Start by marking “Breastless in the City: A Young Woman's Journey Through Death, Diagnosis, Dating, and Surviving Breast Cancer” as Want to Read:

"I was only 25 years old when I became a widow," Cathy Bueti writes in this gripping memoir of courage and survival. "He was my high school sweetheart and, like Romeo and Juliet, we fell in love when we were only 15 years old." But her husband's shocking death in a car crash is only the beginning of Cathy Bueti's story. Six years later, at age 31, emotionally recovered, wi ...more
Published October 1st 2006 by Cleveland Clinic Press (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Breastless in the City, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breastless in the City

Eric
Jul 03, 2009 Eric rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mass-kicker
What is a single guy doing reading a book about dating and breast cancer? Truth is... I wanted to see how someone else picked themself up after going through so much. The author no doubt was faced with many challenges with the passing of her soulmate, a breast cancer diagnosis, searching for a new soulmate while her self esteem was bruised through treatment, and the complicated relationships with her loved ones. She paints a very real picture of the issues a young adult survivor must deal with.
Charity
Nov 03, 2010 Charity rated it liked it
A very good friend gave me this book in the hopes that I would be of comfort during my own struggle with breast cancer. While I thought the book did offer some comfort and inspiration (in that there will eventually be an end to all this, even if it doesn't always seem that way), I thought the writing was a little simplistic and I didn't much care for the overall tone of the book. Eh, just okay.
Debbie
Nov 07, 2007 Debbie rated it liked it
I read this because our local library was hosting a talk by the author. It was a very fast read, written rather simply. The author, widowed at 26 and then diagnosed with breast cancer, tells us what it was like to date while undergoing treatment and surgery with little support from her estranged parents.
Susan
Feb 02, 2008 Susan rated it did not like it
Great story, but I found that the author's writing style left something to be desired. I would have liked to see more polish in her storytelling. Nevertheless, she's led a fascinating life that no 30-something should have to lead.
Beth
Sep 02, 2011 Beth rated it it was ok
I wanted to sympathize with Cathy a lot more than I did. I think I got really frustrated in having her try to find her worth in the variety of losers she met in the online dating world.
Emily Easter
A very quick and easy read, despite the heavy subject matter.
Moon222878
Moon222878 marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2015
Caitlin Weber
Caitlin Weber marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2015
Rox
Rox rated it it was ok
Aug 30, 2014
Tristan Darcy
Tristan Darcy marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Freda
Freda marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2013
Khandy
Khandy rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2012
Amanda Connell
Amanda Connell rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2012
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
May 05, 2012
Alejandra Oquendo
Alejandra Oquendo rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2012
Sila
Sila added it
Jan 07, 2012
Brenda Ann
Brenda Ann marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2011
Angela
Angela rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2011
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2010
Kristin
Kristin rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2010
Christine US
Christine US marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2010
Dawn Michelle
Dawn Michelle marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2010
Val
Val rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2010
Tashi
Tashi rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2010
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2010
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
Feb 05, 2010
Chris
Chris rated it it was ok
Jun 24, 2009
Cherié Mckinnon
Cherié Mckinnon rated it it was ok
Sep 04, 2009
Elise
Elise marked it as to-read
May 06, 2009