce.

In the first year after a divorce a woman's standard of living drops an average of 73%.

Of the elderly living in poverty 3 out of 4 are women - and 80% of them were not poor when their husbands were alive.

Nearly 7 out of 10 women will at some time live in poverty.

I had many people recommend this book to me. Honestl
Domingos Novela
Este livro é praticamente uma ramificação do livro Pai Rico Pai Pobre, ou seja, na parte em que o Kiyosaki fala sobre comprar activos, este livro explica um pouco melhor o que ele quer ao certo dizer com isto. O facto de estar em jeito de história, nota-se que é para ser "digerível" pelas massas... concretamente femininas. Tirando isso tudo, toda a mulher devia passar uma vista de olhos neste livro, tem muito boas dicas, e fala sobre a realidade dura e crua das mulheres face ao dinheiro.
O título
Callme Beth
Jan 23, 2014 Callme Beth rated it did not like it
Bacaan yang berusaha menarik pembaca untuk berinvestasi dalam berbagai bidang untuk mendapatkan kebebasan finansial. Investasi yang banyak dibahas adalah di bidang properti dan sangat direkomendasikan. Hanya saja, buku ini tidak memberitahukan betapa beresikonya investasi properti yang sangat dibanggakan tersebut. Krisis ekonomi di USA bersumber salah satunya dari bubble kredit perumahan yang terjadi karena penduduk berlomba2 memiliki properti dg berhutang pada bank meskipun mereka tak mampu mem ...more
Cass
Oct 30, 2012 Cass rated it it was amazing
I have been so encouraged by this book. I have 8 books coming to me from my library on investing! Too many women are finding years of poverty instead of golden years. I read it was about, 80%!? And most were not prepared, having spent years in comfort. Bottom line: don't rely on your husband, your boss, or the government to dictate how you will live your life. Also, you do not need $ to make $. Huh! What an open door that presents! I'm seeing visions of not having to be dependent, that cliff to ...more
Elena Cata
Aug 26, 2016 Elena Cata rated it really liked it
I've read it by accident and I am not regretting. It’s for the first time when I was given to see that a book which has a target financial independence and investments, brings a new approach in relating the facts. At some point, I was not reading it as a guide for investments, but more like a book with lifestyle pieces of advice.
Challa Fletcher
Jun 26, 2014 Challa Fletcher rated it liked it
I think this was a great first read in my attempt to learn and understand the importance on changing how I think about investments and money. The information was there but the constant switching between each woman was distracting me a bit from what the core lesson of that chapter was, as if it was getting segmented by filler. But the seed is definitely planted and I will be seeking out more research so that I can go "full throttle." I checked this book out from my library but I would definitely ...more
Sharon
May 23, 2009 Sharon rated it really liked it
I'm enjoying this book so far! I expected a boring, "how-to" investment book, but so far it's a fun account of why the author decided to write the book.

So far I've read about her lunch with her friends after 20 years and the turns that their lives have taken.

Also...I can definitely relate to the subtitle of this book. I sure do hate being told what to do as well!

OK, this book has the potential to change women's minds about their financial future. Having money has the power to grant us freedom fr
Carrie Rundhaug
Feb 07, 2012 Carrie Rundhaug rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this book. Rich Woman is not a step by step guide to investing but it does get your mind working and thinking towards goals. Rich Woman is about setting up goals and trying to achieve those goals through motivation. This book is written with stories about Kim and 4 of her friends from college. I really enjoyed reading the stories of the group of friends. Sometime however they are distracting but I do believe they serve a very important point. This book shows the need for ...more
Maria Stancheva
Типичната книга от поредицата "Богат татко, беден татко".
Имаше някои интересни идеи. Като цяло става, с уточнението, че този тип книги нямат никаква художествена стойност.
Elwirka
Oct 14, 2014 Elwirka rated it liked it
It's typically mindsetting, motivating and inspiring book. However it was worth to read, some valuable advices included :). I just would prefer if it will be written in more conceise way.
Natasha Flavell
Oct 10, 2015 Natasha Flavell rated it liked it
If you have read rich dad poor dad then this is a pointless read! However, if you haven't then I would say the book is generally a good read. Easy and quick to get through.
Jia Hui
Mar 14, 2016 Jia Hui rated it it was amazing
Kim kiyosaki selflessly shares many ways for women to start investing in this book and it's a quick read. I love it, do give it a shot :)
Elena Lozonschi
Jan 08, 2016 Elena Lozonschi rated it it was amazing
A fabulous book that every woman who wants to be in charge of her life has to read. It's a 'must have' for women at any age!
Pavi
Jan 04, 2014 Pavi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
very practical, fills the wholes that other books on business leave. It's very light and easy to read, takes you through a step by step process. Always to the point while presenting information through a plot to keep it interesting. Addresses some important issues about women and how social experience shapes their self-image. Gives you a sense that after reading it you know what to do.
This was my first book of the year and I hope that the rest of the books follow accordingly :)
Raihan M
Nov 03, 2014 Raihan M rated it really liked it
she is one of my imaginary friends who sits, talks, advises me financially.
Sophia
Mar 26, 2014 Sophia rated it it was ok
Audiobooked it. Learned a little bit of this, little bit of that.....
Ayodele
wow! breathtakingly good...and a must-read for any women interested in journeying to become financially free investors! xo
Dee Renee  Chesnut
Apr 29, 2009 Dee Renee Chesnut rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all women and their daughters
Shelves: investing, 2009
As the Rich Dad series of books do, this book shows the need for financial literacy and directs you to make the changes you need to improve your financial education. This books spends more time on discovering what assumptions may be holding a woman from even attempting investing. I liked the section about that helps us when our partner may not have an interest in learning more about financial literacy or investing and the section about dealing with people who have a negative opinion even though ...more
Mansfield Public ...: Rich Woman Review by Dr. Valorie Ursin 1 2 Jul 17, 2013 07:53PM
  • Rich Dad's Prophecy: Why the Biggest Stock Market Crash in History Is Still Coming...and How You Can Prepare Yourself and Profit from It!
  • Real Estate Riches: How to Become Rich Using Your Banker's Money
  • Own Your Own Corporation
  • Trump: Think Like a Billionaire: Everything You Need to Know About Success, Real Estate, and Life
  • Sales Dogs: You Do Not Have to Be an Attack Dog to Be Successful in Sales
  • The ABC's of Real Estate Investing: The Secrets of Finding Hidden Profits Most Investors Miss
  • Rich Dad's Advisors: Guide to Investing In Gold and Silver: Everything You Need to Know to Profit from Precious Metals Now
  • OPM: Other People's Money: How to Attract Other People's Money for Your Investments -- The Ultimate Leverage
  • The Automatic Millionaire Homeowner: A Powerful Plan to Finish Rich in Real Estate
  • Loopholes of the Rich: How the Rich Legally Make More Money and Pay Less Tax

“Words are powerful instruments. Handle them and your understanding level of new information will grow in a spectacular way.” 0 likes
“If fear can prevent us from potential vital danger, it can also be lethal – kills our dreams, chances, personal development and passion, prevent us from living our life at maximum.” 0 likes