Start by marking “Face to Face: Praying the Scriptures for Intimate Worship: Praying the Scriptures for Intimate Worship v. 1 (Face to Face: Intimate Worship)” as Want to Read:

A newly revised version of the trusted Full Life Study Bible, with unique features designed especially for Spirit-filled Christians who prefer the NIV.
Published August 29th 1997 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about Face to Face, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Face to Face

Nogeel
Dec 07, 2008 Nogeel rated it it was amazing
If you've been told a hundred times to pray Scripture, but struggle with what to pray. It has a section of scripture for all stages of prayer and is written to allow both structured prayer and free prayer. An excellent book to help out your prayer life.
Sara Good
Sep 17, 2015 Sara Good rated it it was amazing
5 stars and then some. ;) this book revolutionized my prayer time. I love it and am starting it over again.
Laura Murray
Mar 03, 2015 Laura Murray rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book for my daily prayer time. It keeps me structured and focused. At the same time, it allows for flexibility to cover everything I need/want. And I can apply scripture as well! I use this every day. It truly changed my prayer life. I needed something to keep my mind focused and to help me know what scriptures apply. This book does that and more. In addition, the prayers are mine. I am not reiterating what the author wants me to say. This book is a guide to prayer. So the ...more
Amy
Jan 10, 2014 Amy rated it it was amazing
This is another of my favorite devotionals. It has 3 months of daily devotions where he writes Scriptures into prayers for each category (adoration, confession, petition, personal renewal, etc.) and also includes directions for topics to pray about at the end of each section of Scripture prayers. Can take anywhere from 10 minutes or more depending on how in-depth your prayers are in each section.
Jeannette
Jan 07, 2013 Jeannette rated it really liked it
I am currently reading another similar volume Praying the Scriptures for Personal Growth, by Kenneth Boa. I must say, I found this one much more impactful and beneficial than the one I am currently reading.
It is a wonderful way to incorporate scripture into your daily prayer routine or help you to structure your time. It is not just for reading but for self examination, petition, and worship. I do wish the scriptures were included in direct quotions rather than adaptations, but overall it did n
John
May 03, 2007 John rated it really liked it
My friends Paul and Janice in Italy sent me this book a couple of months ago, and I've been incorporating it more and more often into my morning devotional time. I've heard many times of the concept of "praying the Scriptures," but I've never really succeeded in doing it. This book is bringing me farther in that direction. Boa uses so much Scripture, so well, that each day -- three months' worth of days (probably five months for me) -- is different from the day before.
Kristin
May 05, 2008 Kristin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian-living
This is a 3-month devotional book of scripture prayers. Each day has scriptures in the following sections:
Adoration
Confession
Renewal
Petition
Intercession
Affirmation
Thanksgiving
and a Closing Prayer

At the end of each section, it encourages you to add your own thoughts and words.

It is a really neat way to go to God and sit at His feet.

There are two other Face to Face books, but this one is my favorite.
Feb 24, 2010 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christianity
A great book that helped me become more consistent in my prayer life. There are 31 days per month with 3 months worth of prayer guidelines. There is also a prayer request section in the back, which I find really useful in recording how God is working in my life. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone trying to have a better and more intimate prayer time.
Erica
Feb 09, 2015 Erica rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Got this book in a white elephant exchange my sophomore year of college. It revolutionized my prayer life and is probably an undercurrent for why I worship with the liturgical Anglican church today.

A guide I return to often with joy and gratitude.
Rachelle Sperling
May 10, 2016 Rachelle Sperling rated it really liked it
A great devotional collection of Scriptures to pray back to God. This is a book I pick up every couple of years and it never gets old because it is simply the Word of God.
Layne
Sep 03, 2012 Layne rated it liked it
This devotional is okay, not nearly as good the the other volume by Kenneth Boa, Praying the Scriptures for Spiritual Growth.
Karen
May 21, 2011 Karen rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent resource for structure in personal time with God.
Angela
Apr 07, 2012 Angela rated it really liked it
Shelves: prayer, reference
Lovely book for helping you to grow closer to God!
Shannon Warfield hayes
Aug 31, 2012 Shannon Warfield hayes rated it it was amazing
Awesome, Awesome, Awesome tool for devotional time!!
Lauren
Jan 04, 2010 Lauren rated it it was amazing
excellent prayer guide
Jodi
May 17, 2011 Jodi rated it really liked it
Love this book!
phillip nelson
phillip nelson rated it it was amazing
Sep 29, 2016
Trace
Trace marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2016
Valerie Ray
Valerie Ray rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2016
Lara Griffiths
Lara Griffiths rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2016
Jeannine
Jeannine marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2016
Blake Moore
Blake Moore marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2016
Diane
Diane rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2016
Maddie
Maddie marked it as to-read
Hayley Guatafson
Hayley Guatafson marked it as to-read
Pamela Mcleod
Pamela Mcleod marked it as to-read
Cindy Darnell
Cindy Darnell is currently reading it
Aug 17, 2016
Susan Amey
Susan Amey rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2016
Brian Phillips
Brian Phillips rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Unceasing Worship: Biblical Perspectives on Worship and the Arts
  • For the Love of God: Volume One: A Daily Companion for Discovering the Riches of God's Word
  • Divine Healing: A Scriptural Approach to Sickness, Faith and Healing
  • Rut, Rot, or Revival: The Condition of the Church
  • Becoming a Woman of Prayer
  • The Christian Faith: A Systematic Theology for Pilgrims on the Way
  • Your Mind Matters: The Place of the Mind in the Christian Life
  • Engaging with God: A Biblical Theology of Worship
  • The Treasury of David, Volmes #1-3(The Treasury of David #1-3)
  • Young, Restless, Reformed: A Journalist's Journey with the New Calvinists