Start by marking “Married by Christmas” as Want to Read:

Married by Christmas

It was hardly surprising that Lilli had drunk a good deal of champagne; barely three months ago her world had been rocked by trauma. She remembered leaving the party - but how had she ended up in Patrick''s bed?'
Published 1998 by Mills & Boon

To ask other readers questions about Married by Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Married by Christmas

Leona
Sep 15, 2012 Leona rated it really liked it
Shelves: hqn-presents
What a delightful story. I loved the relationship and dynamics between not only the H/h, but their respective families. It was filled with unexpected twist and turns that kept me turning those pages and there was a level of sophistication in the execution of the story that you don't typically find in most HP category romances. Both the heroine and hero act respectfully towards one another, but yet all the requisite angst and chemistry between the two still existed!

I was a bit hesitant to pick it
Fre06 Begum
Sep 02, 2015 Fre06 Begum rated it it was ok
I really hate plots where heroine's fathers have a younger wife and child I just find it really icky and distracting from the main storyline! Oh and hero's fathers too.....
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
This was a cute book. Mortimer kept us guessing on the hero and the heroine until near the end. The reveal on the truth about Lilli's parents' marriage and the true nature of his new love, was surprising.

I was a bit surprised at the beginning and I'm glad that things turned out more innocent than it seemed. Patrick was a nice mix of alpha and beta. He would come on as tough, but he had a marshmallow heart. I liked that about him.

I kept thinking about Lizzy Bennet from Pride and Prejudice because
tsukino
Dec 01, 2015 tsukino rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: natale, rosa, harmony
Married by Christmas

Con questo libro ho iniziato le mie letture natalizie.
Bene, non potevo iniziare con libro più banale! Storia irreale e assurda e personaggi con la profondità di una pozzanghera. Di natalizio ha ben poco. Peggio di così non si può fare per cui sarà (dovrà essere) un crescendo ^.*
Booklover
Liked it very much,the story developed well,liked Patrick-Lilli very much,all the issues were handled well and by the end every puzzle piece falls into places.Overall a fun,sweet and enjoyable read

Recommend it
Tia
Nov 27, 2012 Tia rated it it was ok
It was odd and the ending was even more so. I mean having a baby brother just a bit before having your own children? The ending was pretty damn screwed up, the rest of it was okay though.
Sati Marie Frost
I'll tell you a secret. British romance novels baffle me the majority of the time. As a half-English half-American raised in Spain and London, you'd expect me to understand how Brits think, but I guess there's too much Yankee in me.

So yes. English Mills & Boon titles tend to leave me with a quizzical look on my face. They seem to be full of perplexing heroes and heroines, who have a lot of hostility for each other - at least at the start - and spend a lot of time being angry for reasons that
Saintlyjuliet
May 06, 2016 Saintlyjuliet rated it liked it
The book was slow at times. The h was kind of annoying and spoilt at the beginning. Later her and the H became very endearing and lovable as characters. Unfortunately this only happens about 100 pages in so you need to wait patiently. I kind of got annoyed with the dialogue because everyone kept hiding things from the h so most of the times you had to put up with this:

"I cannot tell you about this important thing," said either H or h's father.
"Tell me..." said h.
"No," said either H or h's father
Gail
I usually love Carole Mortimer's books but this one was pretty much a semi-clunker. From 1998 it isn't quite old, old school, it's sort of that bridge in time between Old School and more like today's stories but the plot was quite stuck with one foot firmly planted in OS. The hero was really much older than the heroine, something I could tolerate in the old days, but even giving the book the benefit of the doubt it didn't work for me. The just-past-her-21st-birthday heroine was a bore. No mentio ...more
Tatiana Stefan
May 17, 2016 Tatiana Stefan rated it liked it
2008 review MY THOUGHTS: SPOILERS ALERT! I gave this book four stars because it was readable, entertaining and sweet - and it had an epilogue, yay! I always like it when I see the "after the happily ever after". Also I don't read much romance novels were in the hero is almost like a virgin - I'm not saying he is. But the fact that Patrick didn't have any woman for five years after his divorce. And the heroine was a virgin so thats great. =P Although I'm surprised considering this book was writte ...more
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
Appena iniziato mi sono accorta che avevo già letto questa storia quando era ancora in versione "vecchio harmony sottiletta" e non "elit colorato e fascinoso" XD Comunque è la classica storiella del matrimonio di convenienza che in realtà nasconde l'amore e blablabla....senza infamia e senza lode insomma!
Lemon
Lee
Lee rated it it was ok
Apr 07, 2015
Lynda
Lynda rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2009
Chitra
Chitra rated it liked it
Oct 30, 2015
Stauroula
Stauroula rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2017
Penny
Penny rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Tweety
Tweety rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2016
Jeni
Jeni rated it liked it
May 11, 2011
KC
KC rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2016
Aruna
Aruna rated it liked it
Dec 24, 2013
Michelle Alexander
Michelle Alexander rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2014
Janice
Janice rated it it was ok
Jan 19, 2014
Jae
Jae rated it it was ok
May 21, 2017
Mary Claire
Mary Claire rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2013
Runjhun Rana
Runjhun Rana rated it liked it
Nov 26, 2009
Julietwhitesnow
Julietwhitesnow rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2015
Soobie
Soobie rated it did not like it
Mar 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I have written almost 200 romance novels in contemporary and Regency.

I am a USA Today Bestselling Author and recipient of the 2015 RWA Lifetime Achievement Award. In 2014 I received a Pioneer of Romance Award from Romantic Times in the US and in 2012 I was recognised by Queen Elizabeth II for my 'outstanding service to literature'.

I am very happily married to Peter with six sons, and live on the
More about Carole Mortimer...