Start by marking “Set Lighting Technician's Handbook: Film Lighting Equipment, Practice, and Electrical Distribution” as Want to Read:

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Comprehensive. Detailed. Practical. Set Lighting Technician's Handbook, Third Edition is a friendly, hands-on manual covering the day-to-day practices, equipment, and tricks of the trade essential to anyone doing motion picture lighting. This handbook offers a wealth of practical technical information, useful techniques, as well as aesthetic discussions. The Set Lighting T ...more
Published March 17th 2003 by Focal Press (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Set Lighting Technician's Handbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Set Lighting Technician's Handbook

Sita
I had to read this book for class. It was actually quite well written with some anecdotes thrown in to make it livelier. My aspiring DP friend practically made this book his bible and I had to prized it off his deathly grip. I just gave it 2 stars because I just use it as reference. DP friend would probably gave it a 5 since he actually carry it with him everywhere.
Peter O'leary
Aug 25, 2007 Peter O'leary rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: cinematographers, grips and electrics
Shelves: film-books
If you work as a grip, electric or cinematographer this is required reading. Exhaustive reference book for equipment specs, knots, protocol and anything else you might encounter or need to know on set. Of no interest to anyone else.
erock
I learned what a best boy is.
I also learned that there is one lighting book in the world that is actually full of useful information instead of a bunch of boring 'creative/artsy/mumbo-jumbo'.
Harry Pray IV
This was stolen from me and I know who has it...TODD! Best book on lighting gear and film set stuff...ever....much better than the ASC manual.
Kellista
Amazing and so useful...a must have for anyone interested in set lighting. Gives many diagrams, tricks of the trade, calculations, etc.
Bryantnaro
The single greatest field guidebook for any filmmaker!
Sofia Galvan
Sofia Galvan marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Praveen Kanaparthi
Praveen Kanaparthi marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Anbustalin
Anbustalin marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Xiaoyang
Xiaoyang marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Joel
Joel is currently reading it
Jul 18, 2014
Sakthi
Sakthi marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014